Anyone intersted in necrofranking the Classical Era?

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Midnight_Carnival

Anyone intersted in necrofranking the Classical Era?

Post by Midnight_Carnival »

Typical of me to include a whole load of stuff which should be in another section.
Believe it or not I haven't given up entierly on reconstituting my own version of the
former Classical Era.
The main idea is that there are more factions, some of which are mostly 1 race, others
of which are hybrid - eg: Drakes are seperate from Saurians but the Outcast faction
includes Saurians, Ogres, Human Outlaws and Goblins! (perhaps Naga)
I meant that each faction should have at least 3 of the following:

unit with leadership
unit with illumination
unit which heals
unit which regenerates
unit with poison attack
lv.0 unit

I also tried to tie in random units which don't have lower levels. In this case I've
made a lv.1 Orc unit called the Effete which has +4 healing and next to no attack,
these are the nerdy wimp Orcs the others pick on, he turns into an Orcish Shaman
which you know from SotBE campaign, no healing, but a lot of draining, heh-heh.
I've also made an Orcish Witchdoctor who is higher up than the Shaman, but I haven't
quite decided much about him yet - any suggestions?
Races which have longer life spans (Elves, Dwarves, Drakes) probably won't have lv.0 units
of that race, but their faction might have some if they are in a mixed faction.

Anyway, here are my graphics for the new Orcish units, some of them I haven't changed
from my previous (failed) attempts.

The Orcish faction would include Goblins since in Wesnoth Orcs and Goblins are the same
species.

Factions I'm working on are:
Sylvans (Elves + Woses)
Fey (Dark Elves, Animals, Faeries)
Dwarves (species faction)
Orcs (Orcs, Goblins + Trolls)
Nomads (Human desert faction)
Outlaws (Human chaotic)
Kingdom (Human lawful)
Undead
Outcast (some of everything)
Saurians (Species Faction)

I've made graphics from many/most units I created, but the code will have to be fixed since it worked with an earlier version. Once I've made everything to the point where it can be played I'll work on balancing, etc and then fixing the graphics if I have time (which I won't)

Um, ok, I can't post my Orcs, posting them where they should go in the Necrofranked Classical era.
...apparenly we can't go with it or something.