Alven

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lavaere

Alven

Post by Lavaere »

Well I use to play an online game called Cry of the Ancients. And even after it ended I kept using names of peoples kingdoms and place names and such in other games I play. Now I want to transplant it to Wesnoth and make my own campaigns but first the factions.

The first faction is the 'Alven' though another name if people have ideas.
So basicly dark skined, white hair, pale white or lavender eyed elves. If an Alven kills another of there kind there eyes turn red and they become kinslayers. Which will be one of the unit advances.
Live in a forest beneath a mountain range with a volcano, they also have a cave systems going towards the heart of the volcano which is where their temples and such would be.
As for weapons, mainly melee weapons. And so far I'm thinking chakram for a ranged weapon. The weapons themselves will be obsideon or grown crystaline weapons. Homes would also be grown.
Magic, they will have two types. Druid like magic users, maybe have them as shapeshifters as well. The other path would be a Geomancer type who are the ones who grow there buildings, weapons and such.

Units ideas so far...

Fighter
okay your basic lvl 1 fighter, sword (maybe have main melee weapon be falcion)

Runner
lvl 2 from Fighter

Warden
lvl 3 from Runner, not sure if I want Ambush (invisible in forest) or Nightstalk (invisible at night)

Beastmaster
lvl 2/3 from Fighter path maybe. will give bonus to adjacent Dire Cat

Assassin
lvl 2 unit. Sword, maybe Blowdart for a poisoned range weapon

Kinslayer
lvl 3 from Assassin

Rider
mounted unit on a Dire Cat. weapon of choice maybe something like a GuanDao

Druid
lvl 2/3 from magic path, healer unit. maybe turn into a cat for better mobility and combat, but unable to heal in that form

Geomancer
lvl 2/3 from magic path. since weapons and armour are grown, maybe a damage or resistance bonus to adjacent units

Dire Cat
thinking maybe have it Dire Panther though another cat would do

so far now, wondering if people might have ideas for other units for this faction or any ideas for them really
Boldek

Re: Alven

Post by Boldek »

why do these guys ride cats? not birds? they would probably be easier to manage.
Guys I never thought I'd come back to this forum after 8 years this is wild
Lavaere

Post by Lavaere »

well the original idea was for them to live in a jungle area and I can't think of any birds in such an enviroment. and I didn't want them on horses but still wanted a mount for them, so Dire Cats
Shinobody

Post by Shinobody »

Summarised:
They're geomantic wild drows?

EDIT: Since nobody replied for a day, here, have some... thing.
The heck?...
The heck?...
Thing.PNG (3.54 KiB) Viewed 1511 times
This is supposed to be kinslayer. :annoyed: I'd slay my kin too if i looked like that...
But, he's has something that is supposed to be obsidian falcion as main, and crystalline dagger as off-hand.
Something like that, you meant?
Artist, writer, game designer for hire.
Art portfolio: https://shino1.artstation.com
Writing dump: https://shino1portfolio.wordpress.com/
My itchio for video games and TTRPG stuff: https://shino1.itch.io/