The Reign of the Lords

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lordlewis

Re: The Reign of the Lords

Post by Lordlewis »

So is the update being worked on or is this kind of the end for this era for now? Also, wouldn't it be cool if the dread bat could advance into a familiar from rise of Wesnoth.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

I am all for empowering bats!

They are fun units. A bit weak but very fast/mobile.
jcrain12

Post by jcrain12 »

I have had a minor issue with the advancement of the HttT Hero units getting bugged by picking up the flaming sword, or advancing past level 3 with it and only having 1 hp and no MP
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Could you send a replay, also what version of Wesnoth are you using. I'm not sure if this add-on is still being updated though, but I'll have a look any ways.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

donkihote wrote: August 9th, 2018, 5:54 pm Hello,
i have an issue with this addon, before i start a campaign first i need enter MP games because, most of the addones arent in the list, but this one nor even appear after that :S. i use the lastes update of wesnoth
Hello! :D Apologies that I have not responded sooner.

Ravana is correct the 'modification' is not meant to be played in the Campaigns and that is why it only works when it has a glitch.

The solution is to download the add-on "Reign of the Lords Default Unit Advancements". This will load the units into all the campaign you play! :lol: There are some problems with the add-on when it is used in certain campaigns (Legend of Wesmere, Legend of the Invincibles, and probably a few others).
specially when some addon what need to be bugged this way are more for SP not for MP, just like this one...
Yes definitely I play this add-on mostly in singleplayer and that was the reason I designed it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
the creators shouldnt limit this just because some have a faith how others have to play...
This is actually not the creators fault but an error I made in my own add-on. The reason it is done this way is because then the units show up in the advancement tree (if you look at the description). It currently is not an ideal solution so I will see if I can think of a way to improve it in the future.

Thank you for your comments!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hello Everyone sorry I have been gone for a while! Unfortunately I still don't expect to have much to time work on this mod but I hope to return with another update at some point! :D

Lordlewis wrote: August 5th, 2018, 9:15 am Is there going to be a new faction in the next update? Like desert elves or something, and will the desert units get added to the campaign.
I definitely would like to have a desert elves (quenoth) faction and only postponed that because of the many changes that were being made to the mainline desert elves. It seems like everything is more complete now so hopefully I can get started on that again when I have more time!

Also the Rulers of Irdya campaign has a few more scenarios in the works and I hope at some point it will have all the factions playing a role in it, but that may be quite some time away. Scenario two was almost complete when I fell prey to real life's deadly grasp. But when I get more time I will definitely release it!
Also, you can't use this era in the legend of Wesmere. Every time a unit advances into a Reign of the Lords unit it will be deleted when the scenario ends. It has something to do with the recruit and recall units for each leader, as the LOW-macros shows what category each elvish unit goes into.
Oh, yeah you are correct. :whistle: sorry about missing that. I will try to think of a way around that problem. And if nothing else is possible I will just release a modded version of LoW for this add-on.
Also, wouldn't it be cool if the dread bat could advance into a familiar from rise of Wesnoth.
That is a good idea :D Bats are great (especially the bat in Heir to the Throne, that has always been one of my favorite!)
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

jcrain12 wrote: September 27th, 2018, 4:08 pm I have had a minor issue with the advancement of the HttT Hero units getting bugged by picking up the flaming sword, or advancing past level 3 with it and only having 1 hp and no MP
That is a problem! Sorry! I will see if I can fix this!
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Cool :D
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

jcrain12 wrote: September 27th, 2018, 4:08 pm I have had a minor issue with the advancement of the HttT Hero units getting bugged by picking up the flaming sword, or advancing past level 3 with it and only having 1 hp and no MP
Unfortunately I was unable to recreate the error. If you could post a replay that would be great!

Also I was wondering, did you have the RoTL modification on? Or were you just using the Default Advancement Add-on?

Hopefully I can fix this error! :D
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

MILESTONE 5000

I have obviously been gone a long time because glancing at my add-on again today it has over 5000 downloads on wesnoth 1.14!! :D

That is really awesome! I hope everyone out there playing it is having lots of fun and hopefully I will get a chance to make a new release some time soon!

I would like to add another faction of Desert Elves (Quenoth) at some point but before that I thought to ask if there are any particular unit requests by anyone? I have already written down to make another advancement for the bat and I plan on adding race variants of the walking corpse lvl 2 and 3 when I can figure out how. :) A bunch of units also could use sprite improvements and the Sycthe Master, Nightgaunt, and Troll Flame Caster have needed an upgrade to level 5 for a long time. I would also like to add some more level 5 units for the outlaws and the elementals so let me know if you have any ideas!

This Drake Obliterator has always been my favorite of the units. What do you like best? 8)

(The add-on is in the top 10 for most downloads on the Wesnoth 1.14 database!! :D :D :D )
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Can you guess what my favorite unit is :D
Also congrats on the milestone. I feel like there are a few units that might need a level 5, such as the abomination, death lord/black crusader, upriser, scythemaster and dune shadower. As well as a level 4 for the desert nobleman. If you need help with sprites and such, I'm here :)
And I think the unit database for this era needs updating.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
ghype

Post by ghype »

There is A LOT open yet imo. I don know how this flow of doing high lv sprites finished, but I am eager to see some one start so we can go on.

The new quenoth for instance all are untouched, except the lv4 i made back then
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Lordlewis wrote: October 26th, 2018, 7:12 am Can you guess what my favorite unit is :D
Also congrats on the milestone.
Thank you! And yes I would guess the Apparition. Speaking of which I would love to get a level 5 advancement for the Apparition if you would be interested in drawing it!! 8)
Lordlewis wrote: October 26th, 2018, 7:12 am I feel like there are a few units that might need a level 5, such as the abomination, death lord/black crusader, upriser, scythemaster and dune shadower. As well as a level 4 for the desert nobleman. If you need help with sprites and such, I'm here :)
And I think the unit database for this era needs updating.
Thank you I will add those to my list! And if you want to start working on any of those that would be fantastic! I would say that they don't all have to be done before the next release but whatever you think would be interesting to draw let me know so I don't draw it as well haha :D

As for the unit database what part needs updating?
ghype wrote: October 26th, 2018, 4:24 pm There is A LOT open yet imo. I don know how this flow of doing high lv sprites finished, but I am eager to see some one start so we can go on.

The new quenoth for instance all are untouched, except the lv4 i made back then
Yes very true. I think that the flow dissipated because I disappeared from the scene for a while. But I am back and eager to get started again! :D

It would be great if you would be interested in starting work on some more sprites as well (Quenoth or other whatever you would like!) 8)
Otdoy

Post by Otdoy »

Hello, I'm playing the most excellent campaign (scenario?) of Rulers of Irdya... am at around turn 54... my objective is to blow the mines... so I move everywhere I can around the mines, but can't seem to trigger anything? Is there a trick to it? Thanks :)
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hi Otdoy, all you should have to do is move to a hex with a image if the mine shift on it. :)

If that doesn't trigger the explosion then perhaps there is a bug somewhere. Could you please attach a save game or replay and I will have a look.

Thank you!