The Reign of the Lords

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

The_Gnat

Re: The Reign of the Lords

Post by The_Gnat »

Verbatov wrote: February 1st, 2020, 3:26 pm I think the Khalifate is doing quite well. They have good and cheap healers compared to other nations. If you add 60% desert defense it will be even better balanced. As for pharmacists, you could add a "bomb throw" ranged attack for levels 3 and 4 of 1x12 and 1x16.
Okay good to hear your feedback! :) I think a bomb throw, or potion throw attack would be a good idea!

For all the units that makes sense I will add better desert defense. (so pretty much everyone)
In my opinion, the weakest nation is outcasts. Many units gain strength only at later levels, and this does not fix all weaknesses.
True. I agree with that. They do have some good ones, like Thug line though. But they are mainly only good against Undead.
I associate outcasts with people in hiding who attack from an ambush. You could add "hiding in the woods and city" for Rogue, Outlaw and Trapper units. For the next levels Assassin, Fugitive, Huntsman and Ranger you could still give "invisibility at night".
That is a good idea to add more sneak attack ability. I think for proper balance they might need another good unit to fill the gap. Do you think there are any gaps that a certain type of unit could improve?
For Brigand you could give a longbow attack. For Cunningman, you could give treatment + 8hp. I think that these efforts would make this nation much more attractive.
Good idea!
And as I said, you could improve the lizards a little bit ;)
I think the Lizards are mostly weak units. I don't want to change their design too much but definitely could try working on some drawings to add more advancements. Potentially alternate path for Skirmisher?
Verbatov

Post by Verbatov »

I think if you make the changes I talked about, it will be good. Adding more units can spoil the game. If you want you can expand some units up to level 5.

Level 5 units must also have moderate strength because it is easy to overdo it. Here we come to the issue of the Drake Imperial unit. I tested it and it's a turbo OP. Charge and devoted which gives 80% chance of 96 damage is very a lot. I would suggest removing devoted and reducing damage to 16.

If the lizards were supposed to be weak, it's ok. You can only add mating in forests or in swamps, if they are weak, let them hide at least well :D

And what is the planned date of these changes? :D
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Verbatov wrote: February 2nd, 2020, 10:25 pm I think if you make the changes I talked about, it will be good. Adding more units can spoil the game. If you want you can expand some units up to level 5.
Yes good point. If I have time I might try drawing some more.
Level 5 units must also have moderate strength because it is easy to overdo it. Here we come to the issue of the Drake Imperial unit. I tested it and it's a turbo OP. Charge and devoted which gives 80% chance of 96 damage is very a lot. I would suggest removing devoted and reducing damage to 16.
Thanks for noticing I will reduce it! What about 24-1 charge devoted? That way it has a high chance of hitting 48dmg. Not OP because alot less than its other attacks but now good for single strike kills?
If the lizards were supposed to be weak, it's ok. You can only add mating in forests or in swamps, if they are weak, let them hide at least well :D

And what is the planned date of these changes? :D
I'll consider that! They do have superior maneuverability and most skirmisher units or healer units are weak anyway so it might not be necessary.

Probably in the next week or two. :)
Verbatov

Post by Verbatov »

Such a large and heavy dragon does not match an attack with a 80% chance of hitting. I think you could increase charge attack up to 28-1 damage without devoted. Then he would have a chance to deal 56 damage. I think that such an attack would be good, not too strong and not too weak.

Do you write down the changes we are talking about? If you are lost, I can make a list for you. I think that instead of making one big patch, you could make small corrections. Thanks to this, it would not be dragged on in time. What do you think about it? :)
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Verbatov wrote: February 9th, 2020, 10:31 pm Such a large and heavy dragon does not match an attack with a 80% chance of hitting. I think you could increase charge attack up to 28-1 damage without devoted. Then he would have a chance to deal 56 damage. I think that such an attack would be good, not too strong and not too weak.
Good idea! :)
Do you write down the changes we are talking about? If you are lost, I can make a list for you. I think that instead of making one big patch, you could make small corrections. Thanks to this, it would not be dragged on in time. What do you think about it? :)
:mrgreen: If you wouldn't mind a list would be great! Haha, I agree small patches would be good. After this update I will try and do that from now on.

I just have so many other things going right-now, sorry I have not been better at updating this add-on. It is nice to have people really interested in my add-on though! Thank you!

