Why don't we have a Troll Era?

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Shinobody

Re: Why don't we have a Troll Era?

Post by Shinobody »

Yes. Definitely. Since this is this era's name.
Artist, writer, game designer for hire.
Art portfolio: https://shino1.artstation.com
Writing dump: https://shino1portfolio.wordpress.com/
My itchio for video games and TTRPG stuff: https://shino1.itch.io/
powershot

Post by powershot »

It would, if this thing moves along. Or it could be called troll faction.
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
AlaskanAvenger

Post by AlaskanAvenger »

Here is the faction so far. All of the units are done except for the peltist branch. The art is a collection of frankenstiens done by me or others and borrowed troll art from other factions scattered throughout various UMC projects. The stats are by no means certain, and any suggestions backed by solid reasoning is welcome. Any art would be welcome. Have fun testing! :)
Troll_Alliance.rar
(123.5 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
alluton

Post by alluton »

I dont see thi era in factions list. Im looking main cfg. I think that it should be
path=data/add-ons/Troll_Alliance/Troll_Alliance
Cause you got that troll alliance file 2 times.
I tried to put that on all paths but didnt solve the problem.

So are you sure you attached right file? Also what version of wesnoth are you using and what operating system?

edit2: I have compared main cfg and era file to ageless era ones. Both seem otherwsie correct expect the problem I pointed out.
"This game cured me of my real life addiction."
-Flameslash
AlaskanAvenger

Post by AlaskanAvenger »

Works fine for me on both 1.8 and 1.9. Just extract directly into your addons/data folder
alluton

Post by alluton »

OKey works fine for me aswell. Note to all other dlers. If exracting this era generates you an extra subfolder that your file path is data/add-ons/troll_alliance/troll_alliance Just remove that extra subfolder and it works.

As a side not i think troll stabber could use spearman ranged attack anim. Or rthat ranged attack anim from hunter in Ice age exodus(I think ice age range spear attack anim is just flying spear so it could be directly implemented)

Edit: I added additional era whit deafault factions on this version.I just zipped it whit normal 7-Zip I hope it works on you.

Edit2 on 30.1.2012: My version of this era killed this thread. Was is really THAT bad?

Edit3: Ouh my. This thread is on second page now.
Attachments
Troll_Alliance.7z
This should be working Troll Era whit possibility to play whit default factions.
(101.27 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
"This game cured me of my real life addiction."
-Flameslash