The Golden Age

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
ForestDragon
Posts: 1518
Joined: March 6th, 2014, 1:32 pm

Re: The Golden Age

Post by ForestDragon »

Aldarisvet wrote:How about saving some old cool goblin sprites by adding them to your Era?

There are two main sources of goodmainline quality goblin sprites.
The one is Swampings and the other is 1.8 Promised Land campaign. Also there separately exists full mounted spearmen goblin line.
Now I took a look in your era, you used Swamplings, so Rouser line can advance to lvl2 and then lvl3.
well. yeah
Aldarisvet wrote:But look at Promised Land campaign. There is animated goblin javelineer that can be lvl2 for the Impaler.
ok, i guess i can use him
Aldarisvet wrote:Also there are goblin archers, level0 called hunter, level1 called shooter. And even a cool portrait for them.
well, i already have south orc goblin archers that specialise on fire arrows, but ok, i might take a look
Aldarisvet wrote:Also there are level0 torcher and level1 raider.
i'll see
Aldarisvet wrote:There are also bladesman, champion and hero and sage (the last one called Jinx at Swamplings).
interesting
Aldarisvet wrote:Also (not in Promised Land files) there exists full goblin mounted spearman lvl1-lvl3 line (I forgot where I saw it, somewhere in 1.12 or 1.10, in many places), probably you saw it already, and the portrait of goblin spearman can be taken from Promised Land.
well, the sprites are for example in war of legends, ok, i'll keep it in mind
Aldarisvet wrote:And about you experiments with gobo caravan/transport, sorry I dont like them. Sometimes authors of eras pass to excessiveness with their fantasies. At least you should use bigger, level3 wolf for the transport, not level1, how ordinary wolf can bear 3 goblins? Same with caravan, just putting a tent over the wolf's back you will not make it a caravan. You need a wagon for the caravan because wolf's back is not a warehouse.
well, yeah, i'll keep it in mind, well, i guess i'll make the lvl1 transport at least with lvl2 wolf (lvl3 is way too much though).and about caravan, i guess a wagon with a few wolves instead of horses will be fine :)
Aldarisvet wrote:Also I do not like that goblin king (it is not your work I hope) because it is also an obvious example of surfeit. Come on, warbanner, net and enourmous spear, that all together is out of sense and looks bad in general. Such excessiveness is not of mainline style.
can't say i really like him either, plus he doesn't even fit the Swamplings' trumpeter/prime style, i guess i'll remove him, maybe
Aldarisvet wrote:Also in your place I would remove Southern Orcs faction completely. Units from there looks too close to ordinary goblins or level0 orc or just bad looking (obviously unsuccessful frankens of old Wesnoth sprites).
you mean Orcish Brute line? then yeah, they are pretty bad looking, and in mp, i don't even use them at all. probably will remove them
My active add-ons: [WIP] Ogres Era
My inactive add-ons: Tale of Alan (1.12),The Golden Age (1.12/1.13),XP Bank (1.14),Alliances Mod(1.14) (all add-ons no longer supported)
Co-creator of Era of Magic
User avatar
Aldarisvet
Translator
Posts: 810
Joined: February 23rd, 2015, 2:39 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia

Re: The Golden Age

Post by Aldarisvet »

ForestDragon wrote: well, i already have south orc goblin archers that specialise on fire arrows, but ok, i might take a look
Ah, you use Southern Orc sprites as a goblin's. Got it. But still it looks too similar to level0 orc/Peon for your level0/level1 goblin archers (because these sprites all are made from wesnoth 1.0 level1 orc sprite). Better to use small goblin's legs from Promised Land (at least for base frames, then to ajust animations by frankens probly).
facebook.com/wesnothian/ - everyday something new about Wesnoth
My campaign:A Whim of Fate, also see it's prequel Zombies:Introduction
Art thread:Mostly frankenstains
User avatar
ForestDragon
Posts: 1518
Joined: March 6th, 2014, 1:32 pm

Re: The Golden Age

Post by ForestDragon »

Aldarisvet wrote:
ForestDragon wrote: well, i already have south orc goblin archers that specialise on fire arrows, but ok, i might take a look
Ah, you use Southern Orc sprites as a goblin's. Got it. But still it looks too similar to level0 orc/Peon for your level0/level1 goblin archers (because these sprites all are made from wesnoth 1.0 level1 orc sprite). Better to use small goblin's legs from Promised Land (at least for base frames, then to ajust animations by frankens probly).
well, in FoaP (where i copied them from) they were already goblins
My active add-ons: [WIP] Ogres Era
My inactive add-ons: Tale of Alan (1.12),The Golden Age (1.12/1.13),XP Bank (1.14),Alliances Mod(1.14) (all add-ons no longer supported)
Co-creator of Era of Magic
User avatar
Lumen
Posts: 23
Joined: July 10th, 2016, 8:45 pm
Location: Forest is my temple

Re: The Golden Age

Post by Lumen »

Me and ForestDragon testet new features in his scenario corrupted forest. :)
Warning in this reviw there will be spoilers,mist and some *garbeld* . So if you have not played the scenario yet then do not read this. Unless you hate suprises ,have played or dont care then here it is . :geek:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
scenario is quite easy :| but we talked about few ideas that could make harder .

