Eastern Europe at War (EEaW) - now on GitHub!

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Radar

Re: XVII Century Project : Eastern Europe at War (EEaW)

Post by Radar »

Tell me, that will be a very big different between this one and a + one? To big to call this just another serial number? Or that +one will be separate better and more balanced version. I hope so. :wink:
milites.pl
Sometimes a single battle decides everything and sometimes, too, the slightest circumstance decides the issue of a battle. There is a moment in every battle at which the least manoeuvre is decisive and gives superiority, as one drop of water causes overflow.
Sagez

Post by Sagez »

Yeah, it will be different. I don't know when we will release EEaW+ . Maybe after two months, maybe after 22, lol! :roll:
Our general plan is written in my previous posts. Just read the topic if you don't know whats going on.
I can't do any more for you.

Also... I can't promise certain things because we need to verify them first. Playtesting? I hope so. EEaW + will not be separate. Better? Hard to tell. More balanced? Hard to do! Well, we will keep delivering unfair random brutality to you. That means you can expect great awesome guns (like our sweet culverins ^_^ ) killing units not only from the nearest hex, but in a distance of 2 or 3 hexes... yeah, pretty much death from above! :lol2: Hard to balance, you have to admit! But it gives you an exceptional chance to feel like a real pr0 who is elite and skilled at shooting headshots... being ultimate master of life and death, lol!...
...default wesnoth looks gay by comparison... Maximum damage, maximum lulz <- as my friend says...
Uh, thats cool! 8)

Btw, if you want to criticise the current EEaW version or post some ideas that will help in overall balance, write. I like words of praise, I appreciate words of damnation :wink:
Eastern Europe at War Co-Creator viewtopic.php?f=19&t=34418
"Neptune has finally wed Venus - even Gods can't screw around forever." L-F Céline
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

Keep on your great work, Sagez and team!
:)
Favourite Eras: Ageless Era; Eastern Europe at War.
Favourite MP Map: Creep War.
Sagez

Post by Sagez »

Two days ago we released EEaW 1.5.5. The new version brings mostly balancing changes and several bugfixes, but that's not all.
Short/incomplete/lazy changelog: :P

- new images for polish winged hussars and russian orthodox priests (6 units);
- Mehterane now costs 10 gold, Lithuanian Dragoon 14 gold, Swedish Shooter 15 gold;
- we have seriously nerfed the Lisovianus;
- now the AI won't spam you to death with polish medics, LOL (but AI is still freaking stupid - it's not our fault... it belongs to the creators of this game);
- and some more, bugs are gone, etc...

It is worth downloading.

Just one thing that makes me feel a little bit sad... I would love to recieve constructive criticism, but I often get messages like: ''nice nice nice... I don't like the whole balance in your era, make it better''. And they don't write what precisely can I actually improve :augh: Funny to read, they never change. Do they want to annoy me? Pretend? Insinuate? I fully believe that I myself am refined... so those pathetic critics will not have their influence on me. If there would be a war they would get shot for cowardice/ laziness/ lack of caring/ defeatism :whistle: Gendarmerie would make short work of them.

Ah, yes, a boy can dream :P

lol jk jk jk

And two traditional music bonuses:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBlVM0e-3Fw <- *AWESOME* DER BLUTHARSCH TRACK REMIXED! :D 1337

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52FRvAxmsa0 <- ...And in the daaark we will take off our clothes! :oops: :twisted:
"Neptune has finally wed Venus - even Gods can't screw around forever." L-F Céline
whitefox

Post by whitefox »

This is my favorite addon :roll:
Please add England, France, and Bavaria :oops: Pleaааse ^_^
Nebelwaldgeist

Post by Nebelwaldgeist »

Very nice idea. *thumbs up*
Sagez

Post by Sagez »

Lads, I'd love to, but it is nearly impossible! Let me explain certain things... you are not the first who tell me to add some new factions!... but...

1. The moar factions you have, the harder balancing gets. Yes, I know that balancing is dull/ stupid/ senseless and so on, but If I would openly state that I don't care... well, nothing would happen, but it is more funny to actually simulate that I care! Well, I've heard that default wesnoth is still imbalanced after ALL THOSE YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT SO WHY ARE EVERYBODY SO OBSESSED WITH BALANCE? I personally think that games like chess or counter strike are better balanced, we should play them instead, lol.

2. I cannot write code, I cannot draw anything, without my beloved team I am simply nothing. Well, all I do is giving orders to them and they try to fulfill intended tasks. That's because my social & planning & leading skills are flawless. But I am not a sociopath! I understand that they have their own life, they need to relax as everybody else, they need to drink booze regularly and meet a lot of stunning, young girls. It's perfectly normal! I won't disturb them, lol... D: ... :hmm:

3. This addon is called Eastern Europe at War, not just Europe at War or The Whole Europe at War. So you'd better make mods or something. Yes, I could probably hire some lame programmer and another bored guy who can possibly draw some units, but then the overall brilliant style of this era would get destroyed. It's like you trying to upgrade a Michelangelo's scuplture with a chisel... you can only damage it if your are not Michelangelo himself!...

