Plague Lords

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mad_Hatter

Plague Lords

Post by Mad_Hatter »

This is my first post on this forum so Hello to all;

I decided to create my own nation to game that it will call Plague Lords and like in name all units have plague ability (like living corpse they can create new units by killing others).

Max level they can reach is 2 because I don't want to make them too powerful, when I play with them is always a situation where enemy can't move because they are surrounded by Infected.
At the beginning they looks like green humans, but when they get experienced they become more deformed/mutated monsters.
Characters design:
- mutants : fighters and scouts;
- steam-cyborgs : archers and mixed fighters;
- wraiths : healers;

Character evolution (for now):

Infected
- Bully (fighters)
- - Slayer
- - Maniac
- Plague Adept (healers)
- - Plague sorcerer
- - Crow Father
- - Fester
- - Hecatomb

I am just beginner of pixel art but i will try my best:
Here is Infected (lvl 0) fighter with only impact damage and Bully lvl1, impact and blade damage.
Slayer: lvl 2 heavy gladiator: pierce, blade, impact in 4-5 strikes;
Maniac: lvl 2 blade and impact, heavy damage in 2 strike, he can throw his weapon for ranged combat.

Plague Adept (with bully, one of my friend decided to show me how should it looks) lvl 1, healer, impact in melee fight and cold on ranged (magic).
Plague sorcerer: lvl 2, best healer, impact in melee fight and cold on ranged (magic).
Hecatomb: lvl 2 the greatest damage magic in cold and acrane;
(Uncle) Fester: lvl 2 healer who can fight well in melee
Crow Father, flying healer with swarms attack.
Dugi

Re: Plague Lords

Post by Dugi »

Interesting idea for a faction. Balancing them might be tough because once that they get an upper hand, there is no way to stop them, but if you get through it, the result might be cool. I don't understand what advances to what, though. I suggest you to give them all similar resistances to everything, because otherwise balancing will be even harder.

You're drawing pretty well, it's quite an unusual style but I have seen (and made) weirder things. It's nice to see that you're making animations as well. A small flaw I see in many sprites (particularly Slayer) is that they look a bit like if they were sitting on some chair. Perhaps moving the feet somewhat backwards (to the left) might help it.
Mad_Hatter

Post by Mad_Hatter »

Thank you for your comment, I'll keep that in mind

Here is Rasp:
This is first plague steam-cyborg, yet primitive that in fight uses his makeshift hand finished witch blades, and is able to shoot this hand like a crossbow.
Universal Soldier lvl1 9-2 blade on melee and ranged fight.
Elendil

Post by Elendil »

Nice sprites and concept!
I think I'll give the campaign a try, although I believe I won't like the style.
Mad_Hatter

Post by Mad_Hatter »

Juggernaut
This is brute for close and ranged combat, is an expanded version of the Rasp.
I tried to make a steampunk cyborg but it create person in strange armor :) maybe next time.
Heavy universal soldier.

For now, I'll do a sprites for allcharacters and then I will fight for a better quality.
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Juggernaut as for now looks best from your arts, I like this one :P! But if you're going to create your own faction then you should show your units in some era tree or something like that:
Spoiler:
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
Mad_Hatter

Post by Mad_Hatter »

Surgeon
Four-Hand medic who can fight on melee and distance, of course he can heal allies or himself but that cost his turn.
Heavy battle-medic.
ChaosRider wrote:Juggernaut as for now looks best from your arts, I like this one :P! But if you're going to create your own faction then you should show your units in some era tree
And here is "Plague Wheel":
But is missing:
- Shooters - for now lack of ideas;
- rats - infection not humanoid forms;
- boss - available only on AoH;
- Apocalyptic Plague Rider - because why not.

On the center Infected have lvl 0, Bully, Longpaws,Plague adept and Rasp have lvl 1, rest lvl 2.
pe_em

Post by pe_em »

Very interesting idea and playing this faction may be really fun! :) Are you and when are you going to upload it to add-ons server? I am looking forward to try it out. :)
Mad_Hatter

Post by Mad_Hatter »

Plague rats (for now only concept,animation will be later):
On the left is a basic version that can advance to one of three forms on the right, starting from the left:
- Rat - small and fast unit who is hard to hit;
- Rusty rat - a small carapace, can quickly move and charge;
- garbage rat - has on a ridge a small catapult by which throws trash at the enemy;
- Chemical rat - poisons and cures.
pe_em wrote:Are you and when are you going to upload it to add-ons server? I am looking forward to try it out. :)
In this Sunday I will release 0.2V for testing.
Mad_Hatter

Post by Mad_Hatter »

As I said, I did, faction was addet to server yesterday v0.2, contains some errors but I will try to quickly fix it and in two weeks I will try to send 0.3.

