War of Legends [MP Era for Wesnoth 1.10+]

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Lord-Knightmare
Forum Regular
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: War of Legends [MP Era for Wesnoth 1.10+]

Post by Lord-Knightmare » May 18th, 2018, 10:04 am

a) Giving them both 60% defence on castle (they're not tanks, so giving them a slightly higher defence on that terrain shouldn't break them)
Done.
b) Make the Rune Forger's attacks magical (with the arbiter's magical/slowing attack + melee attack, there's absolutely no logical reason anyone would ever advance Savants to Rune Forger). Or maybe not give them 'magical' attack - but it's important to give them any advantage over the Arbiter, otherwise the Rune Forger will be effectively useless as a unit.
Gave the Rune Forger magical for all its attacks. It's basically a heavy damage dealer now.
I'll also insist on what I said about the Weaver line needing some boosts...
As for the Weaver-line, I have checked it. The Prophetess-line seems to be in need of the most adjustment.
I have the following ideas:
  • Add magical to melee and add an arcane ranged attack such as divine lightning and give it a fancy name like ancient lightning cipher.
  • Add magic armor like that in Skyrim. Buffed resistances for all damage types and adding steadfast.
  • Add a ranged attack that petrifies an opponent for one turn. It could be called paralysing cipher or chronostasis cipher. We're still discussing the attack name.
Here's the current change-log:
Spoiler:

revansurik

Post by revansurik » May 18th, 2018, 4:38 pm

Lord-Knightmare wrote:
May 18th, 2018, 10:04 am
Gave the Rune Forger magical for all its attacks. It's basically a heavy damage dealer now.
Great! :)
Lord-Knightmare wrote:
May 18th, 2018, 10:04 am
I have the following ideas:
  • Add magical to melee and add an arcane ranged attack such as divine lightning and give it a fancy name like ancient lightning cipher.
  • Add magic armor like that in Skyrim. Buffed resistances for all damage types and adding steadfast.
  • Add a ranged attack that petrifies an opponent for one turn. It could be called paralysing cipher or chronostasis cipher. We're still discussing the attack name.
I'd add all three of them :lol: Since the Herald line is already more battle-oriented, in keeping with the unit description the Prophetess and Ascendant could be more of a support unit that deals no heavy damage but has a variety of unique skills/abilities. The ancient lightning cipher could be a stronger attack (even single use, like 25-1, with 'magical') just so she won't be completely defenceless. Magic armour would also make her more durable on the battlefield. For the Ascendant, I'd even give her the 'Protection' ability, allowing her to slightly increase the defence of allied lv1-lvl3 units (again, Windsong are strongly defensive), as well as teleport; considering that they deal pretty low damage, even with all these abilities they shouldn't be broken - they'd mostly be the ultimate support unit.
I also love the petrify attack! It should deal pretty low damage (like, 1 point of damage/2 uses), since it already paralyses the opponent. And I'm in favour of 'chronostasis cipher' - sounds a lot more badass :D

On the Herald/Envoy line - I still think their attacks should get 'magical' (or maybe 'enchanted' would be best) ;)
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)

Lord-Knightmare
Forum Regular
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare » May 18th, 2018, 5:25 pm

I'd add all three of them :lol: Since the Herald line is already more battle-oriented, in keeping with the unit description the Prophetess and Ascendant could be more of a support unit that deals no heavy damage but has a variety of unique skills/abilities. The ancient lightning cipher could be a stronger attack (even single use, like 25-1, with 'magical') just so she won't be completely defenceless. Magic armour would also make her more durable on the battlefield. For the Ascendant, I'd even give her the 'Protection' ability, allowing her to slightly increase the defence of allied lv1-lvl3 units (again, Windsong are strongly defensive), as well as teleport; considering that they deal pretty low damage, even with all these abilities they shouldn't be broken - they'd mostly be the ultimate support unit.
I also love the petrify attack! It should deal pretty low damage (like, 1 point of damage/2 uses), since it already paralyses the opponent. And I'm in favour of 'chronostasis cipher' - sounds a lot more badass
I will make changes now. Gonna need some help in writing the code for the Chronostasis cipher event though. Chrono means time and stasis is 'halting' something. Since petrifies literally stops units permanently, they are sorta frozen in time... :lol:
On the Herald/Envoy line - I still think their attacks should get 'magical' (or maybe 'enchanted' would be best)
Add 'precision' (80% chance to hit on offence) to their ranged attack?

Lord-Knightmare
Forum Regular

Post by Lord-Knightmare » May 18th, 2018, 5:51 pm

Here's the code I think would work...
Spoiler:
Gonna try it out tomorrow.

revansurik

Post by revansurik » May 20th, 2018, 4:31 am

Lord-Knightmare wrote:
May 18th, 2018, 5:25 pm
Add 'precision' (80% chance to hit on offence) to their ranged attack?
Sounds sweet :D

I'll try the code for Chronostasis myself later this sunday (it's currently 1:30 am and I'm starting to falter :lol: )
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)

Lord-Knightmare
Forum Regular

Post by Lord-Knightmare » May 21st, 2018, 8:53 pm

Hey, everyone...

I am too lazy to write a post here today so, would you all mind if we move straight to the point?

War of Legends v1.1.9 has officially been released!