The Reign of the Lords

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

eduardomera

Re: The Reign of the Lords

Post by eduardomera »

Hello, first I congratulate you on your excellent work.
I have a question for when The Kingdom of the Lords will be compatible with version 1.15, and if there is a possibility to install the plug-in manually I would be grateful if you could explain how to install it
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hello I'm still around! I have no time to do anything but I'd like to put up the add-on for 1.15 at somepoint. To be honest anyone keen to maintain the add-on is welcome to PM me.

eduardomera wrote: June 19th, 2020, 8:58 pm Hello, first I congratulate you on your excellent work.
I have a question for when The Kingdom of the Lords will be compatible with version 1.15, and if there is a possibility to install the plug-in manually I would be grateful if you could explain how to install it
Thank you very much :) yes you can just copy the folder out My Games/Wesnoth 1.14/data/add-ons/Reign_of_the_lords to the same place in My Games/Wesnoth 1.15/ if your on windows. It should run no issues :) but I will try to port it soon! :D
FortTell

Post by FortTell »

I was playing with the SP modification for extra avdancements and noticed that the mod's Iron Mauler's physical resistances are different from vanilla's.
Currently using: Wesnoth 1.14.14, RoTL 9.2.6
Mainline Iron Mauler: 50% blade/10% impact/40% pierce
RoTL Iron Mauler: 40% blade/20% impact/30% pierce

Bug or working as intended?
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

FortTell wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 6:58 pm I was playing with the SP modification for extra avdancements and noticed that the mod's Iron Mauler's physical resistances are different from vanilla's.
Currently using: Wesnoth 1.14.14, RoTL 9.2.6
Mainline Iron Mauler: 50% blade/10% impact/40% pierce
RoTL Iron Mauler: 40% blade/20% impact/30% pierce

Bug or working as intended?
Good question! I don't believe I modified them on purpose so I am going to guess that is a mistake? Does the RoTL line have consistency in its resistances?
FortTell

Post by FortTell »

The_Gnat wrote: October 9th, 2020, 12:29 am Good question! I don't believe I modified them on purpose so I am going to guess that is a mistake? Does the RoTL line have consistency in its resistances?
Sorry it took me so long to answer, have not been visiting the forum lately.
The resistances look like this:

level - unit - blade/impact/pierce
1 - (both) Heavy Infantryman: 50/10/40
2 - (both) Shock Trooper: 50/10/40
3 - (vanilla) Iron Mauler: 50/10/40
3 - (mod) Siege Trooper: 40/20/30
4 - (mod, sidegrade) Iron Mauler: 30/15/10 + steadfast
4 - (mod, main upgrade) Phalanx Trooper: 45/20/35
5 - (mod, main upgrade) Decimation Trooper: 60/30/50

So the vanilla units consistently have 50/10/40, while the mod units' values are not in sync with it.
(And my previous post was comparing both lv3 units rather than both Iron Maulers, just in case)
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

FortTell wrote: November 12th, 2020, 6:50 pm
The_Gnat wrote: October 9th, 2020, 12:29 am Good question! I don't believe I modified them on purpose so I am going to guess that is a mistake? Does the RoTL line have consistency in its resistances?
Sorry it took me so long to answer, have not been visiting the forum lately.
The resistances look like this:

level - unit - blade/impact/pierce
1 - (both) Heavy Infantryman: 50/10/40
2 - (both) Shock Trooper: 50/10/40
3 - (vanilla) Iron Mauler: 50/10/40
3 - (mod) Siege Trooper: 40/20/30
4 - (mod, sidegrade) Iron Mauler: 30/15/10 + steadfast
4 - (mod, main upgrade) Phalanx Trooper: 45/20/35
5 - (mod, main upgrade) Decimation Trooper: 60/30/50

So the vanilla units consistently have 50/10/40, while the mod units' values are not in sync with it.
(And my previous post was comparing both lv3 units rather than both Iron Maulers, just in case)
Okay thanks! :) That is very helpful! I do think that is an issue and will make a TODO for the next update!

Would you think a 50/10/40 for the Siege Trooper and Iron Mauler and then incremented by +5% for the Phalanx and Decimation?
FortTell

Post by FortTell »

The_Gnat wrote: November 19th, 2020, 10:20 pm Okay thanks! :) That is very helpful! I do think that is an issue and will make a TODO for the next update!

Would you think a 50/10/40 for the Siege Trooper and Iron Mauler and then incremented by +5% for the Phalanx and Decimation?
Modded Iron Mauler has a very different set of resistances (including a +5% resistance against cold, unlike the main unit line's (both vanilla and modded) -10%, but -15% against fire), and is a sidegrade anyway, so who knows?

Keeping the Siege Trooper at 50/10/40 makes sense, as there is no indication why his defensive capabilities would shift to 40/20/30 on upgrade.
As for the balancing of Phalanx/Decimation Troopers, I have not had the chance to play with them yet - I just got my lv3 and his resistances were strange, so I cheated some levelups to check the new units' stats. And none of my other units are lv4/5 yet, so I have no idea what they are balanced against.
eduardomera

Post by eduardomera »

Error The Reign of the Lords // Wesnoth1.15
El siguiente complemento contiene errores y no se ha podido cargar:
C:\Users\Mera-Alvario\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.15/data/add-ons/Reign_of_the_Lords/_main.cfg

Por favor, informe sobre esto al autor o mantenedor de este complemento.

