Extended Armies Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

BomSite

Re: Extended Armies Era

Post by BomSite »

We had missed the updates of Wesnoth,
so the 0.6.3 had to wait a while. Now it is finished.
It brings the promised mage to our Monster Horde, and some other bugfixes.

It will probably be the last version for Wesnoth 1.10, so we can spend all our resources on the 1.11 branch.
adr3n wrote:Is this still active? Any updates on this?
We would like, but it isn't possible for us to put a lot of time on it.
I'm in my last year of school, my end project takes all my time. And my brothers don't have much more time than me.
The time I have spend in this update, I have to catch up at night :s

But the project is surely not dead ;)
Last edited by BomSite on July 7th, 2013, 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bom(b)Site is the work of tree brothers: my work, his work and he has done work.

The result of that work is the Extended Armies Era: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=37358
adr3n

Post by adr3n »

its good to know that its still active 8)
hansondon

Post by hansondon »

Hey, I just noticed there is no Sky drake(lv2 Drake Glider) in the recruitment list of the drake faction of the extended age of heroes. Is this a bug? :hmm:
BomSite

Post by BomSite »

hansondon wrote:Is this a bug?
Thanks for reporting!
Looks like it is definitely a bug, it will be fixed in the future.
Bom(b)Site is the work of tree brothers: my work, his work and he has done work.

The result of that work is the Extended Armies Era: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=37358
BomSite

Post by BomSite »

Version 0.7.0 is out!
It's mostly a bugfix version, and some little balances in the units.
Currently we use the new images from the 1.11.x series, as far as they are ready in the game. (this means support for 1.10 is dropped)

@ hansondon
The skydrake is now in the recruitment list for EOH :) Sorry it did take some time.

---
We're working further to give the monster horde 'team colors' (but we are not artists, so it takes some time)

greenwiz29

Post by greenwiz29 »

I don't know why, but this add-on won't work for me. I keep getting this error message:
preprocessor symbol 'MISSILE_FRAME_MUZZLE_FLARE_MISS' expects 2 arguments, but has 0 arguments at
~add-ons/Extended_Armies_Era/units/dwarves/Dragonguard.cfg:81 included from ~add-ons/Extended_Armies_Era/_main.cfg:46
I get a similar error message for the War of the Gods add-on.
oh, and neither add-on shows up in the ~userdata/data/add-ons folder, even though they both show up in the in-game list of installed add-ons.

and for some reason, when I try to uninstall the add-on, it says it could not be deleted properly. Anyone have any idea why? (btw I have BfW 1.11.7)
BomSite

Post by BomSite »

greenwiz29 wrote: preprocessor symbol 'MISSILE_FRAME_MUZZLE_FLARE_MISS' expects 2 arguments, but has 0 arguments at
~add-ons/Extended_Armies_Era/units/dwarves/Dragonguard.cfg:81 included from ~add-ons/Extended_Armies_Era/_main.cfg:46
Thanks for reporting.
We are heavily dependent from the default units, which change a lot in the experimental 1.11.x series
As we had missed the 1.11.7 release, it wasn't compatible with this version. Now it is.

There are some changes planned in our add-on that should avoid such a problems,
but trouble is all our daily work demands our attention for now.
greenwiz29 wrote: oh, and neither add-on shows up in the ~userdata/data/add-ons folder, even though they both show up in the in-game list of installed add-ons.
and for some reason, when I try to uninstall the add-on, it says it could not be deleted properly. Anyone have any idea why?
I guess you are on Windows Vista/7/8? And you are not an administrator?
Try one of these locations, depending on your computer
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth 1.11.7\userdata\data\add-ons
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Battle for Wesnoth 1.11.7\userdata\data\add-ons
Or, if you have changed the preferences:
/USERNAME/My Games/Wesnoth 1.11/...

BomSite

Post by BomSite »

Version 0.7.1 is out.
The only changes is that it is compatible with Wesnoth 1.11.7 (and not below)
Our era's have a description in game, as is possible with 1.11.7+

BomSite

Post by BomSite »

Version 0.7.2 is released.
It only fixes more graphical issues related to 1.11.7:
-the spearman did disappear,
-the dwarvish fighter
-the dwarvish thunderer.

We will try to control every image before 1.12 is out, but we can't promise anything. :/

BomSite

Post by BomSite »

We're back online and running with version 1.0!
Here follows an extensive report of what is done:

In this version we have made the astonishing achievement of cleaning out a lot of units in our add-on (in one weekend), but the bad thing is you probably won't see anything of it :D

Because we heavily depend on the default units, we now use the structure

Code: Select all

[unit_type]
	id=EAE Our invisible unit id
	[base_unit]
		id=default unit name
	[/base_unit]
	changed parameter=changed parameter value (if one)
[/unit_type]
It allows the use of original in-game units for a large part of our 271 units, in stead of duplicating them all with all their data. So all data that was a duplicate from the default program is removed. This is important, not only because it reduces the file size, but also because we don't have the time to update our add-on continually. Now when an update of Wesnoth is released, the units may change, our add-on stays operational.
Beside this, everyone can always look back to the original in-game unit with its original attack numbers.
Also, the translation will become far more better, because we use the default translations.

Further changes are:
-Added:
Daemon Stalker, Daemon Assassin, to add an skirmisher to this army.
Orcish Nightblade, Orcish Shaman, Orcish Warlock, Orcish Sorcerer to have some healers in this army.
Outlaw Shaman, Outlaw Wizard, Outlaw Sorcerer to have some healers in this army.
The maps Circular: a map to break out, and Colosseum low houses: a variant of our Colosseum map, but with not so many houses :)
-Races:
We have renamed all races, so they have a prefix 'EAE_'
this was necessairy to make a distinction between the original units and our add-on. Now we can find our units in-game and better test it out.
-Renames:
Drake Druid is now Drake Shaman and Drake Master Druid is now Drake Druid, as is also in the elve race.

As long as the Khalifate units are under development, we will not adapt them in our factions. But this is surely planned for the future :)

We have some questions:
-Who can direct us to information about translating an add-on? We find a lot about translating wesnoth, but about add-ons, it is somewhat vague...
-Is there something like [base_race], just like there is [base_unit]? This would it make it easier to make little changes to the races...
-what does this mean? It is in some units, but not in all. And it seems to do nothing when we edit it.

Code: Select all

#ifdef ENABLE_DWARVISH_RUNESMITH
	[advancefrom]
		unit=Dwarvish Fighter
	[/advancefrom]
-Which maps do our users like the most? And why? We have plans to create more :)

All this work is done without losing the balance in our factions. 1.0.0 did bring some huge changes in the code... Last days we have tested the stability of the renewed code. Would everyone be so friendly to report any bugs (faults) that escaped trough our bug-testing?

Many thanks!

Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

-Who can direct us to information about translating an add-on? We find a lot about translating wesnoth, but about add-ons, it is somewhat vague...
If you had set translate=true in your PBL file, then your add-on would appear here: https://github.com/wescamp. Download the po files for the language you want to translate your add-on into and then send your updates to the forum members monitoring Wescamp.
-Is there something like [base_race], just like there is [base_unit]? This would it make it easier to make little changes to the races...
Nope, there's no tag like that. You can make a new race though...
-what does this mean? It is in some units, but not in all. And it seems to do nothing when we edit it.
That's for SP only, for enabling extra advancements like Troll Whelps can advance to Troll Shamans as a third option. It does nothing for multiplayer. However, if you enable the [advancefrom] tags in MP, then OOS errors would arise and might result in your add-on getting deleted from the server.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
BomSite

Post by BomSite »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: If you had set translate=true in your PBL file, then your add-on would appear here: https://github.com/wescamp. Download the po files for the language you want to translate your add-on into and then send your updates to the forum members monitoring Wescamp.
Thanks! I will have a look at this when it is day again.
Lord-Knightmare wrote:Nope, there's no tag like that. You can make a new race though...
New race is done :) It is only a pity we have a lot of code duplicated from the default races… Nothing to do against this :p
Lord-Knightmare wrote:That's for SP only, for enabling extra advancements like Troll Whelps can advance to Troll Shamans as a third option. It does nothing for multiplayer. However, if you enable the [advancefrom] tags in MP, then OOS errors would arise and might result in your add-on getting deleted from the server.
Ok, thanks! Then we can trust those lines, knowing they will not interfere with our own code :D

BomSite

Post by BomSite »

Version 1.1.0 is online.
It brings support for the full khalifate faction, and fixes some bugs.

We know it has taken a long time, but real life is also asking much :hmm: (and is will not become easier).

Enjoy!
As always, we are glad to hear if you find any bugs.

BomSite

Post by BomSite »

Today we release version 1.1.5.
It contains maintenance fixes, balance issues and new deamon zombies to play with ;)

Have fun!

Glxblt76

Post by Glxblt76 »

Is this extension still maintained?

I tried to add it to 1.17 but it doesn't seem to recognize the file...