Eastern Europe at War (EEaW) - 2.2 for 1.15! We need feedback

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Can-ned_Food

Re: Eastern Europe at War (EEaW) - 2.1 for 1.14!

Post by Can-ned_Food »

Oh, I'm sorry! No, I don't know much about history of the add-on revisions.
I haven't played it against the computer nor another human player, so I don't know much about any unbalancing introduced with revisions.

Also … maybe my reply seems too antagonistic. I don't know if you thought so or not, but good to see that you ignored it anyway.

As for a Fortify ability … yes, the Wesnoth engine really cannot do something like that. A Civ-type game could, but not this.

Maybe these efforts would be better directed to modding FreeCiv or something. :)
Hejnewar

Post by Hejnewar »

Will there be a version for 1.15/1.16?
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Yes :)
Hejnewar

Post by Hejnewar »

inferno8 wrote: March 2nd, 2020, 5:19 pmYes :)
Glad to hear but...

Will it be playable this time? I mean currently it's mostly ability reading simulator for new and "find better thing simulator" for old players (not like there are any players at this point).

To not only complain I will say that I can help, I don't have that much time but I am confident in my current abilities and tools as long as I dont have to deal with units with 6 abilities and 5 specials that is but it's understandable that you might not have time for that tho.
Rafiz

Post by Rafiz »

I think Swedish ships are plain broken... It's not just complaining, I understand Sweden was naval power at the time, but their ships are not balanced. Swedish ship III cost 60 gold, highest attack deals up to about ~70(?) damage (and also with slow, which is very strong ability!) vs Polish ship III costing 50 gold and dealing up to 40(?) damage with top attack. I'm not going to even mention higher hp, more options of attacks and muskets to kill everything by going ham on land, but this "top" attack alone should make them 3* more expensive than polish ship III. If you want Swedish to be naval power, make it cost 100. It will be only "strong" at that cost (and I believe it will easily beat 2 ships for 50 gold even when fighting them both at once) in current state with current cost - it is brutally OP.

7hp, 4 attack unit isn't just 2 times stonger than 4hp, 2 attack unit. It's about 4* stronger. - here 80hp, 6*15a (+s) isn't just 20-30% stronger than 70hp 5*10a. I would say it's about ~120-150% stronger (if not more) - so I argue 100% higher price still wouldn't make it bad choice. I would go for 100g ship IIIs if I was sweden.

In my mod I decrease damage by ~30-40% when I add slow ability, here strongest attack come together with slow ability...

Perhaps it's strongly not recommended to play with higher lvl ships unlocked, but no option should be game breaking and this option is game breaking.

Regalskeppet for 80 gold... Isn't even worth of talking.... It should cost a minimum of 200g.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Eastern Europe at War 2.2 is now available!

The major addition this time is the raw translation file, so it is finally possible to translate the add-on to different languages.

For translators: to start translating, download the add-on and navigate to <add-ons folder>\translations where you will find the previously mentioned raw translation file. You can use software like PoEdit to do the job easily. Once the translation is ready you can contact us developers here in this topic or via PM. :eng:

The new version is available for both BfW 1.14 and 1.15. Enjoy! :)

@Hejnewar: we understand that EEaW gameplay mechanics are quite different from what people would expect coming from the vanilla game, but we did that on purpose. Nevertheless I partially agree to some statements claiming EEaW abilities and weapon specials can be overwhelming at times. That's why I am thinking about implementing a Lite version of the add-on for those who prefer simplicity. I haven't discussed this with other developers yet, but in my opinion it would be a nice addition especially for casual players, while more demanding or hardcore ones would stick with the original.

@Rafiz: we discussed your suggestions but we haven't reached an agreement yet so no changes at the moment. It would be great if other players commented your observations.

EEaW needs more feedback! We need your opinion about the add-on, really. The more people are involved in balancing it, the better the add-on can become in the future. Give us examples of what needs to be improved and why. Constructive criticism is always welcome. We may not respond straight away, but we do note all your findings and suggestions :)