Detalles:

Macro/file 'MAGENTA_IS_THE_TEAM_COLOR' is missing
at ~add-ons/Reign_of_the_Lords/factions/loyalists-rol.cfg:6
included from ~add-ons/Reign_of_the_Lords/utils/eras.cfg:9
included from ~add-ons/Reign_of_the_Lords/_main.cfg:45
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

eduardomera wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 7:20 pm Error The Reign of the Lords // Wesnoth1.15
El siguiente complemento contiene errores y no se ha podido cargar:
C:\Users\Mera-Alvario\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.15/data/add-ons/Reign_of_the_Lords/_main.cfg

Por favor, informe sobre esto al autor o mantenedor de este complemento.

Detalles:

Macro/file 'MAGENTA_IS_THE_TEAM_COLOR' is missing
at ~add-ons/Reign_of_the_Lords/factions/loyalists-rol.cfg:6
included from ~add-ons/Reign_of_the_Lords/utils/eras.cfg:9
included from ~add-ons/Reign_of_the_Lords/_main.cfg:45
Thank you eduardomera. I have not yet released the Reign of the Lords for wesnoth 1.15. (Did you transfer this yourself?)

I will try and put out a 1.15 release very soon!! :D
Verbatov

Post by Verbatov »

Hi :) I haven't written for a long time but it doesn't mean I haven't played. I hope you are doing well with the current situation and can continue to make corrections. I noticed a few things to improve.
At the beginning I would take the most bland and colorless character that is Brigand. I suggest that you change it as follows.
I would change the development path on Plunderer like this:
- I would remove the bow because it doesn't fit this unit
- I would add a charge to the lance
- I would add a fourth level of this unit and increase the number of attacks to three and increase the armor by 10% in addition to the stinging
- you can also increase number of moves by 1 on the 4th level
Development Path on Renegade Horseman:
- I would reduce the spear attack to 12 and add poison, at level 4 I would increase the attack to 14
- I would also add a spear throw 12x1 and 14x1 respectively also with poison
What do you think? Maybe you would add something else? Something must be done with this unit because it is bad.
Another unit that I would change is the dune guard. It cannot be that one development path is much better than the other. I mean the desert swordsman.
I would change:
- increased armor by 10%
- from level 3, apart from the first blow, I would add a marksman
- on level 4 I would increase the attack to 17
- I would add level 5 and increase attack 17x4

I would also add a regeneration skill for all lizards from level 3. This would make these weak units more profitable.

What do you think? :)
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hi Verbatov! :D

Glad your still enjoying the add-on! :)

I am currently working on releasing it for 1.15 (which requires a lot of changes to the dune folk faction).

You're suggestions sound good! Give me a few days to finish the changes to the Dune Folk (and scroll back through this forum to see anything else I have not yet done) and I will have a look at your ideas!

(Also for the brigand I kind of liked having a spear unit that didn't have charge, because so many others do. What do you think?)

EDIT: Also I put out a new update for 1.14 patching the Guardian > Grand Protector's advancement error (I think I might actually include future changes to the units in 1.15, I always hesitate to make large changes to units I know people are using at the time in case it causes errors or even worse in case they advance and realize the unit has changed, haha)
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Reign of the Lords is up on 1.15 Add-on Server!
If someone could just test it briefly that'd be great. Also check out the Dunefolk changes here.
Verbatov

Post by Verbatov »

You are right, charge has too many units, but it could use some additional skill that would make the unit better. Poison, first strike, precision? There may be a good passive skill, for example forest cover, ambush, higher armor for cold, etc. I also thought not to divide this unit into two lines of advance, just make one. What do you think?
As I played recently, I noticed that elvish battle druid is relatively weak compared to the second promotion path. You could make it better.

I also have a request. Check the forum more often ;)
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Verbatov wrote: February 13th, 2021, 12:19 am You are right, charge has too many units, but it could use some additional skill that would make the unit better. Poison, first strike, precision? There may be a good passive skill, for example forest cover, ambush, higher armor for cold, etc. I also thought not to divide this unit into two lines of advance, just make one. What do you think?
That sounds like a good idea. Okay I will try and rework it today and let you know what I get.
As I played recently, I noticed that elvish battle druid is relatively weak compared to the second promotion path. You could make it better.
I was actually considering removing the battle druid. It feels a bit redundant and wasn't ever very thought through. I actually just made a it for a campaign and then added it in. Do you think it would be best scrapped?
I also have a request. Check the forum more often ;)
:D ;) :D

NOTE/ UPDATE: Also just put out a update to the 1.14 version that removes duplicate entries in the wiki encyclopedia help menu. Now there should be only 1 of every unit. If the add-on is installed the unit will have all the advancement paths (even though only if the modification is active you can advance fully). Thoughts? Is this an improvement? The problem is that now your base units (ex. playing the default era, have no listing of their advancements when you press "d" for a description).
Verbatov

Post by Verbatov »

I will write what can be changed and improved, but I would have a better overview if I had an up-to-date list of units and skills. I only look at the units in the game and it makes me not have a good view. Would you be able to send me such a list?