Eastern Europe at War (EEaW) - now on GitHub!

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sagez

Re: Eastern Europe at War (EEaW) - 1.10 is OUT! SUMMER UPDAT

Post by Sagez »

I must say that it's good to see that there are people interested in EEaW! Still waiting for those reviews though - keep in mind that you don't have to play EEaW with AI, you can find players at wesnoth.com.pl (polish BfW fansite but we speak english). You're welcome!

So please give us feedback if you can and we will try to give you a better EEaW! Remember, we will release a new faction soon!

Right now we're working on artillery and warships. Speaking of warships, currently the player can damage the sails of enemy ship (anti-sail attacks), but there are more attacks and effects coming soon:

burning - burning ships can't fire their cannons (gunpowder can explode!) and they take damage (5) every turn till the fire will be extinguished (5 turns or 1 turn spent in a village/ port). Or they will just burn and sink.
sinking - a ship that is sinking takes a lot of damage (8) per turn and deals half of the usual damage. Sinking ship must return to the village/port to be repaired or... it will sink.

Burning and sinking can stack. So ships may have their sails damaged, they can burn and they can be sinking. Awesome, don't you think? It will make the game more tactical. Aimed shots that can set on fire or start sinking will deal very little damage, but they will force the enemy retreat. This will give you new opportunities and a better balance overall.

So EEaW has the best naval combat in wesnoth I guess, I'm not exaggerating.
Last edited by Bitron on December 18th, 2017, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit - colours are reserved for moderators
Eastern Europe at War Co-Creator viewtopic.php?f=19&t=34418
"Neptune has finally wed Venus - even Gods can't screw around forever." L-F Céline
Sagez

Post by Sagez »

Naval Combat II is there! Version 1.11 is OUT!

This time we deliver:

- One new Tatar unit, a diver that can hide under water and wreak havoc with his ''sabotaging'' abilities
- Ships can now burn and sink and there are graphical effects for that
- Field hospitals got deleted, now medics can raise special tents when standing in the villages! So hurt and heal! Lock and load!
- aaaand wait for it, as it is BIG - Animations! Units should have dodge animation now, as well as cannons firing and warships burning, sinking...
- And a lot of bugfixes. we're dedicated pr0fessional bugstompers basically and they're all dead

There is more coming soon. I'd love to see your feedback in the meantime. Mean? No, we're kind, alright? In the kindtime - kind time is the right time!
Have fun playing EEaW.
"Neptune has finally wed Venus - even Gods can't screw around forever." L-F Céline
Sagez

Post by Sagez »

You can expect the *new faction* to be out in this year. Stay tuned for more EEaW news.
_Queen_

Re: Eastern Europe at War (EEaW) - NEW FACTION IS COMING!

Post by _Queen_ »

I wonder what it is.

Only Prussia comes to my mind when it comes to more Eastern European countries. Denmark? Venetia? Maybe France. Hihi!~

I'm can't wait to see what you are going to present us~
Transfermium

Post by Transfermium »

_Queen_ wrote:I wonder what it is.

Only Prussia comes to my mind when it comes to more Eastern European countries. Denmark? Venetia? Maybe France. Hihi!~

It's actually pretty obvious if you can recognise the blazon on the faction select page.
But yes, I too am intrigued towards what units they will have.
I have not brought you freedom, I found it here among you.
-Gjergj Kastrioti Skanderbeg
_Queen_

Post by _Queen_ »

Transfermium wrote:
_Queen_ wrote:I wonder what it is.

It's actually pretty obvious if you can recognise the blazon on the faction select page.
But yes, I too am intrigued towards what units they will have.
I looked up for white flag with red eagle and indeed, surprise is not a surprise anymore. I think creator shouldn't put coat of arms if he wanted to make sure no one will guess.
Sagez

Post by Sagez »

Yes, it is officially confirmed now that Brandenburgers-Prussians are marching towards us!
Sagez

Post by Sagez »

It is done, you can download the new EEaW version - EEaW 2.0 - which adds a completely new faction: Brandenburg-Prussia.

