Archaic Era (BfW 1.18)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: Archaic Era (Active for BfW 1.13, Maintenance for BfW 1.

Post by doofus-01 »

Eagle_11 wrote:Hi, i have applied teamcoloring to this version of orcish serf and enhanced the tc on some others. attached any have got.
serf.png
Thanks. I'm not sure what I think about the look, but if it provides some functionality, I guess it should be applied. Let me think about this, maybe there is some middle-ground. :hmm:
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

Oh, yeah forgot to do the wanderer. attached, here.
alternate teamcolor applied version
alternate teamcolor applied version
wanderer.png (2.51 KiB) Viewed 17355 times
Attachments
fix'd. this one had not save, for some reason.
fix'd. this one had not save, for some reason.
drifter-cast2.png (1.86 KiB) Viewed 17355 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I've just uploaded 1.7.35 to the BfW 1.13 server. There were some graphics updates, though I forgot to take Eagle_11's TC stuff into account. I'll try to get that next time.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

No new version on add-on server, but I have put this on Github, link on first post. Pull Requests there may be the best way to handle translations. Or maybe not, who knows.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.7.36 is uploaded to the BfW 1.13 server. There were some graphics updates and other stuff... I should update this later with a better change-log.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Archaic_Era 1.7.37 has been uploaded to BfW 1.13 server, mostly just graphical updates, and similarly for Archaic_Resources 1.1.25.

I've also updated the artwork license (see file ART_LICENSE in both add-ons) in line with the new Wesnoth policy regarding CC. Most artwork is now CC BY-SA. Some of the images used parts of mainline images, so they are derivatives of GPL work. I think I've got it straight what is what, specified in the file ART_LICENSE. I didn't bother with little images in "items" directory, for example - it would be too difficult to figure out what all was derivative of mainline GPL assets. To the best of my knowledge, the only source I used to derive art that isn't completely original is mainline Wesnoth, but if anything slipped through (it's been evolving over many years), I will update the ART_LICENSE.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.7.38 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.13 server. There were a variety of bugfixes and small, incremental improvements, the closest thing I have to a change-log is probably the commit history on github.com: https://github.com/doofus-01/wesnoth-Ar ... its/master
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.7.40 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.13 server. There were some not-so-minor graphics updates, but nothing fundamental has changed.

EDIT: I should also say that Archaic_Resources have been updated to 1.2.0, the most recent change is to add some more "Sci-Fi" terrain, and to remove a lot of old, unused detritus.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.7.41 has been uploaded to the 1.13 server. This is a joyous moment, folks, for this update is the birth of a new race, included in Menagerie faction.
There are only three units for now (L1->L3), but maybe a branch or a second unit type could be added later. They are partially animated. They are a bit silly, but so what. They will show up in the Mech-centric scenarios of SP campaign Trinity.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

the roswellian psionic blast ability seems to progress rather weirdly when advaning (lvl1: 9-2 > lvl2: 11-2 > lvl3: 10-2). it probably should be something like 9-2 > 12-2 > 16-2
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

ForestDragon wrote:the roswellian psionic blast ability seems to progress rather weirdly when advaning
I'd originally had it as magical, instead of first-strike, then adjusted the damage when I changed it, but didn't test the tank man well enough I guess, since I forgot to raise his damage.

I've uploaded 1.7.41.a that fixes this (and has a few more animation frames). Thanks.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

(Disclaimer: I am aware that this doesn't fully belong here, but there Isn't a thread for archaic resources, so...) when loading Trinity with the new arhaic resources version, the following error message appears (it seems you messed something up with the wail macro):
error_image.png
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Decided to contribute edited ranged attack animation code for the roswellian line:
lvl1:
lvl2:
lvl3:
btw, I think the lvl2's melee damage should be buffed to 6-2, or the tank's crush should be nerfed to 11-2 (since lvl1: 3-2 > lvl2: 5-2 > lvl3: 12-2 isn't a very smooth progression)
Last edited by ForestDragon on January 11th, 2018, 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

Ive been using the Orcish Firestarter sprite as an lvl2 orc archer dead-end branchoff unit that keeps the bow so the Northerners faction isnt entirely void of longrange capability attacks in one of my eras.
The sprite remaint a bit too large and detailed for an lvl2 unit, since you have made the sprite may i ask if you would be willing to modify it a bit to have an lvl2 version of it.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

ForestDragon wrote:(Disclaimer: I am aware that this doesn't fully belong here, but there Isn't a thread for archaic resources, so...) when loading Trinity with the new arhaic resources version, the following error message appears (it seems you messed something up with the wail macro):
error_image.png
I had thought that macro made it into BfW 1.13.10, but it looks like it missed it by a few days. If you use master or 1.13.11 (whenever that comes out), the error will go away. Until then, I will try to upload a fix for this tomorrow. It will be in the add-on Archaic Resources.
Thanks for reporting.

(I'll try address the other things tomorrow too, not trying to give the silent treatment.)

EDIT: I've uploaded Archaic Resources 1.2.0.a that backports that macro to BfW 1.13.10 and lower... at least I think it does, I don't have 1.13.10 installed. Let me know if the error doesn't go away. Thanks.