War of Legends [MP Era for Wesnoth 1.16/1.18]

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: War of Legends [MP Era for Wesnoth 1.10+]

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Velensk wrote:No. Truth be told I have no idea how strong they are or why. I'm not familiar with the faction. What I was describing was a way to abstract their strength so that you can figure out what needs to be done.
Well, after playing a considerable number of rounds against them, I see that that they have low costs and the level 2 mystic units are a pain to any foe since they have both arcane and fire/cold magic attacks. The Carapace units are hard to kill and comparatively cheap. So, I should start from there.

Here's the current faction tree:http://units.wesnoth.org/trunk/War_of_L ... outherners
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

So now let me give you an example of how to apply what I said to those stats.

So use their weakened -25% stats as a base. So example for the archer
that leaves it with a 5-2 sword and a 4-5 bow, which would be equal to a normal elven archer except that on top of what it says they have an alignment and are fearless or in other words two power phases per day with no penalties, which is a clear and powerful advantage. Looking at the movetype it looks like they don't enjoy an elves forest move and defense but get bonus's in sand. I would say that the forest prowess is more useful than the sand and so you have to weight the slightly less favorable movetype against the two free power phases.

I don't really have time to playtest this faction right now but just at a glance the major warning flag I see is the hunter. Slows is an incredibly powerful ability and he seems to have it at little cost to his primary melee unit status. Thus although he's a little more expensive, has a little worse movetype, and a little less hp than a typical elven fighter he is a lot more resistant to ranged attacks, he can stop enemies from running away, he can minimize retaliation his allies take, and to top it off, he has two free power phases too.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Velensk wrote:So now let me give you an example of how to apply what I said to those stats.

So use their weakened -25% stats as a base. So example for the archer
that leaves it with a 5-2 sword and a 4-5 bow, which would be equal to a normal elven archer except that on top of what it says they have an alignment and are fearless or in other words two power phases per day with no penalties, which is a clear and powerful advantage. Looking at the movetype it looks like they don't enjoy an elves forest move and defense but get bonus's in sand. I would say that the forest prowess is more useful than the sand and so you have to weight the slightly less favorable movetype against the two free power phases.

I don't really have time to playtest this faction right now but just at a glance the major warning flag I see is the hunter. Slows is an incredibly powerful ability and he seems to have it at little cost to his primary melee unit status. Thus although he's a little more expensive, has a little worse movetype, and a little less hp than a typical elven fighter he is a lot more resistant to ranged attacks, he can stop enemies from running away, he can minimize retaliation his allies take, and to top it off, he has two free power phases too.
This is what I did so far:
Spoiler:
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

New Release. Please Update.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

New Release. Please Update.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

New Release. Please update.

Code: Select all

version v1.1.5.1

Eras:

---> Fixed a typing error.
---> Fixed a number of bugs in Empowered Legend Era

Southerners:

---> Removed a misleading {SPECIAL_NOTES_ARCANE} from the Dust Devil's description.
---> Fixed the causes of a deprecated description warning from the Dust Devil.
---> ID part of 'South Elven' changed to 'Southern'
---> New units: Southern Captain, Southern Chieftain, Empyrean Druid (Faction is now complete)
---> Guard-line now has 50% defence on sand/desert terrain.
---> Fixed a animation glitch for the Empyrean Druid

Elementals:

---> Brazier Imp: +1 melee damage, +1 HP
---> Furnace Beast: +3 HP, +2 melee damage, -22 XP
---> Lava Giant: +3 melee damage, +2 cost
---> Lava Behemoth: +4 melee damage
---> Fire Wisp: +marksman ranged, -1 cost
---> Fire Ghost: +marksman ranged, +1 ranged damage, +6 cost
---> Ethereal Orb: +3 cost, +3 HP
---> Sylph: -1 melee damage, -1 cost
---> Zephyr: -3 cost
---> Djinn: -6 cost, -1 melee damage
---> Razorbird: +3 HP, +1 melee damage, -1 cost 
---> Thunderbird: +4 HP, +1 melee damage, -6 cost, +enchanted lightning, lightning changed from 7-4 to 15-2
---> Kobold: +7 HP
---> Stone Golem: -4 XP, + 5 HP, +1 melee damage
---> Stone Titan: +1 fist damage, -2 stone blade damage, -6 cost, +1 HP
---> Vine Beast: -2 cost
---> Vine Tiger: +1 melee damage, +1 thorns damage, +2 damage and -1 strikes ensnare
---> Ice Crab: +2 cost
---> Ice Shell: +1 melee damage, -2 ranged damage & +1 ranged strikes, +3 cost
---> Fixed the problem with the elemental regenerative abilities. They were deprecated, but I have updated them.

Human Alliance:

---> Added the Custodian
---> Glaiver is now renamed to Sentry.
---> Sentries can now advance to Custodians

SP only:

---> Added Dwarven units armed with Crossbows.
---> Infantry Commander renamed to Custodian
---> Defence animation for the Titanium Decimator (credits to ChaosRider)
---> Introduced a Level 4 advancement to the Iron Mauler: the Titanium Decimator. This unit is unlocked in SP by including a special macro in the extra defines inside the [campaign] tags.
---> Increased the Iron Mauler's XP requirements from 198 to 215
---> Fixed a glitch with the animations of Elvish Trapper and Elvish Prowler
---> Removed Cavalry Archer
---> Removed the Archer Knight
---> Added the Mounted Bowman as an alternate advancement for the Cavalryman. This unit is unlocked in SP by including a special macro in the extra defines inside the [campaign] tags.
ballislife15

Post by ballislife15 »

ON the scenario meet the masters im getting unknown unit type archer knight
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

ballislife15 wrote:ON the scenario meet the masters im getting unknown unit type archer knight
Darn it, I thought I had fixed that... BTW, you're supposed to be posting this in TLB's thread. I have fixed that and I will upload the fix now.
BomSite

Post by BomSite »

Hi Knightmare,

I couldn't pm you, so i thought to ask it here.
For an update or our add-on Extended Armies Era, we have taken the next units from your creation:
Orcish Nightblade, Outlaw shaman, Outlaw Wizard, Outlaw Sorcerer, Orcish Shaman, Orcish Warlock, Orcish Sorcerer
We would like to let you know ;)

Info:
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=37358

Greetings,
Bom(b)Site
Bom(b)Site is the work of tree brothers: my work, his work and he has done work.

The result of that work is the Extended Armies Era: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=37358
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

BomSite wrote:Hi Knightmare,

I couldn't pm you, so i thought to ask it here.
For an update or our add-on Extended Armies Era, we have taken the next units from your creation:
Orcish Nightblade, Outlaw shaman, Outlaw Wizard, Outlaw Sorcerer, Orcish Shaman, Orcish Warlock, Orcish Sorcerer
We would like to let you know ;)

Info:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=37358

Greetings,
Bom(b)Site
Since it's GPL, then it's no problem. :)
BomSite

Post by BomSite »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: Since it's GPL, then it's no problem. :)
Yes. But we always prefer to let something know.
Its kind of some respect for the good work others have done ;)
Bom(b)Site is the work of tree brothers: my work, his work and he has done work.

The result of that work is the Extended Armies Era: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=37358
regnak

Post by regnak »

Is there a way to go back to the previous WoL version? I updated it the other day and I think it is causing this:

Error while playing the game: game_error: Unknown unit type Nature Ascendant

this is in A Song of Fire and happened after I copied in a fix Revansurik had made for a scenario. I also tried to load a later scenario I had gotten a problem with and go the same message albeit with Dragon Sorceress.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Is there a way to go back to the previous WoL version? I updated it the other day and I think it is causing this:
Yes, there is. Just the download the version you want from my Git repo. However, I have only kept the previous four releases...
regnak

Post by regnak »

Ok what do I want to dl there? The source code? And then I should copy it into my add ons folder right?
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

regnak wrote:Ok what do I want to dl there? The source code? And then I should copy it into my add ons folder right?
Both files are the same thing... (just the compress formats are different). Additionally, I did provide installation details.
https://github.com/knyghtmare/War_of_Le ... of-legends

Yes, you just download and place it in your add-ons folder...