The Reign of the Lords

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

The_Gnat

Re: The Reign of the Lords

Post by The_Gnat »

NEW RELEASE Version 9.0.0
I am happy to announce the 9th faction the Khalifate Lords has now been released! 8)

The new faction has advancements for all the mainline khalifate units, and adds the khalifate to the Reign of The Lords and Reign of Heroes Eras. The new faction includes many awesome new units including the Shanin who has a 96-1 melee attack, also the Altawir, Muhtal, Easifa, Great Falcon, Aariz, Muntasir, Alkabir, Harba, Syd Raydr, Alharb, Alqayid, Mubaraza, Grand Thabt, Amulk Alkhalid, and Winged Sama.

Along with the new faction many images have been improved and the lvl 2 units mainline and new have been price balanced for the Reign of Heroes era. Also the RoTL Portraits add-on has been update with new khalifate portraits.

Many thanks to LordLewis for the massive amount of images he has drawn making this release possible! :D
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Big number isn't it, you're already up to 9.0. Also is anyone aloud to use this add-on for campaigns? I've been thinking about making a campaign (or at least the maps) that includes this add-on. Also why does the Aariz have heal-8 and heal-12, it should just be heal-12 should't it?
Spoiler:
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Thank you, and yes that should be only Heal +12 i will fix that :)

Also Yes, anyone can use this add-on as part of their campaigns! :D If you want you can take any images out and use them (please credit my add-on) or you can add it as a dependency and use this line of code in your campaign to load it:

Code: Select all

extra_defines=LOAD_ROTL_CAMPAIGN_UNITS
This will automatically load all the RoTL units into your campaign (if the add-on is installed) :)
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Okay cool. Also is the rat lord supposed to be that weak? It's cost is the same as the spearman but yet is no where near as strong. For some reason the elementals (on my computer anyways) are written as 'miscellaneous,' another thing, wouldn't it be cool if the forest warden and woodland master have better defenses and less movement cost on terrain such as sand and ice. Wouldn't it be beneficial if the luminary of fire's staff was still an impact attack? Why do a lot of the elementals of so many attacks? For example the water naiad has 5 attacks, the collosusotaurous has 4. Another thing is why does the woodland enchanter also have so many attacks? Some times I think 3 different attacks are the max amount and don't make the unit over powered. The elvish mystical deadeye has both of the ranged attacks as magical, so I don't think it'll be beneficial if it attacks a unit in the water.
Edit: also the normal Drake flare doesn't advance into the Drake noble, and inferno drake doesn't advance into the apocalypse drake from this era.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Lordlewis wrote:Okay cool. Also is the rat lord supposed to be that weak? It's cost is the same as the spearman but yet is no where near as strong.
Thank you for pointing that out, i totally agree it was under powered and will fix that! :)
LordLewis wrote:For some reason the elementals (on my computer anyways) are written as 'miscellaneous,'
I have the same thing but have no idea why, i will look into it and see if i can fix that... :hmm:
LordLewis wrote:another thing, wouldn't it be cool if the forest warden and woodland master have better defenses and less movement cost on terrain such as sand and ice. Wouldn't it be beneficial if the luminary of fire's staff was still an impact attack? Why do a lot of the elementals of so many attacks? For example the water naiad has 5 attacks, the collosusotaurous has 4. Another thing is why does the woodland enchanter also have so many attacks? Some times I think 3 different attacks are the max amount and don't make the unit over powered. The elvish mystical deadeye has both of the ranged attacks as magical, so I don't think it'll be beneficial if it attacks a unit in the water.
Edit: also the normal Drake flare doesn't advance into the Drake noble.
@ Forest Warden defenses - Perhaps but i see him primarily as a forest unit and so i don't know if good sand/ice defense would be appropriate, but i will give him less movement costs on those terrains

@ Luminary of fire staff - good point, and the staff doesn't really look like it is on fire

@ elementals many attacks? - :D Just for the fun of it. It was largely from suggestion by IPS (who was previously working with me on balancing the add-on) and also to make the elemental faction more unique. But if you have any particular unit which you believe is unbalanced i would be happy to change it :)

@ mystical deadeye magic - i will give its pierce bow the marksman ability :)

Also it should be that the inferno advances to the Armageddon which advances to the Appocalypse is this not happening?