Meet Crow:
Little plague helpers, plague embryos are to himself that strong people is mutate into mutants, and elderly and other weak persons become wraiths who proficient with magic, the raven ate too much infected meat and now awaits him being a wraith.
Flying magician.

Officially the plague will consist of 31 characters (for long time), and so:
-12 Animals: rats, dogs and crows;
-13 Humanoids: at first it was 40, then 26 and now just 13, and the crow father will be removed in the next version, because it becomes useless.
-6 Bosses: unique commander of the plague with starting level at 2!
Mad_Hatter

Post by Mad_Hatter »

Crow Commander
This one has even cap but the decomposition of the body as a result of the disease takes its toll exposing his ribs and skull.
Flying magician and commander(lvl 1).

=== EDIT ===
Nightmare Crow:
This Crow has no eyes but are not needed, slowing down enemies.
Flying magician.

=== EDIT ===
Voracious Crow"
This crow was supposed to be half bald but at least it plump.
The last of the Crows, now will be dogs and wolves.
Flying magician-brute.
Mad_Hatter

Post by Mad_Hatter »

Behold, here is a new unit for my evil Faction:
The dog:

... just kidding.

Infected Dog:
Beginning of the way of animal-mutant.
Average strength warrior with a weak regenerate.
Damn i am so weak with drawing dogs :P

Lvl: 0
HP: 18
Defense on flat: 40%
Atacks:
teeth: melee 5 - 3 blade
=== EDIT ===

Plague dog:
In horror movies where the main role are dogs I saw that they have massive ridges and necks, I've tried to create it, but I fail, at least his lower jaw opens.
Medium strength universal warrior with regenerate ability (small tank).
Expanded Version of Infected Dog.
Lvl: 1
HP: 34
Atacks:
teeth: melee 6 - 3 blade
acidic breath: ranged 5 - 3 impact

=== EDIT ===

Mad dog
Always angry dog that focuses on inflicting damage instead of defending or whatever, as a result of the disease it lose his skin but mutation provided him with a huge jaw.
Dog-berserker.
HP: 37
Atacks:
teeth: melee 8 - 2 blade berserker
Mad_Hatter

Post by Mad_Hatter »

Fishdog:
Dogs naturally are able to swim so I wondered why not give the individual who would be excellent water unit.
Dog swimmer:
HP: 32
Defense in water: 60%
Atacks:
teeth: melee 6 - 3 blade berserker

The last of the dogs and the animals, I have to create 2 humanoids units, and after that time will come to Plague Boss.

=== EDIT ===

LongPaw:
Humanoids are naturally slow so I decided to add one mutant which thanks to long hands can move quickly.
Fast "troll".

Lvl 2
HP: 58
Mov 8 (others 4-3)
Atacks:
claws: melee 12 - 3 blade
Mad_Hatter

Post by Mad_Hatter »

Executioner
Heavy cyborg who prefers to fight at a distance with the use of its turrets on the back to shoot at enemies with arrows or makeshift rockets.
Moving silo (bazooka)

It's time now for the plague boss.

=== EDIT ===
Plague boss:

The unique Plague unit which can be acquired only by selecting it as commander of the army.

Plague carrier - commander level 2;
Plague sovereign - the best commander, other forms are losing the leadership skill;
Defiler - dumb brute that can continue to grow;
Plague rider - a dark version of the paladin, the fastest of the bosses;
Overlord - the same as the Defiler;
Patriarch - giant and the personification of blunt strength.

I will still working out forms to Sunday.
Mad_Hatter

Post by Mad_Hatter »

Version v0.3.1 it's now available
Added race skill "Plague" so it do not need to add to each attack and after killing enemy not only humanoids will spawn.

Next update is planned around 1 November;