I am also meaning to put up for 1.15 as well at some point. The 1.15 installer is sitting in my downloads folder ^_^
Verbatov

Post by Verbatov »

Okay, let's sort it all out because I'm a little lost.
I understand that you fixed these errors in patch 9.2.4?
- "feeding greater" skill
- Bone pirate and bone marauder prices because they were the same
- Altawir who was promoted there was an error "could not find the unit begin advance to: rol great flame"
- you have added two units to the dragons

What did you add in patch 9.2.5?

I will start with patch 9.2.6
- improved Drake Imperial attack 1x28 charges (remove devoted)
- Weakening of The Prince Of Darkness (draining of life) and Elvish Hierophant (decrease of speed by 1 and decrease of magic attack from 14x5 to 12x5)

- increased defense of the higher units of the Khalifate, cavalry and infantry units
- adding a ranged attack for pharmacists, you could add a "bomb throw" ranged attack for levels 3 and 4 of 1x12 and 1x16

„In my opinion, the weakest nation is outcasts. Many units gain strength only at later levels, and this does not fix all weaknesses. I associate outcasts with people in hiding who attack from an ambush. You could add "hiding in the woods and city" for Rogue, Outlaw and Trapper units. For the next levels Assassin, Fugitive, Huntsman and Ranger you could still give "invisibility at night". For Brigand you could give a longbow attack. For Cunningman, you could give treatment + 8hp. I think that these efforts would make this nation much more attractive.”

I understand that you have little time, I hope this list will help you at work :)
It would be nice if you introduced the changes from patch 9.2.6 as soon as possible, because they ruin the game the most. The rest of the patches can wait.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Verbatov wrote: February 15th, 2020, 4:42 pm Okay, let's sort it all out because I'm a little lost.
Awesome!! ^_^ ^_^ Thank you so much!

So yes that looks about right. I will now release 9.2.6:

- improved Drake Imperial attack 1x28 charges (remove devoted)
- weakening the Prince Of Darkness and Elvish Hierophant
- increased sand defense of the higher units of the Dunefolk
- Stalker line added descriptions and increased sand,forest,fungus defense
- (Maven, Destroyer, Oppressor, Sultan, Guardian, Confronter, Challenger) added description, increased sand defense
- updated nature divine unit sprite

P.S. ->

I don't actually remember what happened with 9.2.5 so evidently I need to keep a changelog haha.

I am pretty sure this is what has changed in 9.2.5:

- Orion and Nemesis now have Nightstalk
- Forest Warden and Woodland Master now have Ambush
- Upriser now has Concealment (in villages)
- Predator and Eliminator have Nightstalk

(I still need to make a few other changes to the outlaws though including adding descriptions for some)
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Renegade Horseman rides a Deer... is that supposed to be like that?
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Lordlewis wrote: February 16th, 2020, 2:55 am Renegade Horseman rides a Deer... is that supposed to be like that?
Haha yep ;) though maybe his name should be changed ^_^ but Deerman doesn't sound very good.
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Could just be renegade rider, can't really think of anything else that would make sense though.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Lordlewis wrote: February 16th, 2020, 10:07 am Could just be renegade rider, can't really think of anything else that would make sense though.
Good idea!

TODO for 9.2.7:

- Renamed Renegade Horseman -> Renegade Rider
- Reworking the Dune Alchemist line
- Add ranged attack to Brigand, improve Cunningman
Verbatov

Post by Verbatov »

I'm sorry I didn't write earlier but I didn't have much time. Great job ;)

You could still add defense to all Dundefolk units defended 60% in the oasis.

Could you explain what it is because it's difficult to translate? - "updated nature divine unit sprite"

As I said before, you can also add "hiding in the forest and city" for units and for the next levels Assassin, Fugitive, Huntsman and Ranger you could still give "invisibility at night". What do you think?
Beniowski

Post by Beniowski »

Hello,
First of all, I am so glad that you removed devoted from drake imperial.
I welcome the changes, however IMO Northeners are still under-performing(UP) and need some buff. I don't have any specific ideas, but I wouldn't mind (for example) reducing xp requirements for lvls 4-5.

Regards
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

I don't think XP is the only issue, it would be nice if some of them were round down a little more to 225 instead of 250. But you've got to remember, Orcs in this era aren't exactly about brute force like they were sort of like originally. They have a quite a few units with unique abilities, like the Orcish Night Purger and the Orcish Exterminator. In my opinion, after playing a lot of this faction, I don't think it needs too many fixes.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
Verbatov

Post by Verbatov »

the amount of XP you can set in the game options ;)