Overall i think this update made map even better . Once again good job :D

Thank you again for letting me test this . ^_^

Lumen
User avatar
Lumen
Posts: 23
Joined: July 10th, 2016, 8:45 pm
Location: Forest is my temple

Re: The Golden Age

Post by Lumen »

Btw if there is faction or unit tree were you wish ideas about i could help you . So if something comes to your mind could you post it so we can give ideas . :D
User avatar
ForestDragon
Posts: 1518
Joined: March 6th, 2014, 1:32 pm

Re: The Golden Age

Post by ForestDragon »

Lumen wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Lumen wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Lumen wrote:scenario is quite easy :| but we talked about few ideas that could make harder .

also, i came up with a few now, look at the spoiler tag above ;)
Lumen wrote:Overall i think this update made map even better . Once again good job :D
thanks ^_^ well, i guess it's time to show map makers how a real boss fight is done
Spoiler:
Lumen wrote:Thank you again for letting me test this . ^_^

Lumen
yeah, no problem, it's every era creator's dream to have testers/feedback providers like you ^_^ when i release the next update, we might try it again ;)
Lumen wrote:Btw if there is faction or unit tree were you wish ideas about i could help you . So if something comes to your mind could you post it so we can give ideas . :D
i would actually like ideas from you, since i am kinda running low on those.
My active add-ons: [WIP] Ogres Era
My inactive add-ons: Tale of Alan (1.12),The Golden Age (1.12/1.13),XP Bank (1.14),Alliances Mod(1.14) (all add-ons no longer supported)
Co-creator of Era of Magic
User avatar
Lumen
Posts: 23
Joined: July 10th, 2016, 8:45 pm
Location: Forest is my temple

Re: The Golden Age

Post by Lumen »

Good i might have and idea for merfolk


i thought that you could add into merfolk faction unit called land crawler . You could make it advancemend to merman brawler . Unit would have better land movement and in description you could write how they use their strong hands to crawlr hence the name . Idk would the unit be how useful but :hmm:
User avatar
ForestDragon
Posts: 1518
Joined: March 6th, 2014, 1:32 pm

Re: The Golden Age

Post by ForestDragon »

Lumen wrote:Good i might have and idea for merfolk


i thought that you could add into merfolk faction unit called land crawler . You could make it advancemend to merman brawler . Unit would have better land movement and in description you could write how they use their strong hands to crawlr hence the name . Idk would the unit be how useful but :hmm:
hmmmm... naval maps are mostly water, so land units aren't very useful. btw, i am kinda more into map suggestions. i already have an A4 paper filled with ideas on both sides.
My active add-ons: [WIP] Ogres Era
My inactive add-ons: Tale of Alan (1.12),The Golden Age (1.12/1.13),XP Bank (1.14),Alliances Mod(1.14) (all add-ons no longer supported)
Co-creator of Era of Magic
User avatar
Lumen
Posts: 23
Joined: July 10th, 2016, 8:45 pm
Location: Forest is my temple

Re: The Golden Age

Post by Lumen »

Good point :? Map ideas i could give those
Silver mage map were you need to use teleportation tactics to survive and attack

or map were you need to catch the wisp or silver mage that moves around map with teleportation and you mission is attack and catch .
User avatar
ForestDragon
Posts: 1518
Joined: March 6th, 2014, 1:32 pm

Re: The Golden Age

Post by ForestDragon »

Lumen wrote:Good point :? Map ideas i could give those
Silver mage map were you need to use teleportation tactics to survive and attack

or map were you need to catch the wisp or silver mage that moves around map with teleportation and you mission is attack and catch .
:doh: i meant ideas for corrupted forest :doh: :lol: :P
also, the avatar fits you
EDIT: about map ideas... hmmm... i guess if we replace lvl3 silver mages with lvl2 saurian visionnaries, who also have teleport, this might be interesting. about corrupted forest, you can wait a bit, i already have an A4 paper full with ideas on both sides anyway :P
My active add-ons: [WIP] Ogres Era
My inactive add-ons: Tale of Alan (1.12),The Golden Age (1.12/1.13),XP Bank (1.14),Alliances Mod(1.14) (all add-ons no longer supported)
Co-creator of Era of Magic
User avatar
Lumen
Posts: 23
Joined: July 10th, 2016, 8:45 pm
Location: Forest is my temple

