Felinians - Come back

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Raijer

Re: Felinians - Come back

Post by Raijer »

Should have noticed this topic sooner... Looks quite good, though the sprites are a little unpolished. Anyway, I'm gonna try to clear up the last bits Dugi didn't understand.

About this one:
"Les mauvaises langues avanceront que les lions n’étant pas aussi bons guerriers que les tigres, il ne leurs reste plus que l’encadrement à assumer, jusqu’à ce qu’un tigre n’ai plus aucun ennemi à déchirer rajouteront les encore plus mauvaises langues..."

"Cynics" isn't really good, it would be closer to "gossip" or "evil/malicious tongue" on a more literal translation. The part about coaching/training isn't good either. In that context "encadrement" shouldn't have been used in french, as I think he meant the only thing left to do for lions was governing/leading the pack. FInally, this: "jusqu’à ce qu’un tigre n’ai plus aucun ennemi à déchirer rajouteront les encore plus mauvaises langues..." is supposed to mean that this situation (where the lions are leaders), exists only as long as the tigers have enemies to fight. Once they don't, they will replace the lions (say the worst gossips).
So, the translation would be something like that:
"Gossips argue that, as lions do not fight as well as tigers, the only task left for them is governing. But even then, the more malicious tongues will say that's just as long as there are enemies to kill and distract the tigers from governing"

About this:
"Le tigre et les panthères noires eux, admettent la possibilité de mobiliser leur animalité tout en la maîtrisant et s'en font un honneur même si le jeu est dangereux en cas de débordement."

I think "mobilizing" is too literal, and the more simple "use" should be closer to the real translation. Also, the french version isn't completely right, "s'en font un honneur" doesn't work. Maybe "ils considèrent cette possibilité comme glorifiante" (though that's ugly, but works better), I would say "they take pride in it". About "the game is dangerous...", I think it's a reference to a french expression saying "le jeu n'en vaut pas la chandelle", which basically means that you usually end up losing if you gamble in life. I would translate it with "the exercise", as he's speaking about controlling their animality.
So: " In the case of tigers and black panthers, they believe it is possible to use those abilities [their animality] in battle while controlling them, and even take pride in it, although it can lead to dangerous outbursts of violence"
About the last one: "En embuscade, les panthères noires guerrières sont redoutables sur les arrières et les tigres montés ou non se font un défis de les rejoindre les premiers, en contournant les rangs ennemis ou non..."

This one was trickier, I didn't notice there was a difference between panthers and black panthers and got confused a little... Also, I'm still not sure about what you mean by "mounted tigers", is it the difference you make between 2-legs walking (mounted) and 4-legs walking ?

Anyway, basically, it should be translated by something like this: "Black panthers are usually hidden close to the battle, and ambush the enemies' rear, tearing through it. This leads to competition between tigers about who will reach the rear battle first, be it on 2 or 4 legs, or even going around the enemy troops instead of killing they way through"
I could also translate it from scratch if you need it.
Also, I will probably translate anything you write from french to english from now on.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

So you're saying that I could not understand these sentences mainly because they were erroneous. I will correct the description once that he approves that you got it right.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Well, yeah. I think most french natives would have understood it easily, but the phrasing wasn't the clearest one, and when you put in some mistakes, it becomes really hard for non-native people.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Elendil

Post by Elendil »

Raijer wrote:Well, yeah. I think most french natives would have understood it easily
French native over here, well, not even sure about that. I had to read your explanation to understand what he meant :(
Mad_Hatter

Post by Mad_Hatter »

Furry nation, nice, i want see them in action.
Did you think of using Sphinx?
Vincentus

Post by Vincentus »

Escuse me for this translation work...
Escusez moi pour ce travail de traduction...
:oops:
For the translation, Raijer +1.
You have understand !

The mounted Tiger are Warrior tiger who use Geant Tiger like horse.
So the Tiger can fight mounted or not (walk).

