Eastern Europe at War (EEaW) - now on GitHub!

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sagez

Re: XVII Century Project : Eastern Europe at War (EEaW)

Post by Sagez »

I have not forgotten about you, my dear EEaW fans! In fact, the whole EEaW team (if it still exists! If they still have time for it! If they still live!) have not forgotten...
''All communication with the outside world has stopped and has now been redirected from the series of tubes on the surface to the secret series of tubes deep down underground in our development bunker''...
Here I am again with another EEaW quasi-new-year (yeah, it has been circa 7 months since the last version and now it's year 2012, farewell 2011!) release!... It's now 1.5.2! The new release is mostly balancing/bug fixing, but nonetheless important one... just look...

You-thought-i-was-dead-1.5.2 changelog:

- Now the russian peasant can advance to batiushka;
- We have weakened the polish armoured's armor a little (well, that's disputable) ;
- Russian Duke's (level 3) resistance for pierce is now -10 not - 20 ;
- Mehterane now costs 12 and can not advance ;
- Batiushka attack has been raised to 5-2 ;
- ... and a few minor fixes and cosmetic changes. We have problably got around with this annoying, game-crashing bug that you were complaining about. Sorry for such a delayed reaction, but we were extremely busy - and till summer we still are!

I know that there is still much to do. Bigger changes will come this summer. Thank you very much for your really impressive and honest support for EEaW, it's important for our project to receive attention and words of praise (not necessarily words of damnation... yes, I know that some of you can't deal with ships floating on the grass :P ), reviews such as iBaLkiD's one are absolutely touching and they almost bring tears (fake tears?) in my eyes!... :o

BONUS 1 -> http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... +and+sword For a good laugh while playing EEaW! :lol2:

BONUS 2 -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cUC0s0tHBw ALL BUGS MUST DIE! :evil:

Take care and have fun! We remember about you! Enjoy!
Eastern Europe at War Co-Creator viewtopic.php?f=19&t=34418
"Neptune has finally wed Venus - even Gods can't screw around forever." L-F Céline
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

Great news and update!
Thanks for your work!
Favourite Eras: Ageless Era; Eastern Europe at War.
Favourite MP Map: Creep War.
mauricepiesligeros

Post by mauricepiesligeros »

(Hello, I'm back ...!)

Please, note that there is a difference between upper and lowercase letters in file names. This is especially important for people who use linux.

There is an error in "_main.cfg" in the line: {~add-ons/Eastern_Europe_at_War/eeaw_eras.cfg}, should read: {~add-ons/Eastern_Europe_at_War/EEaW_eras.cfg}

It would be good to fix this permanently. Thank you and congratulations for this work. Thank you!!!!
Sagez

Post by Sagez »

The new version 1.5.3.2 is out! Forget about the last release, now we bring something bigger, stronger and better! That was only a little explosion, for today I have a real bang!... Kaboom... so here it is!... Everyone should be happy because of these changes. Change? Yes, we can, lol. :whistle:

Very impressive changelog that we all love:

- Swedish Recruit has been nerfed seriously and now costs 21 gold;
- A new Swedish unit - Hakkapeliitta! Even with AMLAs!;
- Swedish musketeer now costs 17 and has the marksman ability;
- Austrian and Russian shooters price is now 14;
- Grenzers have 38 hp and they are worth 16 gold;
- Don Cossack and Hussar price has been raised to 19;
- Zaporozhian Walker now has a weak armor;
- Sitch Cossack now costs 17 and has 6-3 bow attack;
- Mortar's hp raised to 44, cost decreased to 24;
- Sipahi costs 23, Standard bearer of Prophet 22 gold;
- Camel Rider is valued at 15 gold and he require less xp to advance now;
- Croatian Rider has been deprived of the 'skirmisher' ability;
- Austrian pikeman now costs 16;
- Infamis now has 4-4 attack instead of 5-3;
- Polish and Russian cannons have 5 mp;
- Mameluk's bow attack has been raised;
- EEaW's credits have been supplemented (take a look!)
- Minor bugs fixed, etc.

I hope that's all or almost all. @ mauricepiesligeros: There were some problems on Linux because of capital letters in some lines of code. Thus spoke my program writer. Personally, I have no idea.

Are you annoyed with my three-dots and exclamation marks?... Well, they are expressing emotions... and emotions are everything in life!... just a little digression... excitement's everything in life!... Enough for today, wait for traditional music bonuses:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc8bpyjv ... re=related<- Very noble and pure music. It's like a precious jewel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ToGeGU_H9A <- Pompous but good when you play as Turks.

Thanks for the support! Take care and control! Set your little heart going and have fun!
"Neptune has finally wed Venus - even Gods can't screw around forever." L-F Céline
fatquack

Post by fatquack »

Same error is still there in _main.cfg, line 14 should be
{~add-ons/Eastern_Europe_at_War/EEaW_eras.cfg}
and not
{~add-ons/Eastern_Europe_at_War/eeaw_eras.cfg}
or you should change the filename of EEaW_eras.cfg to eeaw_eras.cfg
Sagez

Post by Sagez »

@fatquack
Thank you very much.

