Eastern Europe at War (EEaW) - now on GitHub!

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Temuchin Khan

Re: XVII Century Project : Eastern Europe at War (EEaW)

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Sagez wrote:- TWO NEW UNITS! *SAY THANKS TO ***TEMUCHIN KHAN*** Gold font for him!... he deserves it!
I'd love to implement his 1337 ideas into EEaW. His ideas were to create fast, horse artillery unit for Austria and to add Slaver... for Crimean Khanate, not Austria ;)

I see them as level 2 units which you can't recruit, but you can level your level 1 units to get them. They will be unique. They will be fantastic. They will pwn every foe... no, no no we need balance aaaargh

My little Slaver stats proposition:

SLAVER, level 2 unit (advances from Crimean Tatar)

50 hp, only 5 movement points, 8-3 blade attack... but has 3 great skills: he's fearless, he causes fear... and a new skill called ''slave trade''.

Slave trade will work in 3 ways:

1. temporarily establishes a slave market in any village it occupies, thus causing it to produce +1 income for as long as he remains there. <- Temuchin Khan said so. COOL!
2. when your Slaver kills level 0 units he gives you 1 gold, when Slaver kills level 1 unit you earn 1 gold, when... level 2 unit= 2 gold, level 3=3 gold, level 4=4 gold. <- I hope its doable.
3. when the slaver is killed... player who killed slaver unit gets 2 gold. or 3, i dont know.

As for the new Austrian artillery branch I dont have stats yet, but it will be fast - 6 movement points.
Great! Glad you liked my ideas!
Sagez

Post by Sagez »

Progress has been made. Slaver code is ready. We need code for Horse Artillery.
And we need two images, for Slaver and for Horse Artillery.
Or we can use somebody's else images... if there are any fitting. Hm? Anyone knows? Maybe...

Who? How? When? I don't know.
Eastern Europe at War Co-Creator viewtopic.php?f=19&t=34418
"Neptune has finally wed Venus - even Gods can't screw around forever." L-F Céline
Sagez

Post by Sagez »

Version 1.5.7 for BfW 1.12 is out!

- Polish peasant scythe attack raised from 5-2 to 6-2. Yeah, try spamming them. OOOPS, a wild LARGE IMAGE APPEARED!

"Neptune has finally wed Venus - even Gods can't screw around forever." L-F Céline
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

The EEaW maps seem to be broken for 1.11, 1.12, and 1.13. Fortunately, I had already saved additional copies of them so that I could experiment with them. Here are working EEaW maps, except for the labels, along with an 8 player version and two additional 9 player versions!
EEaW maps.zip
(18.84 KiB) Downloaded 463 times
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Temuchin Khan wrote:Here are working EEaW maps, except for the labels, along with an 8 player version and two additional 9 player versions!
Thank you very much Temuchin Khan :) The EEaW team is busy at the moment, but we will include these maps as soon as possible :)
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
Transfermium

Post by Transfermium »

Is this era and their devs still alive?
The era's great, I am just afraid that the era will get outdated soon.
I have not brought you freedom, I found it here among you.
-Gjergj Kastrioti Skanderbeg
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Transfermium wrote:Is this era and their devs still alive?
We are alive and kicking! :D Expect new updates soon.
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
Transfermium

Post by Transfermium »

inferno8 wrote:
Transfermium wrote:Is this era and their devs still alive?
We are alive and kicking! :D Expect new updates soon.
Thanks!
Durin_the_great

Post by Durin_the_great »

Haven't played much. I really like the idea and what you have done. But Lithuanian-Polish Commionwealth race name 'Poles', with all due respect, is irritating my patriotic feelings. Where are the Lithuanians gone in the race name?
Sagez

Post by Sagez »

That's true and the current situation isn't fair.

We had to wait all those years to actually get this noticed. Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth was our first faction and probably due to technical reasons we did what we did, merging those poor virtual Lithuanians with Poles! :shock:
Ok, jokes aside... we will change it if possible and it's probably possible. Do you have any ideas? ,,Polish-Lithuanian'' race? ,,RON/ATR Citizen'' as a race (lol)? Seriously I'm asking, we gonna think hard and do it! :twisted:
Did you also notice the lithuanian names of the units? That's a nice little touch and it proves that we are a bunch of peaceful hippies not some genocidal nationalists lolol jk jk ;)
My grandmother is from Vilnius. I was there once. They say that Polish girls are the best but Lithuanian girls are splendid as well, if not better (chill, I have a polish girlfriend already). The city is beautiful and I don't want to take it away from you (guessing you're Lithuanian). Everyone visit Vilnius! :D That's an order! Vilnius (polish: Wilno) is in my opinion more beautiful than Kraków (oh man they gonna kill me for this).

