Lasoreth Era (2 Factions + Default Concept)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sire

Lasoreth Era (2 Factions + Default Concept)

Post by Sire »

I decided to post the concepts and details of my two custom factions "Nether Forces" and "Nether Prime", here on the forums to compile feedback. Please note that I do not have access to an actual artist to make proper sprites, so these concepts are likely to remain concepts for the immediate future.

These two factions are meant to be showcased in my "Lasoreth Saga" series of campaigns, which primarily uses mainline units and factions. As such, "Nether Forces" and "Nether Prime" are meant to be somewhat balanced against the default factions, but tuned up being an "Enemy-Only" faction.

Edit: Well, I'm done formatting. Feel free to comment and discuss!
Last edited by Sire on June 6th, 2016, 2:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Current Projects: [Sire's Scenarios] || [Red Winter Reborn]
Sire

Re: Lasoreth Era (2 Factions + Default Concept)

Post by Sire »

Description: The Nether Forces represent the mortal "coverts" who follow Lasoreth, the Nether Goddess. Thematically, they represent the stereotypical sacrificial cult, fielding Zealots, Cultists, and Priests alongside proper beings from the Nether such as Nether Observers and Nether Shades. Gameplay wise, they have variety of different units to choose from and tend to be more expensive than other factions due to their power.

Alignment: All units are Neutral, save for the Nether Observer and Nether Shade lines, which are Liminal.
Traits: The initial release will follow normal Wesnoth standards for traits, and "Nether Forces" will be represented by Humans. However, I have a crazy idea for a custom trait and variant system, please click on its heading for more details.
Detailed, Insane Trait Idea:
Nether Forces - Unit List:
Detailed Stats - In Development:
Concerns:
Last edited by Sire on June 6th, 2016, 2:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sire

Post by Sire »

Description: The Nether Prime faction serve as the actual beings from the Nether itself. Thematically, they represent a combination of both demon and natural elements, which is meant to showcase a "corrupt Faerie" side. Gameplay wise, Nether Prime can be considered broken due to its reliance on high HP and combination of various specials, as well as abusing how Damage Resistance works with their two main units, Avatars and Manifestations.

Alignment: All units are Liminal, as Nether Prime units are unaccustomed to fighting in the world of Wesnoth.
Traits: Nether Prime units receive no traits. However, they are share having high HP, 0 in all resistances, and having magic attacks.
Nether Prime - Unit List:
Detailed Stats - In Development:
Concerns:
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

cool idea! and about art, you can recolor some units from Chaos Empire (aka IftU) and about nude units, maybe use recolored IftU faeries
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic