Lands of Corruption issues...

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Drakefriend

Lands of Corruption issues...

Post by Drakefriend »

As I could not find any thread about this add-on at this forum, I open this thread.

While I enjoy the Era, I want to report this bug:
Nomads and Pirates with the Armoured trait receive more than 100% against all LoC-damage types, I think more 115% to physical and 105% against magic (so the intended increase +100%).
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
Temuchin Khan

Re: Lands of Corruption issues...

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Drakefriend wrote:As I could not find any thread about this add-on at this forum, I open this thread.

While I enjoy the Era, I want to report this bug:
Nomads and Pirates with the Armoured trait receive more than 100% against all LoC-damage types, I think more 115% to physical and 105% against magic (so the intended increase +100%).
Interesting. I've had a similar problem with indeterminated era, but with normal Wesnoth damage types and only, it seems, when the units level up. The units could have been from any of four or five different eras originally, and don't seem to have this problem when I play them in their original eras.

Maybe we can get a better sense for this problem if we figure out which add-ons we both have. Do you have indeterminated era, Lua Globals, Conquest, TCG Era, or Custom Campaign? I'm trying to figure out if one or more of those eras could be responsible. It's just a hunch, but I'd like to test it.
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

My add-ons according to the delete list
*Heroic Last Stand (it also shows a message that this add-on had invalid WML on loading any map)
*2p Campaign Battle System
*AI-Demos
*A New Land Classic
*A Vision Blinded
*Adrian Survival
*Ageless Era
*Archery Training
*Augu Eras
*Battle
*Birth of A Lich
*Bob's RPG Era
*Brave Wings
*Burning Souls
*Chaotic Era
*Collosseum; C. edit; C. fast
*Considerate Dead
*County of Berchlingen
*Chris Random Map
*Wild Era; Dreams of Urduk
*Dugi Resource Pack
*Eastern Europe at War
*Empires IPS
*Era Khaliphate
*Era of Explicite Economy
*Era of Ilthan; The Desert Prince
*Era of Myths
*Era of Magic
*Era of Invasions
*Era of Legends
*Era of Music
*Five Fates
*FourSquared
*Free Goblins
*Great Legends Era; GLE Extended
*Gobo Wars
*Golbeezes Maps
*Imperial Era;
*LOTE unit release
*Lands of Corruption
*Magic Wars
*NX-RPG
*Nightmares of Meloen
*Nosmos Survival Pack
*OrociaRandomMod
*Pack Sapient
*PapaSmurf MP Maps
*Quest of Wesnoth
*Quetzacoatls Maps
*RPG AMLA Era
*Rebellion in the North
*Return of the Monster
*Red MP Maps
*SXCollection
*Skele Survival
*Story about Drakes
*Swamplings
*Swiftys Survival
*The Aragwaithi
*The Earth's Guts
*The Fall of Trent
*The Fellowship of the Clay
*Trapped
*UMC Music
*War of Chaos
*Wings of Victory
*deathmatch new
*fka era
*vs survival
While looking through the list: Maybe at least in my case, it is due to having both War of Chaos and Lands of Corruption, as the latter is the author's second try on former and both use a costom damage type list with is in part shared, but sometimes differing, as well as special traits.
PS: This did not work
It also seems to be connected to the movetype, for example, a unit with bardfoot (nomad movetype) seems to work, but units with nomadfoot have more than 100% against LOC damage. Without this trait, only the default resistances are displayed.

PPS: The error appears to be that there are different movetypes sharing a name, for example "nomadfoot" is also used by the Equestrians of mercenaries era (via Ageless Era), which indeed has the resistances displayed by the defect nomads (-20% arcane, 10% pierce, else normal, and of course no LoC resistances).
So it seems to be nothing but the old "id=fighter" problem.
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Drakefriend wrote:It also seems to be connected to the movetype, for example, a unit with bardfoot (nomad movetype) seems to work, but units with nomadfoot have more than 100% against LOC damage. Without this trait, only the default resistances are displayed.

PPS: The error appears to be that there are different movetypes sharing a name, for example "nomadfoot" is also used by the Equestrians of mercenaries era (via Ageless Era), which indeed has the resistances displayed by the defect nomads (-20% arcane, 10% pierce, else normal, and of course no LoC resistances).
So it seems to be nothing but the old "id=fighter" problem.
That sounds like a reasonable explanation. Maybe that's also why it happened with indeterminated era, which would bring together units from many different eras.
Azeal

Post by Azeal »

Drakefriend's explanation seems to make sense, I have not experienced this problem. To fix this I will rename all my movetypes. I should probably make a topic for the Era soon...

UPDATE: I have made a page for the Era now, if you come across any other bugs or incompatibilities with other Era's I would appreciate your input =) thank you for pointing this one out.