Thank you for all the feedback!
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

I meant the inferno drake could advance into the Armageddon into the apocalypse drake. Also have you got any more ideas for factions or are you just sticking to these ones for now? You could just make a monster faction as well that includes the merfolk, naga, rats, spiders, the serpents (and what happen to my special one any ways?)
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

I meant the inferno drake could advance into the Armageddon into the apocalypse drake
Perhaps something is lost in translation... what is wrong with that?
Also have you got any more ideas for factions or are you just sticking to these ones for now?
I think i will stick to the current 9 factions but if i do add more they will probably be: Quenoth Desert Elves (when the new UTBS is released) or advancements for some UMC era. For example War of Legends Aragwaithi or Dark Legion. But before that i probably would like to go through all the campaigns and make advancements for their heroes.

But until then i can take the merman and add some to each faction so that all the factions have a water unit. (like in the default era)
(and what happen to my special one any ways?)
Do you mean the mermaid lich, that is in the game but just not recruit able, but you can advance to it from the mermaid enchantress.

EDIT: but before anything else i need to write descriptions for all the new khalifate units, would you be intereseted in helping?
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Sure I'm fine with writing descriptions, I was going to add that to the list of bugs but I though that may have been unfinished. Also the monster unit that I was talking about was the special sea serpent unit.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Just a few things that may need changing, the light rider has a few visuals bugs such as when it heals it has no image or 'no image available.' Also I was thinking that the light rider should probably have the same defenses and MP as the celestial messenger, I don't think a flying unit such the messenger should have 40% defense in caves and 50% on fungi. Also is the caster supposed to have the same defenses as the footpad and such? Another thing is I thing the dragon rider should probably have the same or similar resistances to the fire dragon. Also isn't 12MP and 13MP on the arch and thunder gryphon a little too much? Maybe also the same for the celestial messenger since it's pre-advancements wasn't supposed to be scouts. Aren't there only 3 level 5 orcs (4 if you count trolls) as well? The goblin polearm's ranged attack shows it going towards the enemy as if it was a melee attack. Also would it be probably be more beneficial if the cunning man/woman and advancement's curse could be an arcane attack since the caster already has a cold attack and it would balance out the ghosts a bit since there is only 1 unit in that faction with a arcane attack (and it wouldn't be that over powered since the weapon special doesn't work with undead units).
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Thank you for your feedback, yes i agree with all your ideas i will make those changes when i get time :D
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

MILESTONE 3000

Unfortunately i have been extremely busy and absent over the past weeks, but it is great to see my add-on has reached 3000 downloads (just on 1.12). Even though i have had little time i still love wesnoth and hope that at some point i will have time to come back and release another update for this add-on. (and port it to 1.14 when that comes out)

Thanks go out to all the people who have helped with this add-on, most significantly LordLewis who has contributed hundreds of images and portraits! :D
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

New Release for Wesnoth 1.14.0

Despite continued business i have found some time today to quickly put together a release of the add-on for the 1.14 add-ons sever. It is up there now and ready to download!! It is great that the developers have done so much and nearly got 1.14 ready to go they have really done a impressive job and I love the new UI and everything about the new release! :D

This new version also changes the names of all the Khalifate units to the Dunefolk faction of 1.14. The new names are:

Guru (Aariz), Confronter (Alqayid), Challenger (Alharb), Destroyer (Alkabir), Grand Sultan (Almulk Alkhalid), Shadower (Altawir), Blazer (Easifa), Guardian (Grand Thabt), Annihilator (Harba), Oppressor (Mubaraza), Stalker (Muhtal), Elder (Muntasir), Airist (Sama), Conqueror (Shanin), Maven (Syd Raydr), Great Falcon
The_Gnat

The Reign of the Lords 9.2.0

Post by The_Gnat »

New Release 9.2.0

Thanks to the awesome help of LordLewis and ghype the next version of the Reign of the Lords has now been released!

This new release most importantly features advancements for many campaign units. Now Konrad, Lisar, Delfador, Owec, and many others can advance to lvl 4 and 5! Here is a preview of a few of the unit lines:
units.png
To play with these awesome new units just download the Reign of The Lords add-on and the Reign of the Lords Default Unit Advancement add-on to make them load in singleplayer! A full list of the new units is:

Noble Legend, Masjetic, Exalted, Regal Monarch, High Princess, Arch Princess, Equestrian Supreme, Grand Horsemarshal, Infantry Master, Horse Conqueror, Wesfolk Elite, Twilight Ancient, Merman Bountier, and Merman High King. And new Dunefolk Nobleman, Dunefolk Grand Protector, Dunefolk Great Flame

(if you spot any bugs please report them!)
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Nice, but is it out on the 1.13 add-on server yet? It stills says version 9.0.0 on the online version of the add-on server...
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
ghype

Post by ghype »

the konrad line turned out very nice