The Reign of the Lords

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Beniowski

Re: The Reign of the Lords

Post by Beniowski »

Verbatov wrote: February 24th, 2020, 10:15 pm the amount of XP you can set in the game options ;)
Sure, but that would adjust also my partner's XP requirements, which doesn't actually do the job.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Verbatov wrote: February 21st, 2020, 11:22 pm Great job :) . You could still add defense to all Dundefolk units defended 60% in the oasis.
Thank you! I appreciate that!

Is Oasis a terrain type?
Could you explain what it is because it's difficult to translate? - "updated nature divine unit sprite"
Haha, that means new picture for the unit Nature Divine :)
As I said before, you can also add "hiding in the forest and city" for units and for the next levels Assassin, Fugitive, Huntsman and Ranger you could still give "invisibility at night". What do you think?
Ooo, maybe that would make them OP? \
Beniowski wrote: February 22nd, 2020, 2:08 pm I welcome the changes, however IMO Northeners are still under-performing(UP) and need some buff.
Hi! Thanks for the comments!

Okay yeah happy to reduce the XP :) just orcs are known to be dumber so ;)
Lordlewis wrote: February 24th, 2020, 9:54 am after playing a lot of this faction, I don't think it needs too many fixes.
:)
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

The Oasis is not a terrain type, it will be sand and whatever it is on-top of (e.g. Oasis on hills will be sand + hills). Sort of like mushroom groves but not a unique terrain type...
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
Verbatov

Post by Verbatov »

Ok, I was mistaken for an oasis.
Ooo, maybe that would make them OP?
Maybe I overdid it a bit but hiding in the city can be added to them.

There was a little confusion again. Could you write what changes you have made and what changes are you going to make? :)
Verbatov

Post by Verbatov »

I see that the big plans are over. It is a pity because this mod has great potential.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hi Verbatov, unfortunately some global crisis issues have delayed work on the mod currently. As I am sure you can understand there are things of higher priority than wesnoth haha.

I'd like to think that the big plans are not over, but unfortunately I am conscious of my more pressing priorities in the future.

As for the most recent changes:

9.2.5 -
- Orion and Nemesis now have Nightstalk
- Forest Warden and Woodland Master now have Ambush
- Upriser now has Concealment (in villages)
- Predator and Eliminator have Nightstalk
9.2.6 -
- improved Drake Imperial attack 1x28 charges (remove devoted)
- weakening the Prince Of Darkness and Elvish Hierophant
- increased sand defense of the higher units of the Dunefolk
- Stalker line added descriptions and increased sand,forest,fungus defense
- (Maven, Destroyer, Oppressor, Sultan, Guardian, Confronter, Challenger) added description, increased sand defense
- updated nature divine unit sprite
9.2.7 - (STILL TODO)
- Renamed Renegade Horseman -> Renegade Rider
- Reworking the Dune Alchemist line
- Add ranged attack to Brigand, improve Cunningman
wolfsilver00

Post by wolfsilver00 »

For some reason with the mod on there is 2 entries on some units, for example, the elvish marksman in the encyclopedia.. Any idea why? And.. Sorry but I didnt understand completely. There is 2 mods in the add-on manager for reign of the lords, the one called reign of the lords and the one called reign of the Lords portraits. With those 2 I already have (when going to create a multiplayer game) the switch to have the advancements in default units, so I'm confused about the part you talked about first, about uninstalling it for custom campaigns? Do I have to uninstall the main mod? or is that outdated info?
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

wolfsilver00 wrote: April 6th, 2020, 9:37 am There is 2 mods in the add-on manager for reign of the lords, the one called reign of the lords and the one called reign of the Lords portraits. With those 2 I already have (when going to create a multiplayer game) the switch to have the advancements in default units, so I'm confused about the part you talked about first, about uninstalling it for custom campaigns? Do I have to uninstall the main mod? or is that outdated info?
Basically there's now two RoTL add-ons:
  • Reign of the Lords (the main add-on)
  • Reign of the Lords Portraits (only contains some nice pictures of the new units)
You don't need the portraits. The add-on is complete without them :)

In fact, in regards to your question. The info is outdated for people who used to use the Reign of the Lords Default Unit Advancement mod before. The ONLY add-on you need now is Reign of the Lords nothing else is needed. If you don't have any "default unit advancement" mod installed then you should be fine :)

If anything is not working feel free to ask more questions! Happy to help :)
For some reason with the mod on there is 2 entries on some units, for example, the elvish marksman in the encyclopedia.. Any idea why? And.. Sorry but I didnt understand completely.
In regards to the double entries. This is because I have had to make duplicates of a number of units in order to allow them to advance properly to the next level. The original units will usually have lower XP and do not advance. The new units from the RoTL add-on have higher XP, some other balance changes and advance to level 4 and 5 units as well :)
ItsDaKoolaidDude

Post by ItsDaKoolaidDude »

Hey I seem to notice a repeating auto replacement error where in the unit descriptions a lot of times the three letters "rol" end up coming across as "ROL".
I ran this across in the Wesnoth Discord and had an answer within the quote "it might indicate that for some reason, probably for units' ids, era's author used auto replacement throughout the code of "rol" to "ROL". But he forgot that units' descriptions would be also affected which we actually see"

I figured it was something you'd like to be aware of.
You spent the entire game, going in circles! It's like the equivalent of Homer Simpson doing cartwheels on the kitchen floor, and you still won?! -Johnny (BSC)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

'The Rulers of Irdya' now has a replay topic.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

ItsDaKoolaidDude wrote: April 18th, 2020, 10:54 pm Hey I seem to notice a repeating auto replacement error where in the unit descriptions a lot of times the three letters "rol" end up coming across as "ROL".
I ran this across in the Wesnoth Discord and had an answer within the quote "it might indicate that for some reason, probably for units' ids, era's author used auto replacement throughout the code of "rol" to "ROL". But he forgot that units' descriptions would be also affected which we actually see"

I figured it was something you'd like to be aware of.
Hi ItsDaKoolaidDude! Thank you for noticing that! I did indeed use an auto-replacement function :mrgreen: I will try to fix that in the next update! :)
Konrad2 wrote: April 19th, 2020, 7:05 pm 'The Rulers of Irdya' now has a replay topic.
Awesome Kondrad2! :)
Beniowski

Post by Beniowski »

Hey, I just discovered a bug, and confirmed it. Dune Guardian is not the last possible level of the unit. It can advance to a unit called 'Great Protector'. However, when it does have enough xp, it produces an error. So I understand, there was a unit like that in plans, but you decided not to put it there, but you forgot to make lvl4 as the final one. I don't know, if this has been reported before, but, anyway, I hope it is going to be fixed.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hey Beniowski! Thank you for the message I will fix that in the next day or two and upload a patch! :) :)
atethebones333

Post by atethebones333 »

First post, love the addon and want to experience all of the factions through single player campaigns. I've done the mainline campaigns and am wondering what would be some good sp campaigns to use with your addon, especially for drakes, wizards/elementals, and dunefolk. Does anyone have good recommendations?

Also I hope you do get to keep working on this and finish your campaign, looking forward to it 😀
XIStrawIX

Post by XIStrawIX »

So i have tried Reign of theLords out in Multiplayer so far one of the best unit addons ive seen but there are a few bugs regarding units crashing the game and maybe an unwanted unit recruitment.
so a lvl 5 unit from the dunefolk crashes the lobby if its spawned and it wont show up in the selection for leaders (its the spearman) and theres a lvl 4 unit recruitable at the dunefolk (dont know if its wanted or not).
But overall great mod keep up the good stuff!