Chinese/Japanese Culture Based Faction

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Chaman

Chinese/Japanese Culture Based Faction

Post by Chaman »

Hi,this is my first post,so please try to be polite,i'm just want to contribute to the community with some ideas.
Well here it is, the idea it's the next:
I'm thinking in a Chinese/Japanese based faction ,I mean, obviously it's not japan or china,but based on it, i think it would be fine,with some things like guns, samurai things,ronin,ninjas,and so and so on,it's just an idea.

Another idea that i have it's a WWII mod ,it only need units ,the terrain doesn't necessarily needs to be modified,i think would be fun play with faction like axis and allies countries.

If somebody like this ideas just tell me and i will do my best to help

P.S.: i'm no naturally english speaker,so i'm trying my best,sorry if i have some grammar errors
Vladcara

Re: Chinese/Japanese Culture Based Faction

Post by Vladcara »

I like the idea of a Japanese faction. I know Aura has a few graphics you could use.

I like the WWII mod idea less so-Wesnoth is a fantasy game after all-and I think it could be difficult to get some one to make art for it (but don't let me put you off :) )

Welcome to the forums!
'Wow, Brazil's big!'
George Bush, when shown a map of the world
PapaSmurfReloaded

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded »

Vladcara wrote:I like the WWII mod idea less so-Wesnoth is a fantasy game after all-and I think it could be difficult to get some one to make art for it (but don't let me put you off :) )
Correction, in origin Wesnoth is a fantasy game, but there is no real reason to limit Wesnoth engine capabilities.

About the japanese thing, the ageless era has some yokai.

http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20100
Last edited by PapaSmurfReloaded on September 3rd, 2010, 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Golbeeze

Post by Golbeeze »

The "Mercenaries" era has the "Emperor's Guard" which is basically an oriental faction. It may not suit your needs overall, but it may be worth checking out. It has ninjas, samurai, a basic gunpowder unit, etc. If nothing else, it may give you ideas. :)
My_Own_Minion: get rid of the scientist, i can take the blind guy

Talkative: You're like the Wizard of Oz, but evil.

Add-ons in 1.8: Golbeeze's Maps, Golbeeze's RPGs, Evolving Era
Contributor to and Maintainer of Mercenaries
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

You can also check out my Ninja Faction from Internet Meme Era (see sig) :)
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny - Frank Zappa
Current projects: Internet meme Era, The Settlers of Wesnoth
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

Chaman wrote:Another idea that i have it's a WWII mod ,it only need units ,the terrain doesn't necessarily needs to be modified,i think would be fun play with faction like axis and allies countries.
Check out Modern Combat, by PK and A_Guy. There's a link in my sig.