Khalifate gameplay thread (feedback on balance and bugs)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

iLeeT_PeeP

Re: Khalifate gameplay thread (feedback on balance and bugs)

Post by iLeeT_PeeP »

How do I play as the Khalifate faction? I dont see them as a playable faction in multi. Do they have a Singleplayer campaign designed for their use or where can I find them? :doh:
My MaPs... PeeP's Maps
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

iLeeT_PeeP wrote:How do I play as the Khalifate faction? I dont see them as a playable faction in multi. Do they have a Singleplayer campaign designed for their use or where can I find them? :doh:
csarmi wrote:current version (with khalifate as liminal) has been uploaded to the 1.10 server. The addon is called Era_Khalifate, current version is 2.0.1.
TheTuninator

Post by TheTuninator »

Is there an issue with the 1.10 addon server at the moment? I'm running 1.10, but I seem to be reaching an older addon server, as I don't see anything called Era_Khalifate; only "Temporary Khalifate" and "Default + Khalifate Era".
savic13

MP Khalifate-default.cfg

Post by savic13 »

When try to start MP game, i have error macro/file 'multiplayer/factions/khalifate-default.cfg' is missing. Need help.
Last edited by Elvish_Hunter on March 4th, 2012, 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged in the appropriate topic
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

Hey csarmi, could you delete the old add-on from the server please? We had some problems with the 2 of them yesterday and eventually just went with default for our WTT game.

AFAIK, "Default + Khalifate Era" is the correct one but the two also clash I think. If you removed the old one it would save a lot of confusion.
csarmi

Post by csarmi »

I deleted the temporary addon. The right one is posted as Default + Khalifate 2.0.1. (just as you said).
Sorry about the confusion.
BasiC

Post by BasiC »

Are there plans to put the Khalifate in the default era? making it part of the default Wesnoth factions...
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

BasiC wrote:Are there plans to put the Khalifate in the default era? making it part of the default Wesnoth factions...
Yes, but it probably won't happen until version 1.12.
BasiC

Post by BasiC »

By the way are there any other factions that might be merging into default?If not, why not? Is only the Khalifate faction good enough to be added?
Also why only in 1.12? cause of balance testing?
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

savic13 wrote:When try to start MP game, i have error macro/file 'multiplayer/factions/khalifate-default.cfg' is missing. Need help.
It's most likely due to some faulty addon you have installed. First you should try updating all of them to check whether that solves it. If not, please remove all installed addons, and reinstall them one-by-one if needed, checking whether MP loads between each step in order to identify the problematic addon.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

BasiC wrote:By the way are there any other factions that might be merging into default?If not, why not? Is only the Khalifate faction good enough to be added?
Also why only in 1.12? cause of balance testing?
It would appear that the answer to all these questions is "Yes."
Jabie

Post by Jabie »

The Khalifate are probably good candidates to go Limnal. Being desert people they wouldn't go out in the midday sun or the chill of night. Of course you'd need to chnage Limnal to -10% at day / night, as currently it's far too punitive.

I'm really not all that keen on the names of then units. They just seem to be a little random. Here's a selection of material stolen from real-life desert cultures, with loose associations as to their general class.

Chariot Line

L1: Chariot
Good defence on roads, deserts and plains. Useless in forests, swamps and shallow water.
Possibly give these guys a retreat ability. If they successfully kill a foe they may move up to 3 hexes but may not make a second attack.
L2: War Chariot
Upgrade for above. Retains Retreat ability.

Mounted and Range Line

L1: Camel Archer
L2: Ansar: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ansar_(military)
Javelins, Swords and Bow and arrows.
L2: Mandekalu: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandekalu# ... u_Horsemen
Light Armour (Maybe 10% Resistances for impact wpns)
Skirmisher
L3: Keshik: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keshik
Skirmisher

Melee / Ranged Infantry

L1: Ghazi: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghazi
Your basic grunt. They were raiders, so they could get camoflague in Deserts.
L2: Vulture: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stele_of_the_Vultures
These guys might get an impact wpn as well as a bladed weapon.
L2: Janissary
Possibly give these guys sustenance. (+20% Resistance during daylight)
These guys should stay Melee / Ranged
L3: Immortal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_Immortals
Famous Persian Warriors. Should probably get Fearless. Good Armour. Impact, bladed and javelin.

Holy Line

L1: Disciple
Basic maceman unit. Gets Cure but not heal.
L2: Dervish: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dervish
Scimitar (blade).
Spin attack: Every time they strike, they deal 1 damage to all other adjacent enemy oponents.
L3: Whirling Dervish.
Similar to Dervish but increase the number of hits. e.g. if Dervish is 4-3, WD is 4-5.
L3: Masyaf: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masyaf
Assassin / Stealth Unit.
The term Assassin comes from arabic, but we've already got assassins in the game.
L2: Senussi: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senussi
Alternate upgrade path from disciple. Cures and Heals +4.
L3: Enkidu
Blatantly stolen from the Epic of Gilgamesh. Your healer upgrade. Cures and Heals: +8.
The_Other

Post by The_Other »

I've been kicking ideas around for a campaign for a while now, and I think for a change of pace I would like to base it in and around the Khalifate. Is there anywhere I should look/anybody I should talk to for a bit more background information about them? I'm happy to invent details as necessary, but I don't want to step on any toes or contradict anything that's already been determined.
Thanks!
Nothing is true; everything is permissible.
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

The_Other wrote:I've been kicking ideas around for a campaign for a while now, and I think for a change of pace I would like to base it in and around the Khalifate. Is there anywhere I should look/anybody I should talk to for a bit more background information about them? I'm happy to invent details as necessary, but I don't want to step on any toes or contradict anything that's already been determined.
Thanks!
There's been talk of Khalifate lore in this (I think) and other threads. In general, though, not much has been decided. We know they live in a desert southwest of Wesnoth, and that their culture is rather Middle-Eastern in its general flavor, but I don't think much else has been set in stone. Several origin stories have been suggested for them, in fact.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though!
The_Other

Post by The_Other »

That being the case, I'll see what I can find around the forums and just improvise around it. I have some fairly clear ideas taking shape, but I'm happy to change things as I go along if I find I've contradicted something already-written.
Thanks!
Nothing is true; everything is permissible.