Wose Faction

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

flying_pancake
Location: In my coffin/ on the computer getting chalky fingers

Re: Wose Faction

Post by flying_pancake »

That's gonna take some good wml.

Or at least something that is better than my knowledge of wml.
Creator of Skulls faction (in progress)
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

actually that would be quite simple wml, but I agree with your second statement - seeing the stats you wrote you have no idea of wml or the game mechanics
area defences do NOT go below 0, that's only applicable to resistances or as a way of forcing certain defences on ambiguous terrain types
..and you named the kelp a "skull" and made it undead..ok we do have undead plants in the game (wose zombies), but judging by the rest of this topic that's not the case here..actually it seems like you didn't really think what you were writing

speaking of negative resistances - I've had a look at this faction in the so called Infinite Era (don't know if you authorised its appearance there at all) and must remind you that resistances written in unit files are not the resistances you see in game (% of damage reduced), but % of what is taken. In other words -10 resistance in the file does not mean -10% resistance in game, but 110%..which is meaningless in fact as any resistance of 100% and above simply reduces any damage to 1
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here
flying_pancake
Location: In my coffin/ on the computer getting chalky fingers

Post by flying_pancake »

>c
Creator of Skulls faction (in progress)
Phyreprooph

Post by Phyreprooph »

I didn't authorize crap! :evil: I'll allow use to this faction when it's finished. No one should be using my stuff without my permission!
I is it on the add-ons server? I can't find it. :annoyed:
Everything is edible, some things just aren't good for you.

Current Project: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=30104
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

it's on the 1.9 add-on server, don't see it on 1.8 fortunately
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Phyreprooph

Post by Phyreprooph »

Well I can't find it... :? I can't really report on something I haven't seen can I?

StDrake

Post by StDrake »

seems it got removed before you got to it, I don't see it there anymore either (they must be reading this or what?)
well that's good news then, one less thing to worry about
Phyreprooph

Post by Phyreprooph »

Cool as. Thanks for that StDrake. :D I appreciate it. Never would have found it myself. Don't play the game enough regularly. :D

Phyreprooph

Post by Phyreprooph »

And there's the update on everything on the first page where everyone can see it. :D

infiniteelf

Post by infiniteelf »

A lot of trees send off runners, this could be a way to introduce scouts, have one tree called mother tree something like that, and it sends out runners, it summons them like summoners in TLU(cost 7gp 1exp gain), but they are level 0 and have 10hp, 6 movement skirmisher in trees, slow in water and sand and mountains and caves other than that fast on everything, same resistances as a regular wose, maybe worse for blade and better for pierce since they are so small. and to make it tricky, the mother tree can only send out double her level of runners, and if they move she can't. if she is attacked, depending on damage % they die off. make it so them have a 1-1 attack in ranged leaf throw(impact) and 2-1 attack in melee, twig whip(blade/impact) level up at 40 exp (suppose to really hard to do) and they level to independent runner 30 hp, 7 movement attacks increase to 7-2 melee and 3-2 ranged(branch drop) loses skirmisher in trees. They can't be recalled. sound good or not.
wopsie123

Post by wopsie123 »

infiniteelf's post inspired me to trry to at least make the base frames for the mother tree and runner.

*uploads the pics... darn it doesn't look like the runner is shaded*
Attachments
the mother tree thing
the mother tree thing
mother tree.png (3.16 KiB) Viewed 14324 times
the runner
the runner
Runner.png (924 Bytes) Viewed 14324 times
I couldn't figure out how to give the runner a face... i fixed that
I couldn't figure out how to give the runner a face... i fixed that
silly Runner.png (1.23 KiB) Viewed 14324 times
powershot

Post by powershot »

wose shaman":
wose-shaman.png
wose-shaman.png (7.41 KiB) Viewed 14278 times
wose-shaman (7).png
wose-shaman (7).png (6.88 KiB) Viewed 14278 times
Wose stangler:
Attachments
wose-shaman-trunk.png
wose-shaman-trunk.png (4.36 KiB) Viewed 14278 times
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
fmac81

Post by fmac81 »

I have some units in my campaign the War of the Woses you can use. They are just the undead sprites, with a flame attack from the Troll shaman, and dark woses with a cold "wind" attack. (wail animation)

You are free to take a look and change 'em up if you want.

Thanks,
fmac81
MetalKing

Post by MetalKing »

I see this thread forst time and are appaled about the design of the Woses. =:-O

a) Woses are not Plants!
b) Woses are humanoid meaning that they have 2 Arms and 2 Legs, a Head with a Face and walk upright and have a Voice to speak.
c) Their Bodies are out of something similar like Wood and can burn but Woses are not walking Trees even they look like.
Cacti is something really scarring. I guess these Points are contraproductive to the existing Work but I wasn't able to see the Drawingss without leaving a Post about.

Btw. Woses and Trolls shares something. As Trolls are out of Stone and magical Entities. I don't know for Woses but guess they are magical Entities as well and from Wood/Trees but humanoid. There is another important Point: Trolls are totally vulnerable to SunLight while Woses like SunLight alot. Trolls in SunLight turns into that which they are from: Stone.

However, I like the Idea of a Variety (Faction) of different Woses but Woses don't produce or use Swords etc. You can hardly determine a Location a Wose would call his Home aside of it's inside a Forest and offer some Comfort like floating Water and some Kind of "Roof" (but not a House). A Forge require (Char)Coal and CharCoal gets produced from Wood and Wood comes from Trees and Trees are their Friends. Don't expect they fire the Corpses of their dead Friends as you won't heat you House with the Corpses of your Friends. Got the Point? So they have no Forges. It's thinkable that "modern" Woses are willing to use a Sword which is sized adequate to the Wose's Size but I never saw any Wose shoping in the Town.

I think these Abilities of Woses are interesting: Preparation and Portions and Healing. E.g. the Elvish Shaman cans let Plants acting against her Enemies and heal. These Capabilties fit also well to Woses. Woses could do some Kinds of Terraforming like change the Terrain (slowly/delayed) into Forest or replace the Forest what is closer what Woses are about. Woses could also create Channels or damage Dikes and Banks. No Problem with magical talented Woses.

However, I don't want to argue against the Idea of a Wose-Fraction but the Cactus-Image let me tremble.

Best, MK
"Sir! We are surrounded by our enemies!" - "Excellent ! We can attack in every direction!"
"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." -- Albert Einstein
No Source - No Binary - No Trust!
Map Wesnoth Springs - The great War [200x120],Player=9
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

MetalKing wrote: Btw. Woses and Trolls shares something. As Trolls are out of Stone and magical Entities. I don't know for Woses but guess they are magical Entities as well and from Wood/Trees but humanoid. There is another important Point: Trolls are totally vulnerable to SunLight while Woses like SunLight alot. Trolls in SunLight turns into that which they are from: Stone.
Wesnoth trolls don't turn into stone at day, they just can't see as good as at night, and are thus weaker at day.