Wesnoth Forum Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tapik
Code Contributor

Re: The Wesnoth Forum Faction

Post by tapik »

Dixie wrote:
Tapik wrote:small range damage (barking ;-) )
An idea for an AMLA could be to give barking a special, something like slow, maybe?
Yes, I 've thought about slow (or stun) special as major AMLA. At the level 0 it should be swarm range attack 1-10. At noon the penalty could make it 0-10 ;-) and at night 2(or more)-10.
Another AMLA could add poison (and PLAGUE, if I implement a lycanthropy) to his claws and fangs.
Wesnothu ZDAR!
Czech l10n team member
A New Order maintainer
Delfador's Memoirs
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Wesnoth Forum Era

Post by Pentarctagon »

monochromatic wrote:Well to me you looked more lawful than Lightfighter/boru.
To each's own i guess.
monochromatic wrote: Well, You can be neutral it you'd like. Sure with the skillset stuff.
:D , I love neutral units
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
TheBladeRoden

Post by TheBladeRoden »

I've been out of the loop for a while. What's this fancy new AMLA system everybody's ahubub about?
Founding Father of Columbia
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Basically instead of having a unit tree, every unit stays level one but every time they 'level up' they get to choose an AMLA.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

Does this mean that we get to choose the AMLAs our units get?
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

monochromatic wrote:Allowed and encouraged! PM me if you feel the need, or I may take an extended discussion there. But do keep in mind (for everyone!): I'm just collecting ideas unless they seem grossly out-of-balance already. Things will start to be different when balancing starts.
Thanks! :D Some ideas that I had for my unit AMLAs:
- gain marksman special on bolas
- gain poison special on sword
- gain a bow attack (like Galas in AtS)
- make unit with no upkeep
- gain some abilities (skirmisher, regeneration +4, ambush)
- increase resistance by 20% to physical (blade, pierce, impact) or magical (fire, cold, arcane) attacks
- improve movement on mountain, swamp and cave (2 MP cost instead of 3) (considering woodland movement)
- improve movement on hills and sand (1 MP cost)
- learn to swim (move in deep water, 3 MP cost, 20% or 10% defense)
- the classic "increase MP / damage / attacks / moves by 1 / total hitpoints by some HP"
- AMLA default, of course
Perhaps, some of them will require another advancement before gaining them. Also, some AMLAs may increase more the XP required for the next AMLA (example: increase damage +1 will require +20% XP, increase attack + 1 will require +50% XP). Finally, to increase unit level on certain AMLAs you can create some unit variations with increased level, and hook them to certain advancements (to speed up things, you can borrow code from the White Troll unit in TSoG).
Just some ideas; of course, the definitive choices about balancing are up to you. :wink:
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
Araja

Post by Araja »

I'd have to know what kind of unit I'm going to be. "Glowing circle thing" doesn't have an obvious role :lol2:
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

Araja wrote:I'd have to know what kind of unit I'm going to be. "Glowing circle thing" doesn't have an obvious role :lol2:
You and ParadiseCity are going to get this new ability I wrote up: infestation. It's kind of like glamour.

Announcing:
Zerovirus has joined the WFE team! His official title name is 'Artistic Director' (better title suggestions are welcome). He'll be primarily charge of graphics (as his title implies). You can also ask him to make a sprite for you, and he'll make it as soon as he can.
Wendek

Post by Wendek »

Oh we can ? Oh sweet ! I thought it'd be way too much to ask for a sprite ^^

By the way, when you ask for a "description", you mean a "role" one, right ? Cause I gave that one, but didn't give any "in-game description". (I mean, I gave a concept but not what is written in the unit's description) Should I give one as well or is it secondary ?
"You see, it's not about what you take with you, it's about what you leave behind." (Turisas, The Bosphorus Freezes Over)
"A man chooses, a slave obeys." (Andrew Ryan, BioShock)
Araja

Post by Araja »

Hmmm...Can I ask what it does? Sounds like I either possess people or imitate people.
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

Wendek wrote:Oh we can ? Oh sweet ! I thought it'd be way too much to ask for a sprite ^^
PM him please.
Wendek wrote:By the way, when you ask for a "description", you mean a "role" one, right ? Cause I gave that one, but didn't give any "in-game description". (I mean, I gave a concept but not what is written in the unit's description) Should I give one as well or is it secondary ?
In-game description please. http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 90#p440808
Araja wrote:Hmmm...Can I ask what it does? Sounds like I either possess people or imitate people.
infestation in-game description wrote:This unit can take up the form of an enemy unit upon giving the killing blow if desired. However, the new 'unit' will only have half the amount of the max hitpoints of the unit it killed and no experience.

Infestation does not work on other units with infestation.
Last edited by monochromatic on May 15th, 2011, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Araja

Post by Araja »

Ooo, interesting.
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

Araja wrote:Ooo, interesting.
Though another idea for your unit could be as a dimensional gate. Units can teleport from villages to other villages as well as the six hexes around your unit.
tapik
Code Contributor

Post by tapik »

monochromatic wrote:Zerovirus has joined the WFE team!
Great!
monochromatic wrote:His official title name is 'Artistic Director' (better title suggestions are welcome).
Cheaf Creative Officer :lol2:
Wesnothu ZDAR!
Czech l10n team member
A New Order maintainer
Delfador's Memoirs
Araja

Post by Araja »

Hmmm. I'm not sure how many units in the era have the teleport ability, but I would probably have less use as a portal. I might need a secondary role, or possibly have the "portal" job as the secondary.

Portal would take more work, but infestation would probably be fine. Apparently I'm an alien, so it seems like a fitting ability.