The Reign of the Lords

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

The_Gnat

The Reign of the Lords

Post by The_Gnat »

Hello, I am the author of the Reign of The Lords era. The Reign of the Lords is an era where you play as 8 factions of ultimate lords reigning over a division of wesnoth - yet you are not satisfied. Fight as the greatest heroes, villains, and warriors.

The Reign of The Lords

Lords.png
The Reign of The Lords
I just wanted to create a thread to get feedback from any users of the Reign of The Lords who have any suggestions about balancing the Reign of The Lords era, who have noticed any bugs or errors, or who have any suggestions about things to add to the era. I would like to thank all the people who have helped contribute to this add-on. IPS for his balancing help, Forest Dragon for his sprites and units from The Golden Age, and the authors of Legend of the Invincibles, Era of Magic, War of Legends, War of the Gods, Uber Default, and Era of More units for all their units and pictures.
I'd love to hear from anyone out there with any suggestions. Here is the my art thread with many images that i have made from my era. Including this which is the full Reign of the Lords image.

Thank You
-News-
2016 Announcements
ANNOUNCEMENT (November 2nd 2016): I am proud to announce that the 5 Lords Reign add-on has hit its first milestone! 500 Downloads! Many thanks to all the people who have downloaded it, and to all the people who have (knowingly, or unknowingly) contributed to it.

ANNOUNCEMENT (November 7th 2016): I am happy to announce the 1.1.4 release of the 5 Lords Reign Era! It is a great new addition and adds many new units and also it solves the slight problem that advancements were having in 1.1.3, and many new units!

ANNOUNCEMENT (November 13th 2016): Version 1.1.5 of the 5 Lords Reign era has been released with many new units

ANNOUNCEMENT (November 27th 2016): Version 1.1.6 of the 5 Lords Reign era is now out! Mainly balances the Dwarves, Orcs and Loyalists thanks to IPS

ANNOUNCEMENT (November 29th 2016): I am proud to announce that the 5 Lords Reign add-on has hit its second milestone! 1000 Downloads! This is seriously impressive considering only 27 days ago we had only 500 downloads! I am very appreciative of all those who have downloaded the add-on, posted feedback and help contribute to this era.

ANNOUNCEMENT (December 17th 2016): Released for Wesnoth 1.13. Bersion 1.1.7 of the 5 Lords Reign has now been released for the 1.13 add-on database.

ANNOUNCEMENT (December 26th 2016): Version 1.2.0 has now been released for 1.12. This new 1.2 version includes the 6th faction and the add-on has now been renamed The Reign of The Lords. The Dark Legion has joined the battle now allowing you to fight with level 4 and 5 undead warriors.
2017 Announcements
ANNOUNCEMENT (January 15th 2017): Version 1.2.1 has now been released for 1.12. It contains many bug fixes.

ANNOUNCEMENT (March 3rd 2017): Version 1.2.3 has now been released for 1.12 and 1.13. It adds many new units including the Elvish hierophant, Troll Fire Wizard, Merman Praetorian, Merman Admiral, Merman Raetarius, Merman Spear Caster, Goblin Piercer, Goblin Trumpeter, Orion, Infiltrator, Forest Warden, Armoured Highwayman, Revolutionary, Naga Centurion, Elvish Gryphonier, Great Ogre, Ancient Ogre, and advancement of Jouster. These units can all be advanced to in campaigns.

ANNOUNCEMENT (April 15th 2017): Version 1.2.4.5 has now been released for 1.12 and 1.13. It adds many new units: Woodland Master, Exterminator, Predator, Saurian Clairvoyant, Dark Shaman, Damned Shaman, Striker, Diviner, Visionary, Sage, and Master Javelineer. It also adds a new faction The Outcasts.

ANNOUNCEMENT (May 21st 2017): Version 1.2.5 has now been released for 1.12. and 1.13. It adds a new faction The Drake Storm Front!

