Archaic Era (BfW 1.18)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: Archaic Era (for BfW 1.8, 1.9)

Post by doofus-01 »

1.3.11 has been uploaded. It is needed for the latest BMR release (Trinity is probably a broken mess at this point ...)

I also made some changes to the orcs, it might have some small effect for multiplayer.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: Archaic Era (for BfW 1.8, 1.9)

Post by doofus-01 »

1.3.12 has been uploaded.

Most changes are with Khthon: there are a few new upper level units; vector attack should be a bit more sane now.

Primeval also got two level 4...

I think those are all the most noticeable changes.

(I'm changing the title of this thread, because I have nothing to do with BfW 1.8 anymore.)
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
william150

Re: Archaic Era (for BfW 1.9/1.10)

Post by william150 »

the Ipoten, has a different arcane resistances to its level 2, the Nightmare, and lost Nightstalk. :cry: , the Taraxippon has Nightstalk and arcane resistances though not as arcane attacks as the Nightmare what is strange :hmm: .
the Khalkotaurus is overpowered :augh: , looks like a level 5 unit.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Hrm, yeah. That was a mistake. I've changed the horses and updated the era to 1.3.12a. Thanks.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.3.13 has been released. It doesn't have much new for MP, but it has some terrain in development. It is needed for the (very early stage and admittedly not much fun yet) new campaign Tales of the Setting Sun...
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.3.14 has been released. It has changes to terrain, not the factions, so it is probably a pointless update for most users.

But the dead forest terrain has been fixed and some work has been done on the marble tower terrain graphics.
adr3n

Post by adr3n »

is this still being worked on?
alluton

Post by alluton »

Since creator posted here 2 days ago it is most likely being activly(i may have invented that word) created.
"This game cured me of my real life addiction."
-Flameslash
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

This is not abandoned, why do you ask?
adr3n

Post by adr3n »

doofus-01 wrote:This is not abandoned, why do you ask?
Just checking :D
william150

Post by william150 »

vector damage does not work, only works in the khthons units created in the mode debug and only when they do not need to use any move to attack and only when it is in its first round of existence, that is impossible because when we recruited the unit she does not have any movement. I use the latest version of the era. and have wesnoth 1.9.12.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I just checked in MP local game, and it seems to work OK. I think it just needs to be explained better (not just here - In game, of course).

Vector is really unbalanced, so it can't be a standard attack. It currently is supposed to work like this:
Khthon can't use it unless it is surrounded (n,s or nw,se or sw,ne - I suppose n,sw,se should be included), and it is dying (less than 12 HP). It's basically a weapon of last resort. If it were just like plague, it would be too powerful. Maybe the first condition (surrounded) is too much, but the second (<12 HP) is necessary, I think.

It may be clunky as it is, suggestions are welcome.
william150

Post by william150 »

is really, sorry for this inconvenience needs a better description, I wish Khthon could only use the attack once and do not hit dies. normal chance of success hit, so not need to have 12 hps or be surrounded, the unit that has a Khthon the vector could be used but only once again or the body of each unit can use the vector only once unless a new body.
:eng: BALANCES

Ukians
Other things need to be balanced as an increase in the cost of the northern fighter he has good resistances and hp, very good melee damage! and has 5 moves faster when their cost increases to 16 or higher.
Orcs
Orcish serf need better differentiation of the grunt orc giving the serf cost 13, 6 mps, and a weak ranged attack Axe throw 4-1.

Phantons
Archer lv2 have to have more hp than the stalker tornal more useful for Staker after the stalker has desert, backstab, and the same total damage during the night.
SigillumMilitum

Post by SigillumMilitum »

Hey everyone first post here, woo, finally have a real impetus: I've noticed that while the Ukian War Hound has a powerful torch attack, I am not in fact able to use it. Didn't see anything about "defense only" or something like that. I'll make do until this is fixed but just giving you a heads up.

Also I don't know anything about the dev process but I think I could contribute meaningfully to unit descriptions.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

SigillumMilitum wrote:Hey everyone first post here, woo, finally have a real impetus: I've noticed that while the Ukian War Hound has a powerful torch attack, I am not in fact able to use it. Didn't see anything about "defense only" or something like that. I'll make do until this is fixed but just giving you a heads up.
The torch attack is defense-only, though it may not be explicitly said anywhere... I had in mind to do a defense animation for that, rather than the bumper-car default, but it wasn't high on my list. I suppose a dummy ability could be used.
SigillumMilitum wrote:Also I don't know anything about the dev process but I think I could contribute meaningfully to unit descriptions.
Sure. You can post them here, start a post in Writer's Forum, or just PM me if you don't want other people commenting. No promises that they get committed, but it would be a help.
Thanks.