Archaic Era (BfW 1.18)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: Archaic Era 0.9.19 (for BfW 1.8)

Post by doofus-01 »

adm wrote:The mummy is simply too strong.
Yes, I should look at that one again. I might make it have four levels, tacking on a weaker version and calling that level 1. Then shift everyone else up.
IPS wrote:Maybe the statues should have only 1 Strike to petrify, that should the statues the half of useful to petrify.
That would certainly be easy to do. Or I could make the penalty for holding the victims larger.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
adm

Post by adm »

Can't you modify the statue so that it can only petrify 1 unit at a time?

I found a bug. If you petrify a unit and this attack also kills the unit then the statue still takes selfdamage even though the unit is dead.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

adm wrote:Can't you modify the statue so that it can only petrify 1 unit at a time?
The damage per victim was supposed to make it so that you could petrify many units, but not hold onto them for very long. If it is too easy to petrify most of the opponent's side, I'd rather raise that penalty.
adm wrote:I found a bug. If you petrify a unit and this attack also kills the unit then the statue still takes selfdamage even though the unit is dead.
Thanks.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

0.9.20 just went to the server.
Changes include:
- New unit line in Ukians, to go along with the horsemen.
- adjusting the chance-to-hit in Khthon vector.
- fixing the instance when a statue kills someone, mentioned above.
- nerfing the Phantom's mummy.

I think that covers it.
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: Archaic Era 0.9.20 (for BfW 1.8)

Post by doofus-01 »

0.9.21 just went to the server. There is a new unit line for the South-Seas faction. I think that is now enough units. I might add some more branches at some point, but no more recruits.
adm

Post by adm »

I noticed that you also reduced the terrain defense of the phantoms. You should do the same with the despairs.

If you view the unit description of the lvl 1 mummy it still says that it heals +4 even though it only heals +2. The "mouse over" info is correct though.

The widow of the despairs is too strong. It costs only 14 gold and is way too easy to level.

I found another bug with the statue. When the statue petrifies the enemy leader it is not really working since you can't petrify the enemy leader. But the enemy leader still counts as a petrified unit and therefore the statue takes selfdamage.
galeanthrope

Post by galeanthrope »

Hello,

Since last week, I've been working on translating your era in French and It's done now. It would be better if someone could check my translations but I think you can already integrate it in the era.

You can download the .po file here :
http://ubuntuone.com/p/6hS/
Or here :
http://rapidshare.com/files/397535724/fr.po.html

Thank you,

--
Le Galéanthrope
Meow!
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks, Galeanthrope. I think it would be best to send those to Torangan or maybe someone on the French translation team. Myself, I do not know French so I can't check them over. I also don't think I can enter the .po files into the system at berlios.

Have you seen this page (if you are not Gillaume D)? http://wiki.wesnoth.org/FrenchTranslation
Feufochmar

Post by Feufochmar »

I am currently working on the Frech tranlation of Archaic Era (I am Guillaume D, and I've started to work on the translation of Archaic Era since nearly a month). I have already send a translation on the French translation mailing list to discuss it. The translation is not yet on wescamp and most of the strings still have the fuzzy status (although almost all is translated).

Galeanthrope : you should be on the french translation mailing list if you want to help the translatations of UMC. I will see your translation to see what are the differences between yours and mine (and maybe merging part of your translation into mine).

I attach here the po file and the mo file generated (fuzzy status ignored). Discussion and suggestion about this translation should occur on the french translation mailing list (or by MP if you don't want to subscribe the mailing list).
To use the french translation, just extract the archive in the archaic era folder.

Edit : I've updated the files after comparing the translations.
Attachments
translations.tar.gz
WIP French translation
(56.34 KiB) Downloaded 366 times
Last edited by Feufochmar on June 11th, 2010, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

OK, thanks for clearing that up. Next release will have the these.

And if people are actually reading and translating the descriptions, I should try to get more of them done. That will be next time as well.

Not sure when that will be, but it's on my list, so something like 10 days.

Thanks again.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Hey, Widow is very overpowered, you can increase their price to 23.

Widow
5-2 Mele arcane
6-3 pierce ranged (magical)

hp: 27
MP: 6
cost: 14 (very low)

Ressistances: 20% res to pierce, blade and impact, 10% to cold and -10% to arcane.
Note: 50% def in flat.

I think the Widow should cost 23 because better ressistances, better mele, better health, better defenses, better movement than a mage, but only also a bit worst ranged than a mage, but with that lot of adventages I Buy it 1 or 2 times it for a price of 23.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.0.0 went to the server.

I think the issues with the Despair faction, mentioned above, are fixed. I made the wisp units a little better by giving them skirmisher and multiple attacks, but they should still be weak enough that it's OK. Translations (hu, fr) were also added.
IPS

Re: Archaic Era 1.0.0 (for BfW 1.8)

Post by IPS »

OK.

I think Ukian regular is very powerful to cost 14:

Ukian Regular

8-3 pierce mele (first strike)
4-2 blade ranged

hp: 36
MP: 5
Cost: 14.

Now, we should do the comparation to a Spearman of Loyalist faction:

Spearman
7-3 pierce mele (firs strike)
6-1 pierce ranged

hp: 36
MP: 5
Cost: 14.

You can see the Ukian regular haves a better spear atack and a better ranged atack to cost the same than a spearman.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Makes sense, thanks. Changing the Ukians too much will throw off Bad Moon Rising, but I guess I can work something out with preprocessor stuff.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.0.1 just went to the server. The South-Seas Shoreman got adjusted a bit, maybe overpowered. But he wasn't very useful before.