ANNOUNCEMENT (July 14th 2017): Version 8.2.0 has now been released for 1.12. and 1.13. This new release adds over 2 dozen new high level units and changes sprites, names and attack icons for many of the old units! This is the biggest release yet and it is awesome! See here to read about all the changes!

ANNOUNCEMENT (August 19th 2017): Version 8.2.1 has now been released for 1.12. and 1.13. This release fixes a number of animations, sprites, and stat errors/balances. I suggest you donwload it. :)

ANNOUNCEMENT (October 10th 2017) MILESTONE 1 YEAR

ANNOUNCEMENT (October 14th 2017): I finally got around to releasing version 8.2.3 of the Reign of the Lords add-on for 1.12 and 1.13. It is a great update with a dozen new units including the long awaited Orcish Royal Assassin (lvl 4) and a dozen new outlaw units filling the Outcasts faction. Along with this a new release of the portrait add-on gives portraits to almost every unit thanks to LordLewis!! And also animation errors, bugs, and stat changes have been made.

ANNOUNCEMENT (December 9th 2017): I am happy to announce the 9th faction the Khalifate Lords and version 9.0.0 has now been released! This new faction comes with advancements for all the mainline khalifate along with many balance changes including price changes for many level 2 units.
2018 Announcements
ANNOUNCEMENT (Febuary 6 2018): MILESTONE 3000 Downloads!!!!

ANNOUNCEMENT (April 13 2018): NEW RELEASE FOR 1.14!!

ANNOUNCEMENT (April 26 2018): Thanks to the awesome help of LordLewis and ghype the next version of the Reign of the Lords has now been released! This new release most importantly features advancements for many campaign units including Konrad, Lisar, and all the famous characters!
LOTS OF NEW UPDATES SINCE THEN!!! :D
IMPORTANT INFO
INFO

1. I recommend you DO NOT update this add-on if you are in the middle of a campaign. Often i change the names and ids of units which could cause problems. But I Strongly recommend you update every release. The add-on has been reduced in size so this is more convenient, often updates include important bug fixes.

2. The Reign of The Lords modification (little checkbox) is known to have problems with campaigns that are unique. Therefore i strongly recommend you dont play it with Legend of the Invincibles and other similar campaigns.

3. In Multiplayer if you want units to advance to 4th and 5th level you must activate the Reign of the Lords Advancement Modification (checkbox).
Note: Currently not every unit advances to 4th and 5th level. The monsters, and new units, but are in progress!
As of now i have changed the naming convention for the Reign of the Lords versions. It now is: [num factions].[major releases].[minor releases].[bug fixes]
Last edited by The_Gnat on February 10th, 2021, 9:55 pm, edited 26 times in total.
ForestDragon

Re: 5 Lords Reign

Post by ForestDragon »

nice era! reminds me of my own one a bit, would you mind if i borrow some images from your era?
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

No problem at all!! ( ;) in fact i borrowed some from other people) Glad you liked the era

what era are you making?
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

The_Gnat wrote:what era are you making?
the name is The Golden Age
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

:) I've played your add-on and think its really good! Also I've borrowed some of the images for the units, warmaster,halberdier,titanium decimator. (thats probably why it reminds you of your addon :lol: )
The_Gnat

A new Lord for The 5 Lords Reign era

Post by The_Gnat »

ANNOUNCEMENT: The 5 Lords Reign is going well and nearing version 1.1.2 and a stable release so i thought to begin on adding a 6th Lord to the 5 Lords Reign mod. I am considering a few ideas. The first idea i have is of adding the Lord of Darkness and his faction of Undead and Dark Sorcery. The second idea is adding the Lord of the Rogues, the Khalifate wanders and the Outlaws of Wesnoth have banded together (forming an alliance that is attempting to overthrow the kings of Wesnoth)

Please post which you would prefer being added. Like the previous factions a new faction would include many new 3rd 4th and 5th level units. If you have any other suggestions those would also be welcome. I will probably begin developement of this 6th Lord in a few weeks and if anyone prefers one or the other faction now is the time to say so! :D

The Dark Lord:

