The Reign of the Lords

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

The_Gnat

Re: The Reign of the Lords

Post by The_Gnat »

NEW RELEASE 8.2.1

This is a bug fix release. It corrects many animation and stat changes. :D

Code: Select all

(Version 8.2.1) - Drake Noble advancement fixed, Ancient > Arch Wose Shaman advancement fixed, Saurian Auger and Soothsayer advancement fixed in singleplayer, and i have changed the factions so that scouts can not be leaders

I have made a variety of sprite and animation changes:
- Abaddon bottom tail changed
- Master of Darkness sprite redrawn and fully re-animated
- Dwarvish Regal sprites changed (to use centurion from carved in stone)
- Bone Marauder animation fixed
- High Templar and Drake Obliterator have a shadow now
- Adjusted Hellion's wing bone color slightly (i think it still needs to be changed more)
- Collosal Flare's flame color adjusted slightly (it still has clearly two pallets but it is slightly better. The problem is i want a unit that looks like the flame spirit and like the inferno, because i am too lazy to draw  a new inferno sprite)

Thanks to LordLewis many units stats have been fixed:
- Merman Praetor damage increased
- Appocalypse Rider movment decreased to 7
- Crusader, and High Templar movement type changed
- Bolas's that are melee and pierce fixed for the Elvish Hunter line
- Battle Druid and Enchantress's melee damage increased
- Fallen and Reaver's maces changed to impact
- Barrow Rider 92 hp fixed
- Saurian Striker sumberged changed to swamp prowl
- Luminary of Fire hp increased
- Elvish Majestic and Immortal increased to 6 mp
- Elvish Immortal now has another blade attack
- Dragon Bane given a blade attack
- Dwarvish Flamecaster's melee now has afterburn special
- Merman Admiral and Grand Admiral have inspire ability
- Spirit of Flame line has been changed to be archer type
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

It may be a little late to say this but the Drake talon doesn't use his inhale sprite it just comes up with a no texture icon, also the talon-fire-inhale sprite is the same as the Drake talon sprite. Also the prophet of fire has a blade melee attack instead of impact or fire. Is the silver mage suppose to turn into the golden mage as an optional advancement? The luminary of fire should probably have the old normal impact melee attack considering he already has a really powerful fire attack. Is the celestial messenger's melee attack suppose to be weaker than the mage of glory? Or is it a substitute for the really powerful ranged attack and movement points? Also the increase for the scythemaster's scythe attack is very low is it meant to be like that as well? The scythemaster also still has the first strike tag in his description, and apparently scythemaster is two words. The shadow wizard unit doesn't have AMLA so there is no point in XP for this unit. Also I don't just know this is just my computer but the elemental race is currently called Miscellaneous as if in the race of unit isn't working properly. For some reason the maelstrom Drake slam melee attack doesn't have a working stun effect. Also the grand marshal that came with this add-on has 8 hp more than his advancement which is the level 5 supreme commander. Also just saying what is the point in having a female variation of the arcane rider and light rider when the only difference is the portrait, you can't even get a female paladin nor can you buy either of them. Just wonder are you going to add a Khalifate faction as well? I have not seen any level 4 or 5 sprite for them. I should of also said all of this later but I didn't notice it. :| :)
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

:D Thank you for all this feedback, it is a little late but that is fine because i will have to release another update soon anyway so it might as well include all these fixes!
Is the silver mage suppose to turn into the golden mage as an optional advancement?
The golden mage was not unique or interesting and so has been removed until i can either come up with something to make him unique or until he is entirely removed.
s the celestial messenger's melee attack suppose to be weaker than the mage of glory? Or is it a substitute for the really powerful ranged attack and movement points?
That was intentional. The large increase in movement and arcane attack of 22-3 and the heals +12 completely compensate for the loss of melee, But i prefer to not force players into situations like this so i considered creating another alternate lvl 5 unit that it could advance to instead, but currently that is still in the works.
Also the increase for the scythemaster's scythe attack is very low is it meant to be like that as well?
Originally the scythemaster (which really should be two words) had a weapon special that allowed him to attack every unit around him, that has been removed but the damage has not been increased to compensate.
Also just saying what is the point in having a female variation of the arcane rider and light rider when the only difference is the portrait, you can't even get a female paladin nor can you buy either of them.
It is for a campaign unit.
Just wonder are you going to add a Khalifate faction as well?
I have not started the khalifate yet but if you think that it is worth doing i would definitely consider adding them in.
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Just a small(ish) thing but the damned shaman and doomsayer have weird text (please tell me if it's something that's right and I don't know it) "probably through some sort of deal with that place’s dark rulers"-damned shaman, "This creature is as powerful as the greatest of beasts. And the ’small’ flames that this creature creates can engulf a human warrior whole"-doomsayer. There is also a grammatical incorrection it should be "Also the..." not "And the..." Also the advancement line of the Saurian shamans have a black background. Doesn't the Dwarvish hero seem more like an alternative lord advancement rather than a runemaster advancement? :)
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Just a small(ish) thing but the damned shaman and doomsayer have weird text (please tell me if it's something that's right and I don't know it) "probably through some sort of deal with that place’s dark rulers"-damned shaman, "This creature is as powerful as the greatest of beasts. And the ’small’ flames that this creature creates can engulf a human warrior whole"-doomsayer.
Yes that is odd, i will correct it. I believe it was supposed to be single quotation marks but it seems to have been corrupted.
Also the advancement line of the Saurian shamans have a black background.
I am sorry i do not understand? Are you meaning portraits, or sprites?

