Era of 4 worlds, almost 4500 downloads + new portrait.

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Great_Mage_Atari

Re: Era of three worlds:Gunners travel to Add-on server

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

You should rename it... :doh:
powershot

Post by powershot »

Sure thing, now for feedback about balancing the faction.
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

What would make it balanced? Any number of things could.

If you're asking me if you should include a mage I don't see any reason why not. The only thing I will re-emphasise is the need for a recruitable 8 mp scout.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
powershot

Post by powershot »

Well the mage will be made quite soon and since the torcher is a scout all is well and good.

Now the mage will have a cold attack as his ranged and I don't know what the other ranged and melee attack elements should be. :|

The first lvl will have impact from his book but what should the staffs have?
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Great_Mage_Atari

Your over-thinking this.
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

The torcher is NOT a scout. I'm pretty sure it has 6 MP, which is not enough to serve as a definite scout, especially considering that there's another unit with 6 MP in the faction as well.
powershot

Post by powershot »

In the updated version he will get 7mp. Update will be made tonight or tommorow.

Great_Mage_Atari wrote:Your over-thinking this.
What do you mean?

Post2:(I made this, not a mod)
The changes to the torcher line have been released and so has young magician, the lvl1 mage, but has no upgrades :cry: ... yet.Image
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Great_Mage_Atari

Your making things way to complicated. Just stop adding all these thing right away and test to see if they're working first.
powershot

Post by powershot »

I did test it.

@Atari:Stop spamming(I need constructive balancing comments, not... um... the things you do[sorry if I sound mean]).
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

A torcher with 7 movement points is not an 8mp scout.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Great_Mage_Atari

This is constructive. The problem is that your rushing it.
powershot

Post by powershot »

Lvl3 gets 8, beside, look at dwarvish scout.
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

A level 3 is not recruitable (and in multiplayer neither is the dwarven scout which is a campaign unit). Knalgans can get griffons when they need an 8 mp scout (which some maps do require to prevent village steals).
powershot

Post by powershot »

What do you suggest I do?
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

I would suggest that you find a way to include a unit that has 8 movement points.

I would also suggest that you design your faction as a whole rather than unit by unit like you seem to be doing. How do you want your faction to play, what does it need to do that, how do you intend to try to balance/differentiate it as a whole against the other factions, these are things that you should try to figure out before you start making it.