Heroes

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TheScribe

Heroes

Post by TheScribe »

I got tired of leveling up a unit and then it's just as good as my leader. So in an era I'm creating your leader is from a list of heroes that start at level 2 and go to level 5. A hero is slightly better than a standard unit of the same level. The heroes I decided on are listed below. What I'm looking for is a good description of the heroes listed. Also, if you have a better notable figure from a mainline campaign to replace one of the listed people I'm open to suggestions.

Loyalists:
  • Camerin
  • Konrad
  • Deoran
  • Gweddry(EI)
  • Tallin
  • Sister Theresa
Rebels:
  • Kalenz
  • Eryssa
  • Sisal
  • Elurin
  • Erlornas
  • Haralamdum(HttT)
Knalgan Alliance:
  • Hamel
  • Angarthing
  • Relgorn
  • Rugnur
  • Thursagan
  • Durstorn
Northerners:
  • Kapou'e
  • Grüü
  • Vrag
  • Rakshas
  • Marth Tak
Drakes:
  • Krash(NR)
  • Keh Ohn(HttT)
  • Inarix(SotBE)
Undead:
  • Abhai(NR)
  • Lionel(HttT)
  • Malin Keshar(DiD)
  • Darken Volk(DiD)
  • Death Knight(name later)
  • Penna(DM)

EDIT: Changed the names to the mainline faction names, to simplify it. Might change it back later...
Last edited by TheScribe on October 12th, 2012, 7:00 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
beshead0

Re: Heroes

Post by beshead0 »

for the undead faction you could use Gwiti Ha'atel. For the drakes you would have to look through some drake umc.

Seems like a good idea. If you did it well, I would probably spend a bunch of time finding out what stuff lvled into.
you know
the person
who does the things
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Could be a very interesting concept depending on how it was implemented, I look forward to seeing where this might go.
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

Also, you might like to have at least one mage witht he "men" (loyalists), at least one wose with the "elves" (rebels), at least one troll with the "orcs" (northies), at least one or two outlaws with the "dwarves" (knalgans), etc. Drakes, don't forget to put in a saurian or two. Undeads, try to have not only liches, but also at least a death knight and a ghost.

I am not very knowledgeable of campaign units, so I can't help on that front. Ennemy heroes can probably be used too, though, especially for drakes/saurians/undeads/trolls.
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny - Frank Zappa
Current projects: Internet meme Era, The Settlers of Wesnoth
TheCripple

Post by TheCripple »

For undead the obvious contender is Malin Keshar.
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

Dixie wrote:Also, you might like to have at least one mage witht he "men" (loyalists), at least one wose with the "elves" (rebels), at least one troll with the "orcs" (northies), at least one or two outlaws with the "dwarves" (knalgans), etc. Drakes, don't forget to put in a saurian or two. Undeads, try to have not only liches, but also at least a death knight and a ghost.

I am not very knowledgeable of campaign units, so I can't help on that front. Ennemy heroes can probably be used too, though, especially for drakes/saurians/undeads/trolls.
The RoM does have a mage: Camerin. Yeah, I thought about Delfador, but didn't really want a bunch of people from HttT, so I picked from multiple campaigns.

I just thought of a Wose that could be used, from HttT. I haven't yet seen a Troll mainline yet that has dialouge and people would know. I didn't really think about outlaws, and will look into it soon. Drakes and Undead haven't been fully put in yet, so I'm open to any suggestions. And since there isn't a mainline Drake campaign I'd really appreciate any help from that aspect.

And yes, I have used some enemy heros.
For the drakes you would have to look through some drake umc.
I'm only using mainline. I've got Krash from NR and will use the drake leader from HttT. (Can't quite place his name)
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
Kanzil

Post by Kanzil »

There is definitely a mainline troll; Grog from UtBS is the main contender. He even has his own campaign-the Sojournings of Grog. For the Saurians there is Inarix, from Son of the Black-Eye .
High over valleys in the red levelling rays -
In din of crowded streets, going among the years, the faces,
May I still meet my memory in so lonely a place
Between the streams and the red clouds, hearing the curlews, Hearing the horizons endure.
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

Dixie wrote:Also, you might like to have at least one mage witht he "men" (loyalists), at least one wose with the "elves" (rebels), at least one troll with the "orcs" (northies), at least one or two outlaws with the "dwarves" (knalgans), etc. Drakes, don't forget to put in a saurian or two. Undeads, try to have not only liches, but also at least a death knight and a ghost.

The list has already a troll leader, Grüü.
Woses: Rithrandiel (tRoW) or Ur-Thorodor (DM).
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
beshead0

Post by beshead0 »

if you are only using mainline, you could use Lich-Lord Jevyan for undead and Kai krellis for a merman hero.
you know
the person
who does the things
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

After a quick look, the only drake/saurian leaders I could find are on the list. Did I miss some, or is that all there is?
The list has already a troll leader, Grüü.
Wow, I forgot he was in there... :oops:
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

As the undead aren't often named, I searched the mainline campaigns, but couldn't find a named unit from the skeleton archer line or the ghoul line. If there is one, please let me know. Otherwise, does what's there sound good?
Xudo

Post by Xudo »

TheScribe wrote:As the undead aren't often named, I searched the mainline campaigns, but couldn't find a named unit from the skeleton archer line or the ghoul line. If there is one, please let me know. Otherwise, does what's there sound good?
Isn't it weird to seek "named heroes" between soulless creatures? They are animated bodies.
Seek out deathkinghts, liches, necromancers and so on.

EDIT: Leader role suits for ghost line too.
Last edited by Xudo on July 20th, 2012, 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
alluton

Post by alluton »

Yeah but players might want other leaders aswell. And would be better to have named leader.
"This game cured me of my real life addiction."
-Flameslash
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

I found plenty of named undead and necromancers that were named, but as alluton said, the player might want other leaders.

Sadly, there are no mainline named skeleton archer types or ghouls that I know of...

Actually, do you think it would be a problem if I took a death knight and gave him a bow? (starting lower level of course)

P.S. Yes, they are animated bodies, but they once had names...
Xudo

Post by Xudo »

TheScribe wrote:Actually, do you think it would be a problem if I took a death knight and gave him a bow? (starting lower level of course)
Never heard about any mainline DK with a bow.

If you still want to use it, choose crossbow (human leaders uses it widely)

Once they had names, but I always thought it is considered as "new endless life" without any past.
Last edited by Xudo on July 20th, 2012, 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.