PlatinumRealm MP Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Platinum

PlatinumRealm MP Era

Post by Platinum »

The current version for the latest development version of Wesnoth.

Inspired by the Extended era, I'm pleased to announce the PlatinumRealm (because silver looks too much like steel, and gold is too mainstream) multiplayer era.
The point of this era is, like in the forementioned era - to extend the default eras both from the campaigns and unused singleplayer units and bring some of the finest (and fitting) units around into the current factions, also adding new ones at the same time. This "extension" also introduces a leader system, this means that you will pick one unique (no recruitable unit can advance to these) level 3 (actual strength is something inbetween 3 and 4) leader at the lobby screen and have him for the rest of game, till he dies (obviously). By default, you can recruit level 0 and level 1 units.
Note: This add-on goes well with Leader Revival modification by DrankOf, turns your unique leaders into actual heroes, who can lead your troops from the field as originally intended.
Note2: Changelog has been removed, as I constantly update the mod with small (or big) changes, that I often keep forgetting about to add them in there.

Any feedback is much appreciated, as this mod is still crawling and ideas and suggestions will only make it better and more enjoyable by it's users.

By the way, this is my first "significant" post, so hello everyone!
Last edited by Platinum on November 16th, 2014, 4:10 am, edited 10 times in total.
Derkej

Re: PlatinumRealm MP Era

Post by Derkej »

I played your add-on yesterday and I have a question about your post: if You are inspired by Extended Era, then do You want to place Khalifate, Steppe Orcs and other factions from the original Extended into the Platinum Era? That would be pretty cool in my opinion.
+ You have written that you added lvl 3 to orc assassin, but, if I remember, Dark Assassin have no marksman. Did You improved it in your add-on?
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

The 1.12 Khalifate will get some special mechanical units to compliment it's "no mage" core rule, as they're quite advanced in technology (one of their units uses rough flamethrowers, and they're the first faction to feature actual medics, not white mages).
One of the next factions coming up will probably be a bunch of fanatics worshipping dark entities for their own lust of power.
Steppe Orcs will find their way in too, if you'd like that. I'm very open to suggestions like these and will certainly think of them.

By the way, if anyone is getting literally spammed by mostly dwarvish guardsmen with rifles, pick the Experimental AI, not the RCA one. Not sure if RCA was fixed in the previous Wesnoth versions, as it fails to "diversify" it's units in the play.

Edit: Steppe Orcs are in production. Next 0.1.8 version will contain them, along with some fixes to the existing units.
As for the original Extended "Kalifa" faction... We'll see. For now it seems quite alike to the new Khalifate faction.

Edit2: Next version is up! Enjoy the original Steppe Orcs and leave the feedback, reporting any bugs here is helpful too!
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

I just was curious about something. I've noticed that one of the Platinum Realm factions is the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth from Eastern Europe at War. Are you planning to include any of the other EEaW factions, like the Habsburg Monarchy? Being half Austrian, I had to ask.
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

Of course, I'm going to add these in, seeing as the factions can fit the general Wesnoth setting without much 'interference', and they're quite balanced to start with. Maybe I'll skip a couple, but most of them will find their way in - I'm planning to expand this era as much as I'll be able to.

Edit: Your wish is my command, Austrian faction is ready for usage.
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Platinum wrote:Of course, I'm going to add these in, seeing as the factions can fit the general Wesnoth setting without much 'interference', and they're quite balanced to start with. Maybe I'll skip a couple, but most of them will find their way in - I'm planning to expand this era as much as I'll be able to.

Edit: Your wish is my command, Austrian faction is ready for usage.
Thank you!