Water Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

franz_mp

Water Era

Post by franz_mp »

Hi! My name is franz. Id like to introduce my add-on. Its a multiplayer era called "Water Era".
Here's a short story of this era. After ages of great wars and collapse of civization of Wesnoth, a horrifying cataclysm has came. A Huge asteroid has fallen on this land and bring an earthquake. After this a great wave has flooded almost the whole continent. Only few survived that cataclysm and now they must fight for their lifes...
This era has 6 factions: Nagas, Mermans, People, Water Elvish, Brungar and Sea Monsters.

Link to the era of:http://speedy.sh/WrSff/Water-Era.zip
Water Age version 1.8.8,2 BfW 1.13.
Telchin

Re: Water Era

Post by Telchin »

As a creator of a water-based campaign I offer that you might use some custom units from my campaign if you like. However, I'm not sure if they would fit in your era as their graphics are mostly just frankensteined mainline sprites.
franz_mp

Post by franz_mp »

franz_mp

Post by franz_mp »

The latest version is 0.7.6 era now. There are a lot of changes, completed factions, I hope you enjoy the game.
Water Era...
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

To be honest, the Mermanus looks like a cross between a brawler and Batman...

I don't know if that's intentional or not...
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
franz_mp

Post by franz_mp »

This is one Mermanus flying fish.
axefighterr

Post by axefighterr »

Hi everyone, it's my first post. Franz suggested me to make a naga, so i made it. How it looks?
Attachments
Old and simple
Old and simple
hunter.png (4.78 KiB) Viewed 8933 times
Simply recoulored.
Simply recoulored.
fighter.png (3.16 KiB) Viewed 8945 times
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Merman its not a naga lol... :mrgreen:
Last edited by ChaosRider on October 3rd, 2013, 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
axefighterr

Post by axefighterr »

I posted naga only at first, but then i remembered that i have one simple merfolk franken, so I simply uploaded it without changing the post, Mr Chaos :eng:
franz_mp

Post by franz_mp »

Black naga is ok, only the shield no necessary and arms should be gun in two hands.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Looks good the era, but I hope the era contains some maps to be played on this era because default maps aren't ballanced for full water factions.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
franz_mp

Post by franz_mp »

Of course they are special to the era of the map.
Enchanteur

Post by Enchanteur »

I have downloaded files in the 1.11 add-on server.
It don't work.
Many filename with space in units directory.
Don't release it if it's not tested and clean, please.
French Player. For now, I'm working on creation of abilitys and units with WML. My goal is to make an enhanced version of Elves, playable with standard campains. HERE : http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 58&start=0
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Enchanteur wrote:I have downloaded files in the 1.11 add-on server.
It don't work.
Many filename with space in units directory.
Don't release it if it's not tested and clean, please.
Enchanteur, we will give franz time to address the issue, but if he does not respond, the add-on will be removed. Thank you for bringing this issue up, broken add-ons should never be placed on the server.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Enchanteur

Post by Enchanteur »

In fact I'm not sure the problem is coming from the era.
I reported similar issue for another mod.
It's a problem with the last release of BfW (1.11.15). I don't know why, maybe it's a problem with a non stable version, or something change about UMC in last dev release (new rules : no space in filename ?).
I reported same problem in the Modified World Conquest' mod.
But creator of the mod tell me that the mod was Ok with 1.11.8. And well, he was not very happy because I tell him he didn't test his work. But he tested it well in 1.11.x but before 1.11.15. So I was a bit disapointed, because this guy do a very good work.
I tested the mod in 1.10 stable version, and the mod work well.

It was a bad day for me, because I've installed 1.11.15 and tested a lot of UMC, and many of umc don't work for same reasons. I was thinking at first there was a problem, and people just post new version for 1.11.X without test it, but I was wrong. It's more complicated.
French Player. For now, I'm working on creation of abilitys and units with WML. My goal is to make an enhanced version of Elves, playable with standard campains. HERE : http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 58&start=0