Era of more units

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ChaosRider

Re: Era of more units

Post by ChaosRider »

Don't forget to use in your units id shortcut of your era name, example:
Spoiler:
This should prevent your addon of ids problems.
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Maybe you should edit your 1st post ading the current information about how your era is going on. I'm not sure if you have added more units to your era than the already posted in your first post.

Would been good seing unit stats aswell, seing new units is always exciting.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Elvish_King

Post by Elvish_King »

Sorry for posting late, I had some problems elsewhere...

@ doofus-01; shadowm: I'm going to change that, if you think it is a better idea. I just wanted to make it like doofus mentoined because then i would have to units with the same name (the mainline and the modified) and that would sometimes be misleading.
Robertdebrus wrote:I believe that the ids of the Orcish Raider and the other Bad Moon Rising orcs are identical to the ones in Bad Moon Rising, but it doesn't break the game, so it isn't a major bug.
I knew that, gonna solve it like this:
ChaosRider wrote:Don't forget to use in your units id shortcut of your era name
@ IPS: Currently only the merfolk faction was added to the original factions, but I'm going to Change the first post. About the stats: Lot of work, maybe realize it later. Now you have to download th era :D
Visit my threads:
Era:Era of more units
Artwork:Art
Elvish_King

Post by Elvish_King »

Tried to realize the new units without the [advancefrom] tag but I didn't work. I made a new unit (Eomu_Dwarvish Thunderer) which looks like this but if this unit levels up he can only advance normal.
What did I do wrong?

Code: Select all

#textdomain wesnoth-Eomu
[unit_type]
    id=Eomu_Dwarvish Thunderer
    [base_unit]
        id=Dwarvish Thunderer
    [/base_unit]
    advances_to=Dwarvish Thunderguard; Dwarvish Mercilles
    hide_help=false
    do_not_list=no
[/unit_type]
Visit my threads:
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

; to ,

Also, wesnoth usually only supports yes and no, not true/false/variations.
Elvish_King

Post by Elvish_King »

Thank you, now it is right. The error was the ; instead of ,.

Era of more units 1.2 is out!!!
Features:
- Some minor bugfixes
- Things mentoined in post above: no [advancefrom] tags, and added Eomu_unit to the Units were conflicts with other eras could occure.

This is only a minor update because the next update will take a while. (I have a new computer and because of this I have to rewrite everything I had before. Next faction added will be nagas. :D )
Last edited by Ravana on August 14th, 2015, 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Replaced [color] with [b]
Visit my threads:
Elvish_King

Post by Elvish_King »

Era of more units 1.3 is out!!
Features:
- Some minor bugfixes
- comlete new faction: Drakes
- containing: Drake Mage line, Drake Adventurer line and Sword Drake line
Visit my threads:
Coolamigaming

Post by Coolamigaming »

We need a gnomish artillery era, there is a dwarf faction similar, but we need gnomes! :D
Elvish_King

Post by Elvish_King »

Era of more units 1.4 is out!!

New features:
- new faction: northern humans with 26 new units
- german translation!!
- some bugfixes
Visit my threads:
Coolamigaming

Post by Coolamigaming »

Sorry about sounding like an idiot, I had a twelve year old moment. It is not to everyone's taste too have giant mechs running around. I still think it would be cool too have them ^_^
Elvish_King

Post by Elvish_King »

I don't think this would fit into a middle-age fantasy based strategy game like Battle for Wesnoth and therefore either to my era. But if you still want to have some machiens you can download the steelhive faction or the Runemaster faction of the era of magic.

EDIT: And if you want to have gnomes, just draw some and make your own era!
Visit my threads:
Coolamigaming

Post by Coolamigaming »

Thank you for replaying so kindly to my, quite frankly very rude, interruption into your personal era's topic. Regards cool king. :D
Coolamigaming

Post by Coolamigaming »

I actually have a lot of my own unit trees drawn up, I don't know how to make them into something though. I like the idea of having an option every level up and for there to be 5 levels u can go up to and then it becomes an rig like experience. Wesnoth 2.0?
Kaspar

Post by Kaspar »

Do You still update this era? If yes i have little problem: few units of northern humans dont get exp (prince, elder, shaman, wolf warrior). I hope that if you still working on this era You could fix this. If you droped this sory to bother.
Yomar

Post by Yomar »

Coolamigaming wrote:Sorry about sounding like an idiot, I had a twelve year old moment. It is not to everyone's taste too have giant mechs running around. I still think it would be cool too have them ^_^
Well, time ago I actually realized an era featuring giant robots (I called it something Like Super Robots Era), It had differenti kinds of giant robots using cannons, lasers, missiles and giant swords to fight.
They had even some BASIC animations, and at some point i added Also 2 tiny units (humans and aliens), they actually were man sized, bit I made them tiny to emphatize the difference between Giant mechas and normal sized people.

Sad that I lost it, beside I don't think that it would be compatibile with the last versione of Wesnoth, anyway I could not upload it for copyright reasons, because I used various immages of thoose cartoon series of the eighties.

Sry If I gone out of topic.
Beholded Wesnoth's Origins.
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