I have a dream that one day we shall rebuild the Commonwealth without barriers like our nationalities and our ,,pride''. I'm Polish and I'd love to see Poland, Lithuania, Ukraine, Belarus and maybe Latvia and Estonia as one (former Inflants, borderlands of borderlands). I wouldn't want to polonize anyone (heh I know that our history could've been better!); I'd love to see all people together saying: ''We are Polish/ Lithuanian/ Ukrainian/ Belorussian etc and it doesn't matter that much because we're brothers! We are free people! No more wars amongst brothers!'' Great dream, what do you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGJLQzWbhCY (lithuanian lyrics are also in the description).
&
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GLytMcoOWU

:)

And please play more if you can and provide some feedback if you can, we'll be grateful.
Durin_the_great

Post by Durin_the_great »

Chill dude. Noone is blaming anyone. Just wanted to suggest 'Polish-Lithuanian union'. About girls: not being in the city and stuff too much so can't tell about Lithuanians. But Polish girls are really amazing :D
Sagez

Post by Sagez »

The first page of this thread has been updated, check it out!
Expect the new version soon. And maybe we will even organize a tournament on wesnoth.com.pl, of course the tournament, if it will happen, will be about EEaW :D There's no problem if you dont speak polish, we speak english a little bit ;)
Sagez

Post by Sagez »

EEaW 1.6.0 is now out!

Without further ado: this version brings a lot of changes, but only the pleasant ones! Short changelog:

- We've finally fixed our special EEaW multiplayer maps, they are working again! Have fun!
- New ,,Polish-Lithuanian'' (union) race as Durin_the_great told us to do and he was right!
- added a new unit for Tatars - Slaver is a economical unit. Yes, that's a completely new category. Slaver has slave market ability. Slaver estabilishes a slave market in any village it occupies providing additional income. Slaver will also earn gold after killing enemy units, but when Slaver gets killed then the player who killed the Slaver gets gold. So it works in both ways and you have to be careful!
- added two new, hidden units for Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (Kosynier and Insurgent, both based on the brave polish peasants who fought Swedes when they invaded Poland during war of 1655-1660 known also as Deluge)
- added two new units for Habsburg Monarchy - Horse Artillery level 1 and 2. A gun that is carried by horse, that is fast and deadly (gun not horse haha). Horse Artillery uses Hit&Run skill, so it will flee after every attack, making it extremely annoying and dangerous!
- we've upgraded the Elite Hussar image (Habsburg Monarchy)
- and also several minor changes, bugfixes...

TL;DR: 5 new units, 2 new abilities, a lot of tweaks and improvements.

It's late, I am tired, so I may have made some grammar mistakes, excuse me :oops:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a1R1hC4J9k Very old historical song worth hearing: God bless Ruthenia, Lithuania and the Crown!

We had great fun while making this new EEaW version, you know? It must mean it's good! ;)
Have fun with the new version! We'd love to get some feedback from you!
Angelonius

Post by Angelonius »

For some reason, I've enjoyed playing as the Habsburg Monarchy. :)
Transfermium

Post by Transfermium »

Sagez wrote:EEaW 1.6.0 is now out!

Without further ado: this version brings a lot of changes, but only the pleasant ones! Short changelog:

- We've finally fixed our special EEaW multiplayer maps, they are working again! Have fun!
- New ,,Polish-Lithuanian'' (union) race as Durin_the_great told us to do and he was right!
- added a new unit for Tatars - Slaver is a economical unit. Yes, that's a completely new category. Slaver has slave market ability. Slaver estabilishes a slave market in any village it occupies providing additional income. Slaver will also earn gold after killing enemy units, but when Slaver gets killed then the player who killed the Slaver gets gold. So it works in both ways and you have to be careful!
- added two new, hidden units for Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (Kosynier and Insurgent, both based on the brave polish peasants who fought Swedes when they invaded Poland during war of 1655-1660 known also as Deluge)
- added two new units for Habsburg Monarchy - Horse Artillery level 1 and 2. A gun that is carried by horse, that is fast and deadly (gun not horse haha). Horse Artillery uses Hit&Run skill, so it will flee after every attack, making it extremely annoying and dangerous!
- we've upgraded the Elite Hussar image (Habsburg Monarchy)
- and also several minor changes, bugfixes...

TL;DR: 5 new units, 2 new abilities, a lot of tweaks and improvements.

It's late, I am tired, so I may have made some grammar mistakes, excuse me :oops:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a1R1hC4J9k Very old historical song worth hearing: God bless Ruthenia, Lithuania and the Crown!

We had great fun while making this new EEaW version, you know? It must mean it's good! ;)
Have fun with the new version! We'd love to get some feedback from you!
Yay!