Two Opposing Powers era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Syron

Two Opposing Powers era

Post by Syron »

Hello players !

I created the "Two Opposing Powers" era. Sorry for the title, that seems like very simply :)

There are 2 factions:

- Lotankians
- Maldians

Each faction is attached to a god. Lotank is the god of the light and Maldi, the god of darkness.
Foreach faction you have 1 hero, 4 units lvl 1.
For lotankians, the hero is an angel. He has 3 types of melee attacks (Blade/Fire/Cold) and he can liberate the souls of corpses and gains a full heal :)
For Maldians, he is a woman leader. She can summon an undead unit, without attacks, to block the ennemies. She needs a corpse to summon it.

Sometimes, when you kill the ennemies, the corpses of units stay on the terrain (or bones). For Lotankians, they have a priest that can revive their allies.
For Maldians, they are necromancers and their animate ability can always hit.

Foreach faction, one unit only can be level 3, and one stays on level 1. The others can go on level 2.

For the moment the era is a beta because i am working on description and see the balance and if the skills work.

And for later, i am thinking for a neutral faction.

I need your answer for a question:
Would you i post the stats of each unit or would you i let you to discover the era ?

Thanks and have fun all :)
Author of:
- Two Opposing Powers
Syron

Re: Two Opposing Powers era

Post by Syron »

Hello players !

I updated the era to 0.0.2 Beta !

The descriptions of units are available now.
Author of:
- Two Opposing Powers
IPS

Post by IPS »

I didnt tested it, but I will soon.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Syron

Post by Syron »

Ok, but i am updating to another version to have more balance than now :)
Author of:
- Two Opposing Powers
IPS

Post by IPS »

I will test your era with you tommorrow.

At 8 pm aproximily for france ;)
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Syron

Post by Syron »

Ok, i updated the era to 0.0.3 Beta.

I added a scout unit without attacks. (I don't finish :))
I added a level up for the Injured Warriors.

Have fun :)
Author of:
- Two Opposing Powers
Syron

Post by Syron »

I updated to version 0.0.4 BETA.

I edited :
- I added a halo on the Angel

- the level up for scouts. They can become a great fighter if he survives ;)
They have skimirsher ability and a little attack able to slow ennemies.

- the Totem Skeleton. I removed the terror aura, i made other way for this unit. it has 3 attacks, only one is usable on offensive. It can summon an undead, but with a lot of difficult. And it has 2 attacks on defense only, one able to poison and the other anti-archer. The race of totem is human because i wished his bones can be poisoned. ^^

- The wolf summonable with the elf: They can earn the Hp when he kill now

- The elf has a better damage on the rain arrows.

- The corrupted dwarf has the number of attacks reduced on his hammer.

- The unit summonable by Priest has no counter attack: The opponents can't defend them against this unit. And when he level up, he becomes more interesting than before :)

Now i wish you, good game and have fun 8)
Author of:
- Two Opposing Powers
IPS

Post by IPS »

I think, the swordmen, should have a weak atack like 7-2 without kill (8-4 is their's normal atack).

And paladin, should have an weak blade sword like 6-3 without kill (because it's blessed) and, them with the arcane sword should do 5-2 (instead 10-1 because it's a miss or hit, and It's really nasty).

1-1 to elvish, dwarvish, human and daemon units sucks much. Paladin cost also more than the swordman to do less dammage with their new 6-3 blade atack...

And, the skeletons what are the invocations of the Dark Summoner should have 70% res to pierce and blade instead 100%... (Swordman should do them 3-4 instead 1-4....)
Syron

Post by Syron »

- If i remove "Kill", i remove the main idea of the era. I put "Kill" on the normal attack ;)
Magical attacks, and unit with feeding abilities haven't "kill".

- If i add another attack for the paladin lvl 1, the swordmans will be ignored. If you saw my work of the update, you will saw the attack of paladins has been edited and they have one number attack of more. ;)

- Paladins cost more than warrior because they can kill undead. The warrior undead can be killed on one shoot in day, and on 2 shoot in night with a paladin. Actually the idea of paladin for the level 1, he can kill undead only and heal a little his allies. He has more resistance than a warrior. When he level up, he get an aquatic sword ! Cold attack that can drain, slow and has always 60% chance to hit. The paladins has less experience point than the mages :)

- The idea of 100% res of skeletons is because i wish this unit must be killed only by arcane and fire attack :)

- For the Daemon i saw my mistake after your comment ! I am editing his resistance against arcane.

After that, i will be think on your comments too and i will test on a lot of games !

Thanks. Good Game and have fun !
Author of:
- Two Opposing Powers
IPS

Post by IPS »

but 100% is to high. I think 80% res squeletons is more than sufficent, Squeletons haves more dammage than a swordman, so, 2-4 vs 10-4 is a lot unbalanced :)
Aura

Post by Aura »

The elf archers have insane attack damage. Make it lower. The same with quite a lot of units (8-4 for a summoned skeleton ?). That or up the HP of most units. The ideas of all the specials are nice though.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Rain Arrows hability sucks really... Frequently, you hit 2 or 3 times only. And that is so low.

Them don't have mele counter atack and haves to low hp. I think them are balanced.