So you see, adding those factions will probably never come. France? Nice. England? Nice. Bavaria? Hmm, a Nazi faction would be great! :shock:

Here you can see a brilliant piece of art. It shows a germanic/ teutonic superior knight who is pwning an inferior mounted warrior (Slav?). Many bfw players are of German/Austrian descent, so you should enjoy :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7Iszm-2hWA

Yeah... playing wesnoth is indeed ''the pleasure received in pain''! :lol2:
MLShax

Post by MLShax »

OMG its like mount & blade fire and sword all over again, but in battle for wesnoth!
Ruglud

Post by Ruglud »

Sagez wrote:Bavaria? Hmm, a Nazi faction would be great!
You need to explain that...
Wenn Unrecht zu Recht wird, wird Widerstand zur Pflicht!

Nerdguygaming.tumblr.com
Sagez

Post by Sagez »

Yes, it's like Mount & Blade and is awesome! 8)

Explain? I'm an internet troll. No need to explain that...Well, I have actually came with something (EEaW) so I think that's ok if I will have my fun... It's a well-earned pleasure.

I have nothing against Germany and Bavaria. It's a shame that people believe in some stereotypes. I don't believe, I play with them. German wurst is awesome and I love lederhosen - is that enough!? :lol2:
I also watch A LOT of youtube videos about Germans and their life! I hope it will help me to know more about my neighbours and... I'm delighted! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoMdZqlUeuo <- Those Germans are cool.
Ruglud

Post by Ruglud »

Sagez wrote:Yes, it's like Mount & Blade and is awesome! 8)

Explain? I'm an internet troll. No need to explain that...Well, I have actually came with something (EEaW) so I think that's ok if I will have my fun... It's a well-earned pleasure.

I have nothing against Germany and Bavaria. It's a shame that people believe in some stereotypes. I don't believe, I play with them. German wurst is awesome and I love lederhosen - is that enough!? :lol2:
I also watch A LOT of youtube videos about Germans and their life! I hope it will help me to know more about my neighbours and... I'm delighted! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoMdZqlUeuo <- Those Germans are cool.

:annoyed: ...Bavarians... But ok, you explain it enough. :mrgreen:
Wenn Unrecht zu Recht wird, wird Widerstand zur Pflicht!

Nerdguygaming.tumblr.com
MarshLord

Post by MarshLord »

I just downloaded EEaW. Looks nice so far. Only nitpick I have is:

If you're trying to be historical, why does Batiushka promote to Patriarch? Most Batiushkas, being married, are not eligible to be Bishops, much less Russian Patriarch (There Can Only Be One).
Sagez

Post by Sagez »

''Trying'' is a good word. We will fix that, thank you.
axefighterr

Post by axefighterr »

Awesome work! This era is very unique and fun to play. I highly reccomend it to everyone who likes history and wants to see Battle for Wesnoth from the other side. ;)
Sagez

Post by Sagez »

Thanks. I'm alive but EEaW Team does not exist at the moment, so I can't push the development further. However, there are some things still to do.
IF I will gather a team, who knows... I have some plans, take a look:
But without team I can't do anything, sadly. I need somebody to do the job for me, heh. It worked then, but will it work now? <oh, the drama!>

Future version changelog:

- 6-2 scythe attack for Polish peasant (man, those scythes are really dangerous! It's like Running With Scissors (Postal reference, lol! but even worse!)
- better (more fitting/historically accurate) unit names for Russian orthodox priests line
- AMLAS for naval units; it will balance naval combat and open new possibilities for countries with weak navy
- bs_grom EEaW maps need better balance. I think I know how to do that.

- TWO NEW UNITS! *SAY THANKS TO ***TEMUCHIN KHAN*** Gold font for him!... he deserves it!
I'd love to implement his 1337 ideas into EEaW. His ideas were to create fast, horse artillery unit for Austria and to add Slaver... for Crimean Khanate, not Austria ;)

I see them as level 2 units which you can't recruit, but you can level your level 1 units to get them. They will be unique. They will be fantastic. They will pwn every foe... no, no no we need balance aaaargh

My little Slaver stats proposition:

SLAVER, level 2 unit (advances from Crimean Tatar)

50 hp, only 5 movement points, 8-3 blade attack... but has 3 great skills: he's fearless, he causes fear... and a new skill called ''slave trade''.

Slave trade will work in 3 ways:

1. temporarily establishes a slave market in any village it occupies, thus causing it to produce +1 income for as long as he remains there. <- Temuchin Khan said so. COOL!
2. when your Slaver kills level 0 units he gives you 1 gold, when Slaver kills level 1 unit you earn 1 gold, when... level 2 unit= 2 gold, level 3=3 gold, level 4=4 gold. <- I hope its doable.
3. when the slaver is killed... player who killed slaver unit gets 2 gold. or 3, i dont know.

As for the new Austrian artillery branch I dont have stats yet, but it will be fast - 6 movement points.

Post any ideas if you have any... send some kind wors of love if You Love EEaW...

Love, ->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdELzBV9pyo

Yours Truly
Sagez