For panthers there is :
- "Normal" Panther -> Basic warrior
- Black panther -> Mystic Warriors (spy / assassin)
and
- Black panther -> Shaman (healer / wizard)

And yes, the lynx are in the box... You have read my thinking ?
Et oui, les lynx sont dans la boîte (j'y réfléchi)... Tu lis dans mes pensées ?

Bon, là j'ai essayé 2-3 trucs avec GIMP, je ne comprends pas grand chose. Si un pro du sprite a le courage de reprendre ce que j'ai fait, qu'il n'hésite pas. Je peux continuer sur PAINT. Gimp me coupe l'inspiration... Comme les difficultés de traduction d'ailleurs...
So, now i have try 2-3 thing (stuff ?) with GIMP, i don't understand everything. If a pro of the sprite have the "courage" to take back what i do, don't hesitate. I can continue on PAINT. Gimp stop my inspiration... Like the translation.

Je vais vous proposer une nouvelle présentation des unités avec des chiffres révisés pour faire de la place aux Lynx. Je n'ai pas avancé cette semaine sur les sprite. A suivre...
I will propose soon a new presentation of the unit with revised number for do place for the lynx. I do nothing the week on the sprite (GIMP). To be continued.
Vincentus

Post by Vincentus »

Felenians - Félinés

Faire un niv 0 + un niv 3

Level 1 : Level 2 :
Féliné Cheetah Scout Féliné Cheetah Runner

Cost: 16 Cost: 32
HP: 27 HP: 38
MP: 7 MP: 7
XP: 40 XP: 80
skirmisher skirmisher
Javelin 7 - 2 melee (pierce) (firststrike) Javelin 8 - 2 melee (pierce) (firststrike)
Javelin 7 - 1 ranged (pierce) Javelin 7 - 2 ranged (pierce)
Blade : -10% Pierce : 0% Impact : 0% Fire : +10% Cold : -10% Arcane : 0%
Casttle : 1-60 Cave : 1-60 Coastal Reef : / Deep water : / Flat : 1-60 Forest : 1-70
Frozen : 2-40 Hills : 1-60 Mountains : 2-60 Mushroom Grove : 2-70 Sand : 2-50
Shallow Water : / Swamps :3-20 Unwalkable : 0 Village : 1-70

Level 1 : Level 2 :
Féliné Lynx Trapper Féliné Lynx Hunter

Cost: 17 Cost: 30
HP: 28 HP: 40
MP: 6 MP: 6
XP: 40 XP: 90
/ Ambush
Sword 8 - 2 melee (blade) Sword 9 - 2 melee (blade)
Bolas 4 - 2 ranged (impact) (slow) Bolas 6 - 2 ranged (pierce) (slow)
Casttle : 1-60 Cave : 1-60 Coastal Reef : / Deep water : / Flat : 1-60 Forest : 1-70

Féliné Panther Fighter Féliné Panther Warrior

Cost: 17 Cost: 32
HP: 30 HP: 40
MP: 6 MP :6
XP: 50 XP: 80
Sword 8 - 2 melee (blade) Sword 8 - 3 melee (blade)

Féliné Black Panther Shaman Féliné Black Panther Priest

Cost: 17 Cost: 35
HP: 28 HP: 35
XP: 40 XP: 80
heals +4 cures, heals +8
Stick 4 - 2 melee (impact) Stick 6 - 2 melee (impact)
4 – 3 ranged (arcane) (magical) 7 – 3 ranged (arcane) (magical)
Blade : -10% Pierce : 0% Impact : 0% Fire : +10% Cold : -10% Arcane : -30%

Féliné Black Panther Shadow Féliné Black Panther Killer

Cost: 18 Cost: 34
HP: 32 HP: 44
XP: 50 XP: 100
/ Nightstalk
Claws 6 - 3 melee (blade) (firststrike) Claws 8 - 3 melee (blade) (firststrike)
Rain of claws 4 – 2 ranged (blade) (magical) Rain of claws 8 – 2 ranged (blade) (magical)
Blade : -10% Pierce : 0% Impact : 0% Fire : -10% Cold : -10% Arcane : -30%

