Archaic Era (BfW 1.18)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Battlecruiser_Venca

Re: Archaic Era (for BfW 1.12.x)

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

doofus-01 wrote:
Battlecruiser_Venca wrote:doofus-01: add a dummy weapon specials to attacks to indicate which ones are attack/defense-only
That's not a bad idea, but I'm not entirely sure I think it's needed. If the attack was an option in the attack dialogue that suddenly wasn't available or didn't do any damage when you tried to use it (like vector attack used to be), it would be needed for sure. I could put a description for the unit though, that's several years overdue.
Ageless uses dummy weapon special to indicate attack/defense only attacks. From player's perspective it is a weapon special but it's implemented by an another way (hidden from the player). So adding such special is the most obvious way to tell the player that this attack is attack/defense only obviously.
doofus-01 wrote:
Battlecruiser_Venca wrote:EDIT: an another bug: khthon thralls can be re-enthralled by an opponent (this can happen in a 2v2 match where at least one player on each side is Khthon and at least one player in match is not immune to enthrallment)
:hmm: Not sure that's a bug. They can be turned into walking corpses as well, they are not "unplagueable". I don't see any breakdown in logic, though maybe logic can't apply to something like this.
When re-thralling, the unit's HP and arcane resistance is further decreased.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.7.14 has been sent to the BfW 1.12 server. Most significant update was to Khthon vector/enthrall stuff, where a conflict of events could cause strange things to happen during advancement. There were also some minor graphics updates.

I hesitated on the dummy special thing for the attack dogs, then I forgot to put it in. I'll probably include it next time, though I'm not crazy about it.
---------------------------------------------
Battlecruiser_Venca wrote:When re-thralling, the unit's HP and arcane resistance is further decreased.
It would be odd if the rules changed for them, I think. Recycled thralls are just not as good as fresh ones, kind of like wood-pulp or plastics.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.7.15 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.12 server. Two changes:
1. Ukian War Dogs - I put that dummy special in there and tried to give an animation that makes sense, but there is either a limit to the animation engine or a limit to my intelligence, so it isn't perfect.
2. New unit line in the Phantoms.

EDIT: 1.7.16 has been uploaded. Just some small graphics fixes and updates.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
Kewltist

Post by Kewltist »

Just played with Ukians in a multiplayer match. Seals are best thing ever!
Are they included in any current versions of Archaic Era campaigns? :C they are too sweet not to be
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Hi,

Thanks. No, they are just MP/Era for now. I suppose they could be fit in somewhere, but I'd need to think about it for a while.
-----------------
EDIT: Oct. 4th, 2015 - Archaic Resources has been updated to version 1.1.13. The editor tiles have been cleaned up (only matters in the map editor), and there were a couple more terrain updates .
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.7.17 has been uploaded to the 1.12 server. It's mostly a graphics update. I'd planned to update the menagerie faction, but my laptop is having troubles. So I'm just going to post this here while I can:
EDIT:Updated add-on to 1.7.17a, with Menagerie faction update. Image removed from this forum post, because sprites are in add-on now.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.7.18 has been uploaded to BfW 1.12 server. Most of the changes centered on the Menagerie faction:
1. Increased Blue Lizard attack, but got rid of poison.
2. Increased Defender & Sentinel HP (HP went down from level 1, must have been a mistake)
3. New graphics for the green humans
4. Added an Earth Daemon line, got rid of scout robot.

I think the faction is less a random collection now, every unit has some connection to at least one other.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.17.19 has been uploaded to BfW 1.12 server. Major change is to Ukian faction, replaced the Vassal (a half-assed unit, little thought & no imagination) with Northern Herdsman. Very high HP, fire attacks, but expensive, lawful, and mounted move-type - I think they fill a niche against the Despair and the Undead, but are not too overpowered. But I'm open to adjusting them as needed. The sprite will probably be trimmed down.

BTW, I noticed Ukiah is a town in California, USA, so that makes this faction seem rather odd, but, uh, what can I say? Did I already know this and forget? Just don't pay too much attention to this fact... I will put this fact in the first post.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.17.20 has been uploaded to BfW 1.12 server.
- The new Ukian mounted unit is still in flux.
- Menagerie assimilation weapon special has been updated.
- There were some animation updates for various random units.

Archaic Resources has also had some terrain updates.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

doofus-01 wrote:1.17.20 has been uploaded to BfW 1.12 server.
Seems not to have been the case. Either the server was reset to an earlier backup, or I hallucinated.
In any case, 1.17.21 has been uploaded to BfW 1.12 server. The previous description still holds.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Version bump to 1.7.22 on the BfW 1.12 server. Minor graphics updates to Menagerie faction, not much of an update really.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.7.23 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.13 (development) server, for the first time. It appears to work. The khthon vector attack, for example, mostly works. But there are probably issues that will show up.

There aren't many changes from the previous BfW 1.12 version.

Archaic Resources and Archaic Sounds have also been uploaded to BfW 1.13 server.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.7.24 has been uploaded to BfW 1.13.2 server. There were a few small graphics updates, but the biggest change is to the khthon turtles: The AI is now aware of the shell hiding ability, though the function for that is still pretty crappy and I hope to do better in the future.

It seems the AI could use khthon vector attack, even when it wasn't available, and this was most noticeable in the hiding turtles. I believe I have fixed the hiding turtles, but the "illegal" vector attack may show up for other khthon. I think it's an engine bug, but who knows...
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.7.25 has been uploaded to BfW 1.13.2 server. There were a few small graphics updates, but the biggest change is that the AI now "knows about" the Khthon enthrall special. Doesn't have too much impact unless there are advanced level units on the map, but it should be useful in some cases.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.7.26 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.13 server. It is a pretty minor update, mostly graphics. There was a small change to the Despair Statues that hopefully avoids occasional crashes. I plan to look into the Statues more in the next update.

Also, Archaic Resources has been updated; there were some new units relevant to campaign Bad Moon Rising.