Doesn't the Dwarvish hero seem more like an alternative lord advancement rather than a runemaster advancement? :)
Oh yeah, he should be! I will fix that! :D
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Yes it was the portrait background. The predator doesn't have an image when he does his whirlwind attack, it just says no image found. Also the executioner's poison attack is melee, the attack image makes it look like it would be thrown, is it suppose to like that? Another thing is there are a few Elvish units without ranged weapons, this is a bit annoying because all the default Elves have ranged attacks, this makes the dextrous trait useless if the pre-advanced unit had it (although there is an alternate advancement). You could possibly give the guardian a crossbow or something. :)
Edit: The Elvish fighter (default) can't turn into the Elvish hunter. Also just in my opinion the Elvish wayfarer is a little op with his abilities.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Yes it was the portrait background. The Elvish fighter (default) can't turn into the Elvish hunter. The predator doesn't have an image when he does his whirlwind attack, it just says no image found.
Okay i will fix those
Also the executioner's poison attack is melee, the attack image makes it look like it would be thrown, is it suppose to like that?
That was on purpose but it might be better to have it ranged, i will decrease it slightly to compensate for that.
Another thing is there are a few Elvish units without ranged weapons, this is a bit annoying because all the default Elves have ranged attacks, this makes the dextrous trait useless if the pre-advanced unit had it (although there is an alternate advancement). You could possibly give the guardian a crossbow or something. :)
Actually i made them not have a ranged attack on purpose. Because most elves have ranged it makes them more unique that way. If i gave him a crossbow then i feel it would be too similar to the Hero/Champion line.

Of course if you think it is under powered, compared to the alternative which has a ranged attack, i can buff him.
Also just in my opinion the Elvish wayfarer is a little op with his abilities.
Yes, now looking at the stats again i believe the entire line (hunter/prowler/wayfarer) is over powered. I will remove ambush and make concealment on for the lvl 4 wayfarer and remove the precision from the bolas and decrease the bolas's damage.
Last edited by The_Gnat on September 9th, 2017, 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vulpine

Post by Vulpine »

I found a bug with the Dwarvish Thunderguard in MP. I have not tested it in singleplayer. When I tried to advance him, the game crashed to the main menu because there was no unit with the id ROLDwarvish Thunderguard or something like that. I had plan your recruits activated, and reloaded my save to try planning his advancement, but there was some sort of lua error. Plan your recruits worked fine with the other units.
One foot in my mouth, and one in the grave; that's the way I like it, and that's the way it'll stay.
[shameless_advertising]
Also the author of Elvish Incursion, a short little prologue.
[/shameless_advertising]
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Thank you Vulpine! Yes unfortunately it seems I have made a mistake in the multiplayer advancement events for that unit. I should upload a new version soon and I will fix that!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

NEW RELEASE VERSION 8.2.2
I have now released the new portrait add-on and a new version of the RoTL with LordLewis's many great new portraits! (he has made about 50! :D ) But please note that i have not tested it as much as i should have :whistle: . There are probably no errors but keep an eye out for them and if you see any please tell me!

@ Vulpine - I was unable to recreate your error with the dwarvish thunderguard... are you still having the problem in the new update?
Vulpine

Post by Vulpine »

A few debugs later and no problem! Not sure why you couldn't recreate the error though... And now that I've downloaded the latest version, I realize I should have checked the version I had at the time... :?
Oh well.

Thanks for the fix!
One foot in my mouth, and one in the grave; that's the way I like it, and that's the way it'll stay.
[shameless_advertising]
[/shameless_advertising]
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Great I am really glad it works! ( :P unfortunately I am notorious for release untested versions so it is Always great to get feedback even if I might have already found the problem)

Also in future releases expect a new Reign of Heroes era which is like the Reign_of_the_Lords but lvl 2 and 3 units instead.

Yes it is similar to AoH but it doesn't have lvl 1 units and like the RoTL it's factions will be sorted by the 8 racial divides I have created.

Also in the to do bucket is a plan to either add more drakes or more outlaws to make the saurian faction not have to be repeated. And I plan on making Khalifate at some point.
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Just saying the sword master doesn't have a portrait or a unit that can advance to him, also he only has 5 mp when it is supposed to be 6 (because his pre-advancement's pre-advancement has 6 mp). Also the wayfarer doesn't have the different portrait and is still a little... op (abilities wise). Also what's happening with the Saurian champion?
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
Vulpine

Post by Vulpine »

The sword master's unit image path is incorrect. Currently it's pointing to the drakes' image folder, but all the images are in the /drakes/sword folder.

I think the drake sword is supposed to advance to the sword master, but where it says

advances_to=Drake Swordmaster
it should instead say

advances_to=ROLDrake Swordmaster
I think.

Also, it does have a portrait, but the image pathways lack the hyphen between sword and master.

The Loyalist faction in MP has a little bug with the velite. When I go to pick my leader the slot that is supposed to have the velite just has a question mark. I checked the faction cfg and the ROLVelite has an extra 'm'.
[shameless_advertising]
[/shameless_advertising]
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Lordlewis wrote:Just saying the sword master doesn't have a portrait or a unit that can advance to him, also he only has 5 mp when it is supposed to be 6 (because his pre-advancement's pre-advancement has 6 mp).
Ooops, yes i seem to have made a few mistakes with the drake sword master, i will fix that. :D
Lordlewis wrote:Also the wayfarer doesn't have the different portrait and is still a little... op (abilities wise). Also what's happening with the Saurian champion?
I added in the saurian champion but ... :whistle: forgot to add in the advancement from the flanker.
Vulpine wrote:Also, it does have a portrait, but the image pathways lack the hyphen between sword and master.

The Loyalist faction in MP has a little bug with the velite. When I go to pick my leader the slot that is supposed to have the velite just has a question mark. I checked the faction cfg and the ROLVelite has an extra 'm'.
Yeah that was my mistake, it is easy to fix though. :D