Marvel/DC Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

EthanTheRed

Marvel/DC Era

Post by EthanTheRed »

Hi guys. I'm new to the board and to Wesnoth and I have no idea how to create eras or anything fancy like that. My friends and I are avid heroscape players and we play strictly with custom Marvel/DC units. My question is would it be possible/has anyone created a Marvel or DC era? Thanks.
EthanTheRed

Re: Marvel/DC Era

Post by EthanTheRed »

and I apologize if this has been asked before.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

A few of things:

1. Don't double post.
2. Wrong forum.
3. I don't think anyone has made one.
4. Even if you do make one, you wouldn't be able to distribute it via the wesnoth forums or add-on server.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
HomerJ

Post by HomerJ »

Pentarctagon wrote: 4. Even if you do make one, you wouldn't be able to distribute it via the wesnoth forums or add-on server.
Because of copyright issues.

Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!
TheGreatRings

Post by TheGreatRings »

Yes. Copyright concerns and the developers not wanting to get sued means you won't be able to distribute such a thing through official channels.

That said, in theory its an awesome idea. I've wanted to do a generic superhuman era for some time, but the scope of the project has thus far proved to be beyond my skill and energy to accomplish (creating a Marvel/DC era would likely prove similarily difficult in terms of all the coding and new artwork it would require). You would need new units, new terrain, etc. Not impossible, but a lot of effort to make.
"One man alone cannot fight the future"-
The X-files

"Send these foul beasts into the abyss"-Gandalf
someone

Post by someone »

My brother and I are actually currently working on a Marvel Era of our own (That we don't intend to distribute of course). It is indeed a challenging project, but I've found it to be great learning experience, and fun too! I would strongly suggest learning WML and try something for yourself, even if you can't make your superhero era.
Expanding Wesnoth

You are an Arch Mage - You're definitely intelligent, but some people would say you spend too much time inside. The power you have learned, however, is simply unmatched.