Battle for Westfront *WW2 Era in Early Period of War*

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sagez

Re: Battle for Westfront

Post by Sagez »

Haha! :lol2: Jeez, I'm blind, don't listen to me... I was looking at many colour photos/ movies and sometimes I saw those uniforms almost entirely as green, other times I though that they are more brown, lol. Maybe it depends on their version/ pattern and so on. It's something mixed like your splendid german feldgrau I think... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db05D3QoTsQ
One more thing: could you please add polish uhlans? Uhlans were awesome and they would be interesting. Very special unit.
Eastern Europe at War Co-Creator viewtopic.php?f=19&t=34418
"Neptune has finally wed Venus - even Gods can't screw around forever." L-F Céline
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

I'm just wondering about the balance issues. You see, forces in WWII were hardly balanced. Germans had a huge advantage, they lost because they were vastly outnumbered and Hitler begun losing his mind for good. So if you're looking for a pleasant gameplay, you might want to manipulate the facts and make it more even :wink:
Balace aside, your artwork is very impressive! Hope to see more coming :D
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Kanzil

Post by Kanzil »

I'm just wondering about the balance issues. You see, forces in WWII were hardly balanced. Germans had a huge advantage, they lost because they were vastly outnumbered and Hitler begun losing his mind for good.
I'd say it was the manpower of the Soviet Union, the industrial might of the US, the resilience of the British and the combined navies of Britain and the US that won the war. But that's just my view :) . Also, will there be ships in the add-on? They were an integral part of WW2. Also, I suggest you put the sprites in the Art Workshop for critique(if you want it, that is).
High over valleys in the red levelling rays -
In din of crowded streets, going among the years, the faces,
May I still meet my memory in so lonely a place
Between the streams and the red clouds, hearing the curlews, Hearing the horizons endure.
Ruglud

Post by Ruglud »

@Sagez: You dont believe it, but yes, the Uhlans will be the next unit for poland I will create. :)

@Dunno: We play a game and a game must be fair and balanced for all, so I will manipulate the facts. :wink: But I try to give any faction a character, so that they are different in playing.

Finally, thank you for your "praise". Its a big motivation! ^_^

@Kanzil: Ships are not planned at the moment. The mod is primary for Landforces. But pioneers with some kind of boat still knocking in my head. :mrgreen:
Wenn Unrecht zu Recht wird, wird Widerstand zur Pflicht!

Nerdguygaming.tumblr.com
Kanzil

Post by Kanzil »

But I try to give any faction a character, so that they are different in playing.
Definitely sounds interesting...I wonder what will make them unique...
Between the streams and the red clouds, hearing the curlews, Hearing the horizons endure.
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

By the way, you don't need to balance the factions in the same way. One faction could have really cheap units with bad stats.
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
Sagez

Post by Sagez »

An important point from me - those are real factions, real nations, not virtual dwarfs or orcs. People can easily get offended/ angry, if their nation will be portrayed in ''inappropriate'' way. One could for example think: * Polish army? Brave but lacking armor and vehicles, and those embarrassing horses, lol! Russians? Zerg rush. Italians?* Haha! I want to give up! * ...and so on. Or imagine having Wehrmacht and Waffen SS units at the same time - try to decide which is better/ should be cheaper to buy (I feel sorry for you :lol2: ). So controversial! So offensive, LOL! :lol2: Well, it is doable. It's a just a question of covers, prices, special skills... empathy (that's a joke). Life is offensive and history is offensive too. (Italians were actually awesome when you will think about their Decima Flottiglia MAShttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decima_Flottiglia_MAS )

Unique units? It is easy to do if you know history enough. For example finnish ski troops... german pioneers... polish uhlans... red army politicial commissars... :P
"Neptune has finally wed Venus - even Gods can't screw around forever." L-F Céline
Kanzil

Post by Kanzil »

I didn't mean it in that way(I have pretty good/very good understanding of WW2 and modern history in general), I was intrigued as to how he was going to portray each faction. For example, which faction would be the tanks(the dwarves), and which the cheap ones(like the northerners), e.t.c. As you said, it's a difficult job...however I'd say to stick to established history, as you can't go wrong with that.
Ruglud

Post by Ruglud »

Oh guys, so much to answer... :oops:

I have many ideas for every country, but thats are points for the (near) future. At the moment, I work on profiles for existing units and, of course, new Sprites for both factions.

The next sprites are:

German Leutnant as Commander
Polish Uhlans (Horseriders)

Look forward with pleasure to the next "releases". 8)

Nerdguygaming.tumblr.com
MLShax

Post by MLShax »

thank god, someone is finally making a WWII faction, thank you! the images look really good too
Ruglud

Post by Ruglud »

Thank you!

If someone can help me with the codes, write me a PM, please. I have some problems with my era.

Edit: Problems solved!
Last edited by Ruglud on August 22nd, 2012, 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nerdguygaming.tumblr.com
MLShax

Post by MLShax »

looks really fun, i will definitely download it, but shouldn't you add the US as a faction, they were a big part of the war in Europe too
Ruglud

Post by Ruglud »

@MLShax: But my Era occupied with the early period of the war. The americans joined later. :wink:

I finish the next two sprites. The german Leutnant or Commander and the Uhlan. The polish cavalry with great history. Hope you enjoy! ^_^

Finally you can find some new information about my era. Tell me if you like it (or not)

kind regards

Nerdguygaming.tumblr.com
Sagez

Post by Sagez »

Thanks! I absolutely love your Leutnant, his expression adds so much! It seems that you are getting better at drawing! I hope to see more units soon, because they look really nice. Will your era contain snipers?
Ruglud

Post by Ruglud »

Thank you Sagez! I try to do my job. ^_^ Snipers are not planned at the moment.

Nerdguygaming.tumblr.com