The Golden Age

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lumen

Re: The Golden Age

Post by Lumen »

Today i and ForestDragon testet custom survival scenario made by him named Corrupted forest . It is part of TGA addon.

What is this scenario about ?

It is about two players who arrive to corrupted forest what is protectet by fallen faeries, woses , undead and blurby mubcrawlers . Your mission is to survive.
Spoiler:

In the scenario there is some funny dialogue between player and enemies wich is always good + :lol:
Map was well done and not too big + :)
I cant figure anything bad about the scenario + :hmm:
There is even some little back story at end + :eng:
Spoiler:
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Lumen wrote:Today i and ForestDragon tested custom survival scenario made by him named Corrupted forest . It is part of TGA addon.
yep, that happened indeed :) .
Lumen wrote:What is this scenario about ?
It is about two players who arrive to corrupted forest what is protectet by fallen faeries, woses , undead and blurby mubcrawlers . Your mission is to survive.
Spoiler:
yes, that's a perfectly accurate description :) , about boss fight balancing, here are my ideas:
Spoiler:
Lumen wrote:In the scenario there is some funny dialogue between player and enemies which is always good + :lol:
thanks ^_^ , i put them in when the update was almost ready to be uploaded, but it turned out very good
Lumen wrote:Map was well done and not too big + :)
Map was well done and not too big + :)
I cant figure anything bad about the scenario + :hmm:
There is even some little back story at end + :eng:
Spoiler:
thanks ^_^ , about storyline, i guess i can make a few scenarios as prequels/sequal
Lumen wrote:Bugs.
Spoiler:
i guess i can simply fix it by manually changing the *spoiler* name to what it used to be
Lumen wrote:Overall high quality scenario and i had good time. Would play it again 10/10
ok thanks ^_^ when i update TGA with some tweaks to the map, i'll be sure to tell you
Lumen wrote:Good job ForestDragon
thanks once again ^_^
Lumen wrote:Thank you for letting me to help you test it.
Lumen
no problem ^_^ i always look for people to play with using my era, so the thanks goes to you ^_^
Last edited by ForestDragon on July 11th, 2016, 5:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
IPS

Post by IPS »

Lumen, please as you have a fairly balanced version try to upload it in the add-ons servers as a MP scenario. There is a need of more scenarios like that. Production of those is lower everyday running ... most of most played add-ons are created since 1.3, 1.4, 1.6 and 1.8 or so. There are no new talented people that creates any new clasics such as Oricia, Creep Wars & Defense of the gobling, Dark Forescast, Colosseum, A New Land, Settlers era, Empires & Conquest, etc.

Any little contribution you have, please do it. It's somehow anoying to see good projects that doesn't have continue in another wesnoth server due of no maintenance or presence of the creator of the scenario. I miss old school survivals, MP scenarios and many many more...
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

ummm... you forgot that i am the creator of the scenario
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
IPS

Post by IPS »

lmao, sorry. What ever keep those words but for you then xD
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

IPS wrote:lmao, sorry. What ever keep those words but for you then xD
also, it's already in the newest TGA update :lol:
Lumen

Post by Lumen »

I have an idea for sylvan faction
It based elvish lady
Elves choose their leaders for their wisdom and sensitivity to the balance of universal forces; foresight is what has protected them in times of uncertainty. Their just reign is rewarded by the unflagging fealty of their people, which is the greatest gift for which any ruler could ask.

Well it could be time that rulers took more active role :P
Example there was at 1.7 i think kith and kin named era were there was custom unit line elvish maiden >elvish lady >sylph/elvish queen but i cant find :augh:
Anyway :eng:
She would have leader ability and some faerie fire
Here is link to atleast something to work o And she could advance to elvish high lady here is link how she could look ( yeah idk why i have elvish queen as my profile pic :whistle: )
Lumen

Post by Lumen »

ForestDragon how dare you take credit to my work :evil:

Spoiler:
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

eh nevermind :? :lol:

so, about your elf lady idea, it looks promising, here are a few ideas i decided to improve your idea with:
1.remember the Noble Ranger/Avenger from FoaP? i guess it can be as an opt. advancement, it won't be as strong/good at bow as normal ranger, but will have mediocre faerie fire and leadership, basically the kind of elvish noblewomen who got fed up with the politics and decided to take this path instead
2.there is also a franken of elvish lady in Ice Age Fun, it has similiar anim to ones you provided link to, it can be an opt. advancement
3. the line of advancement can be this:
______________/->2b.Elvish Noble Ranger->Elvish Noble Avenger
1.Elvish Maiden ->2.Elvish Lady->3.Elvish High Lady (queen sprite)
__________________________\->3b.Elvish <havent come up with name yet> (the one with wings)

also, about maiden sprite, which one do you have in mind?
Lumen

Post by Lumen »