The Lord of the Rogues:
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: A new Lord for The 5 Lords Reign era

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

You don't have to make a new topic every time you need to post an announcement. You post in the existing topic thread. Please read the forum guidelines. BTW, are you making your add-on like that Era of Ascension? Or, the one where you get level 6-7 units?
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
The_Gnat

Re: A new Lord for The 5 Lords Reign era

Post by The_Gnat »

Sorry about that mate :P , thanks for the information!! Also yes this is going to be similar to era of ascension (i don't know if they have made a addon for 1.12) So far the factions included in the 5 Lords Reign modication are the High Elves, The Loyalist Army, The Dwarvish Kingdom, The Orcish Alliance, and the Wizards and Elementals. Also a main difference from this and era of ascension is that in this mod you recruit Lvl 3. It adds a new dynamic to wesnoth gameplay where your army consists of a small group of powerful soldiers. Many people aren't big fans of recruiting Lvl 3 units which is why i also have a ingame modification option under multiplayer which makes all the default wesnoth units advance to these new Lvl 4, and 5 units similar to era of ascension. Also i have made a modification 5 Lords Default Unit Advancements which allows your soldiers in ANY campaign to now advance to these new Lvl 4, and 6 units! :D

A good example of this new addons units can be seen in the Grand Knight:

Grand Knight Lvl 3 Image -> Appocalypse Rider Lvl 4 Image -> Dragon Rider Lvl 5 Image
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

GK has a level 5 advancement? If it doesn't one-hit-kill a Fire Dragon, I am not impressed. :P
I have installed your era, but I have yet to try it out since my first semester is sucking the life out of me. :x
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

:lol: the dragon rider isnt That powerful mainly you benifit from the addition of a 13-4 range attack and a huge 50% defense against fire and 40% on blade and impact. I tried to not overdo any of the attacks on higher lvl units and am working on some new weapon specails and abilitys at the moment. However if u play the era and have any suggestions that would b gr8! :D
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

hi, so, i found your prophet.png unit sprite, and noticed that it had TC issues on the flag, so i fixed it:
prophet.png
prophet.png (6.51 KiB) Viewed 30770 times
and since you'd probably need a female portrait for the unit, here is tweak of the paladin portrait with brighter skin/a bit thinner eyebrows:
still looks like a man, but it's better than using the female mage of light portrait
still looks like a man, but it's better than using the female mage of light portrait
paladin+female.png (275.32 KiB) Viewed 30770 times
EDIT: btw, i'd like both the dark and rogue lords to be added. if you want some khalifate units, you can look in Oath of Allegiance (or even make some of your own)
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Thanks ForestDragon! :D I will add those images to my next version. I think it would be great to add both a Dark Lord, and Rogue Lord but obviously it takes time ;)

EDIT: the female arcane rider is a good idea (but that picture didn't look female enough ;) ) so i gave a try making my own portrait (note that i didn't really do much) tell me what you think :D
Attachments
arcane-female.png
arcane-female.png (262.21 KiB) Viewed 30700 times
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

nice! :D here is my edit with a few small tweaks to the face/helmet-face transition:
arcane-female.png
arcane-female.png (262.26 KiB) Viewed 30744 times
The_Gnat wrote:I think it would be great to add both a Dark Lord, and Rogue Lord but obviously it takes time ;)
well, you can look into my era's files again, i collected quite a lot of units, including undead.outlaws, and even some UMC khalifate units (only one source of them though :P )Thanks ForestDragon! :D I will add those images to my next version.

EDIT: btw, your franken-art is gorgeous! and the new Woodland Enchantress is one of my current favourites :)
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Thanks forest dragon! Also glad u like the new unit sprites personally my favorite is the arch wose and goblin raider! :D

EDIT: looking at the new female knight picture I cant seem to see what youv changed :oops: ??
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

The_Gnat wrote:EDIT: looking at the new female knight picture I cant seem to see what youv changed :oops: ??
well, in the old portrait, the helmet-face transition on the left was a perfect vertical line, i fixed this a bit