The new version 1.5.3.3 just went to the BfW server. Now everything should be fine. I hope that those problems with Linux are fixed for good (finally! :evil: ).
Evropi

Post by Evropi »

Waaah...?

I just downloaded this on Windows, and I can't see any units whatsoever except Ship 1. What do?
I am the maintainer of Temples of the nagas, the greatest 4-player co-op survival scenario in the universe!
Sagez

Post by Sagez »

Strange. For me everything works perfectly (and I know that EEaW is being played by many polish fans). I just downloaded EEaW version 1.5.3.3 from the addons server, my BfW version is 1.10.3.
By the way... this awesome project is still alive and not going to die :whistle: EEaW is definitely the best ''historical'' addon available for wesnoth ; uncompromising (no magic, no fantasy content for immature people :P ) , a little bit snobish (it's about eastern europe history and your are probably not interested in it, lol), well-made (look at those soldiers! They all look like 1337). I'll try to gather our development team again in July... keep in touch... that is to say...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igYcJWTz5Sg <- ''(...)and then there is the noise and big military drums in the background... something is terribly wrong... the impending DOOM... ''

Time for the onslaught of tomorrow.
Kanzil

Post by Kanzil »

Eastern european history, not interesting!?! I love eastern european history- I just wish you'd do a thirty years war add-on( the thirty years war is my passion in history) :D

Though to be honest, I'm grateful to have such a good historical add-on as this anyway, and hope you can re-convene your development team and continue with this!
High over valleys in the red levelling rays -
In din of crowded streets, going among the years, the faces,
May I still meet my memory in so lonely a place
Between the streams and the red clouds, hearing the curlews, Hearing the horizons endure.
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Hey, keep up the good work on this great era!

But one thing occasionally crosses my mind. During the period of Habsburg rule, Innsbruck was an important city for their empire. Maximillian I in the fifteenth century made it the base for his many invasions of Italy, and to this day it has a golden-roofed building in its AltStadt built by him. Later, a Habsburg palace was built there, which also stands to this day.

Also, in the interests of full disclosure, I must admit that Innsbruck is my mother's home town, and I'd just enjoy seeing it on the map.

So I was wondering, would it be possible to add a village north of Venice, south of Munich, and west of Salzburg to the official maps that come with the era and call it Innsbruck? If not, no problem. I just thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

EDIT: I corrected "Vienna" to "Venice," but I think everyone knew that had to be a mistake.
Last edited by Temuchin Khan on June 28th, 2012, 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sagez

Post by Sagez »

It's good to see you again. Yeah, I'll try to ''make Innsbruck happen''. I have already sent a message to the man who created this map... so maybe he will add this important and, I daresay, lovely town! :wink: You can expect new EEaW version in July ; I'm planning to finish works on ''Basic EEaW'' and start working on ''EEaW +''. EEaW + will include unit transport, better naval combat, uncomplicated constructions (like building a castle hex for e.g. 5 gold) and so on... I'm waking the team.
Sagez

Post by Sagez »

And... here it is! http://chomikuj.p.../EEAW/maps Maps with Innsbruck will be also included in the next EEaW version. I hope you will enjoy.

Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Sagez wrote:It's good to see you again. Yeah, I'll try to ''make Innsbruck happen''. I have already sent a message to the man who created this map... so maybe he will add this important and, I daresay, lovely town!
Great! Thanks!
You can expect new EEaW version in July ; I'm planning to finish works on ''Basic EEaW'' and start working on ''EEaW +''. EEaW + will include unit transport, better naval combat, uncomplicated constructions (like building a castle hex for e.g. 5 gold) and so on... I'm waking the team.
I'm looking forward to it!
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Sagez wrote:And... here it is! http://chomikuj.p.../EEAW/maps Maps with Innsbruck will be also included in the next EEaW version. I hope you will enjoy.

For some reason, I can't access the link. I guess I'll wait for the next release.
Sagez

Post by Sagez »

The new EEaW version 1.5.4 is out!

Simple changelog:

- two new units (light galleon & fire tabor, check them out!)
- updated EEaW maps
- several tweaks

This is an important release. ''Basic EEaW'' is now officialy complete. Of course we will make at least several updates, bugfixes and changes in future... but from now the so-called *1337 awesome EEaW Team* will focus on making EEaW +. It means that we will start experimenting slowly, adding transport, better naval warfare and so on. Our general plan is written in my previous posts. Just read the topic if you don't know whats going on.

Download, play, celebrate. Post your ideas & feedback. Maybe revievs. Whatever. Keep going. Keep in touch. Take care, thank you!