Some of the players wanted it from the very beginning of the era, so here it is, others probably will find Prussia cool for whatever reasons.

Brandenburg-Prussia - This lawful nation is based on strict discipline and excellent organisation. Prussian main strenght is infantry that can fight in powerful formations and walk long, exhausting marches in order to achieve victory. Tactical thought is required to succeed, because Prussians are trained to fight in big, open plain battles, not for unconventional warfare.

From mechanical/gameplay point of view, the Brandenburgers bring sappers, heavy siege cannons, decent line infantry, the use of formations and discipline to the game. It's a lot of good stuff, especially if you'll try those colonial marines. Oh, and their navy is good as well.

Suprisingly, we had a lot of fun designing them, some ideas were scrapped of course, some got delayed or simply abandoned (war-winter-sleigh), but I'm pretty sure we did amazing job overall. It's only a limp glimpse of our creative power, but you get what you deserve and the feedback was scarce lately... And I thought we were burnt out.
Nein, we keep our war machinery going!

Try them, but keep in mind that Brandenburgers generally rely on open plains. They haven't been completely playtested, so have fun finding bugs, errors and the rest of the necessary mistakes. Some of you will find it more interesting then the actual gameplay, I can't help you, ha!

I'm also a big fan of their cavalry, cuirassiers & dragoons can support each other very well. Smells like Fehrbellin.

tl;dr - we make new units and skills, you play please

Detailed Developers Changelog:
- a lot of bugfixes (important)
- one minor faction added (hardly noticeable)

Have fun! I'd love to read some reviews, as they warm my little heart during those long, cold evenings.
Transfermium

Post by Transfermium »

The Prussian Space Marines are finally here! Off to try them now.
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

Whaa, finally! gotta try this out :D
Transfermium

Post by Transfermium »

I don't think the cavalry line and formation abilities are working for the Prussians.
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

I've been looking through the unit list and something caught my attention. I'm by no means an expert on russian millitary titles, but I do know that Knyaz and Voivod were also used in medieval Vallachia and Moldova. And the former ranked lower than the later. I mean I could be mistaken but it's something I noticed.
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Nice to have Brandenburg-Prussia! In honor of this new faction, I have made an experimental new version of the EEaW map. In it, I have expanded Berlin and, to hopefully enable the computer to use the Ottomans more effectively, (a) altered and slightly expanded Constantinople and (b) altered and slightly reduced the size of Vienna. And there is some historical basis for giving Constantinople partly ruined European-looking underwater ruined castle tiles: in Byzantine times, it had sea walls.

Here is a screen shot of the relevant section of the experimental new version:
EEAW map experiment.png
And here is the map file, if anyone is interested:
Eastern Europe Mod.zip
(2.94 KiB) Downloaded 627 times
Feel free to use some, all, or none of these proposed changes to the EEaW map in a revised version of the official map, if you wish to revise it.
Sagez

Re: Eastern Europe at War (EEaW) - TEH PRUSSIANS ARE DA!

Post by Sagez »

@ Transfermium, ok, we'll check that. Aaaand? Are they any good?

@Eagle_11, thanks. Care to elaborate?

@BTIsaac, I'm not and expert too. Voivode is a pretty common slavic administration rank, wojewoda in polish I guess, but does that matter? By Knyaz we ment a noble and wealthy person, with voivode we meant an official who's able to command. Did we got something wrong? Any Russians out there?

@Temuchin, Cool. Thank you, I'd love to add this map, the old one needed polishing, that's for sure. That''s a topic for a lenghty discussion... How do you like those Brandenburgers, please tell.

I'd love to read some reviews, yet all I got was some random stuff. I don't want to read any reviews! (will that work?)
Transfermium

Re: Eastern Europe at War (EEaW) - TEH PRUSSIANS ARE DA!

Post by Transfermium »

Sagez wrote:@ Transfermium, ok, we'll check that. Aaaand? Are they any good?
They play pretty decent IMO; I imagine with the formation abilities working they'd be even better.
Cuirassiers do feel a tad weak, but that might be because Cav Line isn't working.