I like the ranger idea it is like she was like :D
i am bored lets kill enemies :annoyed:
About someone with wings it could be
Faerie avatar unit or new faerie guardian unit with leadership bonus to faeries or something
She could look like this

https://www.wesnoth.org/units/trunk/pic ... dellys.png

Or she could take more of warrior stance and take up sword .
Hey i have idea what about she could have at her level 3 she could give diffent bonuses depending like what she advances to like warrior could give more damage ,ranger ambush or movement bonuses and high lady aka "sorceress " could give more recistance or shield from drain and slow

She could have low attacks and health as she is lady in dress but would be powerfull inspiration to troops

About elvish maiden she looked tweaked shaman with out hat and in white dress and no staff

-----------------------------------------------------------------------/> elvish fencer > elvish duelist " the warrior line "
But you could advance from elven sorceress > elvish lady > elvish high lady > elvish something magical " magic line "
-----------------------------------------------------------------------/> elvish noble ranger > elvish avenger " rougue line "
----------------------------------------------------------------------/ > somekind faerie line like faerie quardian > faerie avatar
Aldarisvet
Translator

Post by Aldarisvet »

I have new suggestion for your Era.

This sprite
http://units.wesnoth.org/1.12/Era_of_Ma ... lptor.html
and this
http://units.wesnoth.org/1.12/Era_of_Ma ... _Mage.html

In Era of magic they used in different braches of one unit tree. But - typical mistaske - in this tree are used sprites of different styles and quality, this looks really bad. But this two are in mainline style and really looks cool, may be you will invent something how to use them.

Mey be they both could be Level2 alternatives for Healer Mage advancement.
facebook.com/wesnothian/ - everyday something new about Wesnoth
My campaign:A Whim of Fate, also see it's prequel Zombies:Introduction
Art thread:Mostly frankenstains
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

0.2.10 is out! changelog:
lots of improvements to the survival map (lightning strikes, cloudy ToD, made *garbled* much harder (hopefully), removed the dependency of IftU Music, and added TGA Map Music, ect.), Elvish Maiden line (sorta incomplete right now)
Aldarisvet
Translator

Post by Aldarisvet »

I think this 2 monsters have something similar.
Spikes probably. But a style also.
First one I published some time ago in a monster pack I found and second one I discovered today in Elementalist's Era Wesnoth 1.6.
Probably they can find room in your era in one line. Some recolouring is needed however to unify colors.
Attachments
2monsters.png
2monsters.png (5.32 KiB) Viewed 3416 times
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

hmmmm... if i am not mistaken, i seen a brown version of first one in IftU series, and about second, FoaP has a similiar unit, but franken from Water Serpent
Aldarisvet
Translator

Post by Aldarisvet »

How about saving some old cool goblin sprites by adding them to your Era?

There are two main sources of goodmainline quality goblin sprites.
The one is Swampings and the other is 1.8 Promised Land campaign. Also there separately exists full mounted spearmen goblin line.
Now I took a look in your era, you used Swamplings, so Rouser line can advance to lvl2 and then lvl3.
But look at Promised Land campaign. There is animated goblin javelineer that can be lvl2 for the Impaler.
Also there are goblin archers, level0 called hunter, level1 called shooter. And even a cool portrait for them.
Also there are level0 torcher and level1 raider.
There are also bladesman, champion and hero and sage (the last one called Jinx at Swamplings).
Also (not in Promised Land files) there exists full goblin mounted spearman lvl1-lvl3 line (I forgot where I saw it, somewhere in 1.12 or 1.10, in many places), probably you saw it already, and the portrait of goblin spearman can be taken from Promised Land.

And about you experiments with gobo caravan/transport, sorry I dont like them. Sometimes authors of eras pass to excessiveness with their fantasies. At least you should use bigger, level3 wolf for the transport, not level1, how ordinary wolf can bear 3 goblins? Same with caravan, just putting a tent over the wolf's back you will not make it a caravan. You need a wagon for the caravan because wolf's back is not a warehouse. Also I do not like that goblin king (it is not your work I hope) because it is also an obvious example of surfeit. Come on, warbanner, net and enourmous spear, that all together is out of sense and looks bad in general. Such excessiveness is not of mainline style.

Also in your place I would remove Southern Orcs faction completely. Units from there looks too close to ordinary goblins or level0 orc or just bad looking (obviously unsuccessful frankens of old Wesnoth sprites)... Orcish Emperor is also a low quality thing.
Last edited by Aldarisvet on July 15th, 2016, 7:54 am, edited 2 times in total.