Heroes

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kanzil

Re: Heroes

Post by Kanzil »

The first death knight that springs to mind is Lionel. Also, seeing as Sir Garrick and Deoran are from the same campaign why not have Gweddry instead?
High over valleys in the red levelling rays -
In din of crowded streets, going among the years, the faces,
May I still meet my memory in so lonely a place
Between the streams and the red clouds, hearing the curlews, Hearing the horizons endure.
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

xudojnik wrote:
TheScribe wrote:Actually, do you think it would be a problem if I took a death knight and gave him a bow? (starting lower level of course)
Never heard about any mainline DK with a bow.
That's because there isn't one. I just thought it might be better than some generic guy.

And the crossbow would be better, thanks for the suggestion.
Kanzil wrote:The first death knight that springs to mind is Lionel. Also, seeing as Sir Garrick and Deoran are from the same campaign why not have Gweddry instead?
Same here about Lionel. That's why I used him.

Who exactly is Gweddry? Which would he replace? (Haven't played EI yet)
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
Kanzil

Post by Kanzil »

Gweddry would replace Sir Garrick, who is a relatively peripheral character. Gweddry is a promising officer, sent to re-man the River-guard posts, at the behest of the king, along with Dacyn. He is driven into the northern wilds by an unprecedented undead invasion, which he returns and defeats in the epic siege of Weldyn, and the duel thereafter. He is made Earl of the Estmark by the king in recognition of his service.
Between the streams and the red clouds, hearing the curlews, Hearing the horizons endure.
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

Does he have leadership? If so then yeah, he'll be put in.
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
Kanzil

Post by Kanzil »

He's a lieutenant so yes, he does have leadership.
Creativity

Post by Creativity »

TheScribe wrote: That's because there isn't one. I just thought it might be better than some generic guy.

And the crossbow would be better, thanks for the suggestion.

Who exactly is Gweddry? Which would he replace? (Haven't played EI yet)
The death knight has a crossbow.
http://units.wesnoth.org/1.10/mainline/ ... night.html
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

Perfect, to both.
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

I've been working on stats, even with the lack of Drake leaders. The Loyalist leaders' stats are included in the spoilers below. Please help with balancing. :)

Camerin:
Spoiler:
Konrad:
Spoiler:

Deoran:
Spoiler:
Gweddry:
Spoiler:
Tallin:
Spoiler:

Sister Thera:
Spoiler:
I made Tallin go through the pikeman line, as it was the most needed. (already had leadership and blade)

EDIT: ignore the costs, they're irrelevant
Last edited by TheScribe on August 27th, 2012, 4:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
taptap

Post by taptap »

Your Camerin is in fact weaker than a normal Great Mage line unit. And are you sure you really want L5 leadership? (Fate of a Princess has one such scenario for fun, but for a good reasons you can't recall any of the units used there.)
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

Camerin's weaker? I thought I fixed that...

Okay, I'll change that. And yes, lvl5 leadership is a little overpowered, but your leader is supposed to be really good. Thanks for the feedback, and I'd appreciate any other comments.
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

A quick comparison of Camerin to the Great Mage line:

Camerin lvl2 has 6 more hitpoints than the Red Mage, and has one more damage on his ranged attack. (also requires less XP)

Camerin lvl3 has 2 more hitpoints than the Arch Mage, and has 9 - 5 on his ranged, as opposed to 12 - 4, equaling less damage. I'll change it to 10 - 5.

Camerin lvl4 has 4 more hitpoints than the Great Mage, and has 11 - 5 on his ranged, as opposed to 16 - 4, equaling less damage. I'll change it to 13 - 5. He also has a stronger melee.

No lvl5 to compare to. I'll change it's ranged to 12 - 6, to make it correct with the lvl4. I edited the old post as such. Thanks.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

Isn't Konrad supposed to have a bow or something? Or did you leave that out intentionally? Similarly, the original Deoran has a mace, not a sword. Again, no idea whether this change was intentional.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

About Deoran, accident. (I combined him with the guy from TSG)

About Konrad, similar accident, though it's a crossbow, and gets added as later. :doh:

I'll edit those changes in too.
tuggyne

Post by tuggyne »

You've got some unfortunate RIPLIB violations here, mostly reducing damage while increasing strikes. (Bolded selections below.) Deoran's is particularly bad; his blade attack at level 3 is not only worse in some cases, but is hardly ever better; for that matter, why does his damage go up so very slowly?
TheScribe wrote:Camerin:
Lvl4: 13 – 5 ranged (fire) (magical)
Lvl5: 12 – 6 ranged (fire) (magical)

Konrad:
Lvl2: 9 - 4 melee (blade)
Lvl3: 8 - 5 melee (blade)

Lvl4: 7 - 1 ranged (pierce)
Lvl5: 5 - 2 ranged (pierce)

Deoran:
Lvl2: 5 – 4 melee (blade)
Lvl3: 4 – 5 melee (blade)

Gweddry:
Lvl4: 15 – 1 ranged (pierce)
Lvl5: 10 – 2 ranged (pierce)

Tallin:
Lvl3: 23 - 2 melee (pierce) (firststrike)
Lvl4: 20 - 3 melee (pierce) (firststrike)

Sister Theresa:
Lvl2: 6 - 1 melee (impact)
9 – 3 ranged (arcane) (magical)
Lvl3: 8 - 1 melee (impact)
7 – 4 ranegd (arcane) (magical)
Lvl4: 7 - 2 melee (impact)
9 – 4 ranged (arcane) (magical)
Lvl5: 6 - 3 melee (impact)
10 – 5 ranged (arcane) (magical)
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

Without covering any of the specific cases here, I'll point out that reducing damage while increasing strikes is not a reduction in power level (and is in fact something of an improvement) if the product of damage and strikes has increased.

For example, 7-1 to 5-2 (as with Konrad's level 4 to level 5) fits this: damage potential goes up from 7 to 10.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.