Semi historical faction

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mauricepiesligeros

Re: Semi historical faction

Post by mauricepiesligeros »

By the way, I found the thread:

http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=34336

Well, it seems that sprites can be used, and we know who the author (for the credits). We could have English, French, and a faction generic (this) to create a scenario EEaW style, for the hundred years war ... only an idea (a great idea maybe).

My idea was born that way. I created a map for the reconquest of Spain for 5 players: Castile, Portugal, Navarre, Aragon and Almohad Empire (with its capital in Cordoba). I used the package "world war era" to test my map, but the factions were historically inappropriate. My first idea was to create a standard faction to represent generically any European kingdom Christian. So the color scheme of my units. Another possibility that I am meditating is to create several factions from this. In "18thCentury_MP_Era" there are many generic units, and some specific to absolutists and liberals (imperialist and revolutionary). Following this scheme, with some extra work, i can create specific features for almost any country in the Middle Ages ...

In any case, I will continue with the basic faction to test, and we'll see where it leads to this idea. I want to clarify that for me any ideas and feedback is good, if it takes own life, I accept ALL suggestions.

PS: if anyone wants to see the map that created this (unfinished, missing names, and can be fine tuned):
XIII Century Spain.zip
(2.41 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
unzip and put it in ... / editor / maps
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

mauricepiesligeros wrote:My idea was born that way. I created a map for the reconquest of Spain for 5 players: Castile, Portugal, Navarre, Aragon and Almohad Empire (with its capital in Cordoba).
If your original idea was for an era based on the Reconquista, then go for it! Why not?
Gwynnedrion

Post by Gwynnedrion »

An era based Reconquista would be nice to play. dubs on Granada.
”Rise, adept, and tell me about the enemy.”

You are a Horseman: you charge ahead without thinking of the consequences.(80%)
mauricepiesligeros

Actually the idea is not only the Spanish reconquest. As I mentioned before, I have in mind several scenarios (w. wallace, robin hood, the 100 years war, Viking raids ...). As I mentioned, I'm a beginner, so I want to begin by discrete and affordable objectives. For now I will do this faction that can serve to start.

People, I sincerely thank your interest! :D
Gwynnedrion

Post by Gwynnedrion »

Well, I am interested because it is a great idea. And if I can help with anything, I'd gladly do so.
”Rise, adept, and tell me about the enemy.”

You are a Horseman: you charge ahead without thinking of the consequences.(80%)
mauricepiesligeros

Well, my friends. I have had a serious fault with my pc, I lost some information and the machine. Until I have a new pc I can not work on this, sorry. The project is stopped but not canceled. When I can continue I will let you know. Thanks for your ideas and your interest.