Archaic Era (BfW 1.18)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

z5x1

Re: Archaic Era (for BfW 1.12.x)

Post by z5x1 »

Yes, the changes are successful, I like :)
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Cool, thanks.

I've uploaded 1.7.2 to the BfW 1.12 server. There were some more changes to the Northern Orcs faction. The Northern Orcs, along with the Ukians and Khthon, are the factions that I want to put the most polish on, so if anyone is interested in giving feedback on the era, please focus on those three factions. (Those are also the ones that I'm putting effort into animating.)
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.7.3 has been uploaded to BfW 1.12 server.
- I realized that a change to Ukian faction, almost a year ago, which allowed Runners and Dogs to go into Deep Water, hurt some maps in campaign Bad Moon Rising. It also didn't make much sense thematically. So, I've given Ukians a level 0 Seal, which is a swimmer, though it's not a great unit otherwise. It does have level 1 advancements, so it should be OK for MP.
- There are some more animations and sprite updates for Northern Orcs.

I also split some factions off into Archaic Era Extended:
Ukians, Northern Orcs, Despair, Khthon, Loyalists, and Undead are the standard Archaic Era factions.

All the rest (South-Seas, Primeval, Menagerie, Phantom) are in the 'extended' version of the era.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
Elvish_King

Post by Elvish_King »

I really enjoy playing Archaic Era and while playing I noticed one thing: Is it right that the Ukian Subcommander can't advance to the Ukian Commander?
Visit my threads:
Era:Era of more units
Artwork:Art
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Hi Elvish_King. Yes, it was intentional. The leaders of the campaign Bad_Moon_Risng (where the Ukians originated) were "Commanders", so it didn't make sense to me to have more Commanders on the recall list. As for MP, "Commander" is a level 4 unit, so I didn't think it mattered much.
Elvish_King

Post by Elvish_King »

Oh, sorry. I can understand what you mean, it is like the Runesmith and the Arcanister. :eng:
Visit my threads:
Era:Era of more units
Artwork:Art
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.7.4 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.12 server. The Despair faction has been overhauled; there are some graphics updates, but the unit stats have also been changed, and the stone ability of the statues has been changed to something that I believe is more intutitive, even with place-holder animation.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.7.5 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.12 server. There were a number of very minor updates to Orcs and Despair. This update is basically to keep things in sync with campaign Bad Moon Rising, I don't think it will affect MP much.

Archaic_Resources has also been updated to 1.1.6; some minor new graphics and a minor terrain variation.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.7.6 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.12 server. There were some very minor updates, mostly to orcs and primeval.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

In current version in 1.12 server I noticed that

Spirit Dove and Spirit Jay unit name has Sprit not Spirit
Fright has unterminated single quote(as error message said, cause might be <i> just as well), breaking unit description
Rock Snapper has no amla.

I would like to know if the mummy line is planned to remain broken.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Ravana wrote:Spirit Dove and Spirit Jay unit name has Sprit not Spirit
Been like that for years, apparently, about time that was fixed...
Ravana wrote:Fright has unterminated single quote(as error message said, cause might be <i> just as well), breaking unit description
It looked reasonable enough to me, but you're right, pango or something doesn't like it. I'll just delete the description.
Ravana wrote:Rock Snapper has no amla.
And now it does, thanks.
I'll probably upload this weekend.
Ravana wrote:I would like to know if the mummy line is planned to remain broken.
Broken?
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Broken as in there is level 0-1 and 3-4 mummy, but not level 2.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Yes, that was intentional, and will stay that way. I suppose I could move the upper levels to Archaic Resources, out of the era, if it causes confusion.

I was thinking of making a sort of priest/priestess with a white bird theme (probably not an ibis, though it was inspired by that), but never got around to it. If the faction is really missing something, I could reconsider it, I guess.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I've uploaded 1.7.7, it has the fixes noticed above.
Xara

Post by Xara »

Hello. And I have a question, that why isn't Ukian Officer an available leader option? Is it intended?
It pronounces Sha'ha, not Zara.

Feedback Thread of my Add-ons