Re: The Golden Age

Post by Lumen »

Uppss :lol: well atleast you have ideas but i will try to think of ideas :)
And thanks i like my avatar too ^_^
User avatar
ForestDragon
Posts: 1518
Joined: March 6th, 2014, 1:32 pm

Re: The Golden Age

Post by ForestDragon »

Lumen wrote:Uppss :lol: well atleast you have ideas but i will try to think of ideas :)
And thanks i like my avatar too ^_^
well, i completed most of them, i only need to make a few more, and i am pretty much ready to upload :)
also, expect this update with not only map tweaks, but also some new fancy-shmancy advancements ^_^ ;)
My active add-ons: [WIP] Ogres Era
My inactive add-ons: Tale of Alan (1.12),The Golden Age (1.12/1.13),XP Bank (1.14),Alliances Mod(1.14) (all add-ons no longer supported)
Co-creator of Era of Magic
User avatar
ForestDragon
Posts: 1518
Joined: March 6th, 2014, 1:32 pm

Re: The Golden Age

Post by ForestDragon »

0.2.11 is out! here are the changes, of course:
added Minotaur unit (lvl4 monster), basilisk cultist (opt. lvl2 from DA with petrify), new portrait for elvish halberdier. corrupted forest changes: (fixed lightning's texture 'hitting' a unit 2 hexes below the unit that gets damaged.made a unit hit by lightning slowed for a turn. side 1 or 2 units killed in the map turn into side 3 ghosts of their level -1.added hard mode. lots and lots of tweaks to *garbled*, tweaked ToD cycle),lvl1 death baron, lvl4 Ghost lich (opt. from Lich), lvl4 crusader, nerfed chevalier's healing, opt. lvl2 from merm. initiate which makes male enemies unable to fight near her, bob anim for Spook
My active add-ons: [WIP] Ogres Era
My inactive add-ons: Tale of Alan (1.12),The Golden Age (1.12/1.13),XP Bank (1.14),Alliances Mod(1.14) (all add-ons no longer supported)
Co-creator of Era of Magic
User avatar
Lumen
Posts: 23
Joined: July 10th, 2016, 8:45 pm
Location: Forest is my temple

Re: The Golden Age

Post by Lumen »

yeah this happend :augh:

The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
D:/My Games/userdata/data/add-ons/The_Golden_Age/_main.cfg

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

Found invalid closing tag [/event] for tag [then]
opened at ~add-ons\\The_Golden_Age\\maps\\macros_bossspells.cfg:16
included from ~add-ons\\The_Golden_Age\\_main.cfg:15
included from ~add-ons\\The_Golden_Age\\maps\\scenarios_corrupted_forest_coop.cfg:213
included from ~add-ons\\The_Golden_Age\\_main.cfg:15
closed at ~add-ons\\The_Golden_Age\\maps\\macros_bossspells.cfg:207
included from ~add-ons\\The_Golden_Age\\_main.cfg:15
included from ~add-ons\\The_Golden_Age\\maps\\scenarios_corrupted_forest_coop.cfg:213
included from ~add-ons\\The_Golden_Age\\_main.cfg:15
User avatar
ForestDragon
Posts: 1518
Joined: March 6th, 2014, 1:32 pm

Re: The Golden Age

Post by ForestDragon »

Lumen wrote:yeah this happend :augh:

The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
D:/My Games/userdata/data/add-ons/The_Golden_Age/_main.cfg

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

Found invalid closing tag [/event] for tag [then]
opened at ~add-ons\\The_Golden_Age\\maps\\macros_bossspells.cfg:16
included from ~add-ons\\The_Golden_Age\\_main.cfg:15
included from ~add-ons\\The_Golden_Age\\maps\\scenarios_corrupted_forest_coop.cfg:213
included from ~add-ons\\The_Golden_Age\\_main.cfg:15
closed at ~add-ons\\The_Golden_Age\\maps\\macros_bossspells.cfg:207
included from ~add-ons\\The_Golden_Age\\_main.cfg:15
included from ~add-ons\\The_Golden_Age\\maps\\scenarios_corrupted_forest_coop.cfg:213
included from ~add-ons\\The_Golden_Age\\_main.cfg:15
ok, released the 0.2.11c update, changes are:
buffed up Mermaid Nymph, added Elvish Spearman line, Elvish Grand Sorceress (opt. lvl4 from Enchantress with a broad variety of spells, portrait for dwarvish brewer line), fixed the bug you told me about (i had a fixed version already, but forgot to release it)

so, stuff should be working now, i tested it
My active add-ons: [WIP] Ogres Era
My inactive add-ons: Tale of Alan (1.12),The Golden Age (1.12/1.13),XP Bank (1.14),Alliances Mod(1.14) (all add-ons no longer supported)
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Post Reply