Féliné Lion Fighter Féliné Leader

Cost: 19 Cost: 35
HP: 36 HP: 50
MP: 5 MP :5
XP: 50 XP: 90
/ leadership
Sword 10 - 2 melee (blade) Sword 14 - 2 melee (blade)
Roaring 6 – 1 ranged (impact) (slows) Roaring 9 – 1 ranged (impact) (slows)
Blade : -20% Pierce : 0% Impact : 0% Fire : +10% Cold : -10% Arcane : 0%
Casttle : 1-60 Cave : 1-60 Coastal Reef : / Deep water : / Flat : 1-50 Forest : 2-60
Frozen : 2-40 Hills : 1-60 Mountains : 2-60 Mushroom Grove : 2-60 Sand : 2-50

Féliné Tiger Fighter Féliné Tiger Fury

Cost: 20 Cost: 36
HP: 38 HP: 55
MP: 6 MP :6
XP: 60 XP: 100
Sword 8 - 3 melee (blade) Sword 10 - 3 melee (blade) (Berserk)
Casttle : 1-60 Cave : 1-60 Coastal Reef : 3-0 Deep water : / Flat : 1-60 Forest : 1-70

Féliné Tiger Rider Féliné Tiger Out Rider

Cost: 22 Cost: 40
HP: 42 HP: 65
MP: 8 MP : 8
XP: 50 XP: 100
Sword 9 – 3 melee (blade) (charge) Sword 12 – 3 melee (blade) (charge)
Sword 8 - 3 melee (blade) Sword 10 - 3 melee (blade)
Bite & claws 6 – 4 melee (blade) Bite & claws 6 – 5 melee (blade)
Blade : -10% Pierce : 0% Impact : 0% Fire : +10% Cold : 10% Arcane : 0%
Casttle : 1-60 Cave : 1-60 Coastal Reef : 3- 0 Deep water : / Flat : 1-60 Forest : 1-70
Frozen : 2-40 Hills : 1-50 Mountains : 2-60 Mushroom Grove : 2-70 Sand : 2-50

Féliné Geant Tiger Féliné Geant Tiger

Cost: 21 Cost: 43
HP: 40 HP: 60
MP: 10 MP : 10
XP: 60 XP: 110
Bite & claws 8 - 4 melee (blade) Bite & claws 10 – 4 melee (blade) (feeding)

Blade : -10% Pierce : 0% Impact : 0% Fire : +10% Cold : 10% Arcane : 0%
Casttle : 1-60 Cave : 1-60 Coastal Reef : 3- 0 Deep water : / Flat : 1-60 Forest : 1-70
Frozen : 2-40 Hills : 1-50 Mountains : 2-60 Mushroom Grove : 2-70 Sand : 2-50
Vincentus

Post by Vincentus »

I think to do a nivel 0 et a nivel 3 for each unit (except black panther, 1 young black panther for 2 types of black panther and except for Mounted Tiger, no nivel 0).
But, before i must finish all sprite for each nivel 1 and 2...

En document Open Office, the stats :
https://mega.nz/#!xlZ2HaQY!m1c_KWtRpXZ9 ... B_1yC9KmtQ

L'image en BMP, Sprite :
https://mega.nz/#!gt501YCB!cOZ5-AjNoE1u ... u0LBvaG0co

Arborescence :
https://mega.nz/#!Y940RKzR!ljUScB2VMvAM ... cbyn2HEqMM
Vincentus

Post by Vincentus »

Hier j'ai fait les sprites pour la panther (guerrier basic) mais je trouve qu'ils ressemblent à la lionne.
Yesterday, i have do the sprite for the panther (basic warrior) but i found they look like the femal lion.
Alors, je vais garder ces sprites pour une nouvelle unité : guerrière lionne, et je vais faire d'autres sprites pour la panther.
So, i get this sprite for the new unit : femal lion, and i will do another sprite for the panther.
Il me faudra aussi refaire les statistiques des unités pour faire de la place à la lionne.
I would do an another stats for units for do place for the femal lion.
:doh: