Era of the Future Development

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Era of the Future Development

Post by Pentarctagon »

wesfreak wrote:if he's weak, he won't even be able to lift a broadsword. These things aren't as fast as the rapiers that the fencers use.
i agree with the concept, but it would seem that giving them a weapon that is faster/weaker would be more in line with the faction concept (maybe a short-sword or something similar?).
wesfreak wrote:If there are problems with this unit being to easily killed, can't we make it so that the lvl 2 of the leader line is instead a branch for the northman? it totally defeats the purpose to have lvl 1 leadership if the faction has no lvl 0's.
all of this faction's unit should get killed in an equal 1v1 combat with another faction's lvl 1 unit. as for the lvl 1 leadership with no lvl 0's, what about taking the archer and making it into a lvl zero? its stats wouldn't actually have too change much and it would make the lvl 1 leadership actually have a purpose.

edit- it was found out from Ageless era that there is an extra zero in the arcane resistance line for the turtle movetype, this is also true in EotF.
Last edited by Pentarctagon on January 8th, 2010, 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Huston

Post by Huston »

ok pent. well the balancing is your department, so what do you think would be best for the balance of the faction.
coded Rebellion During the Dark Age
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

ok, i will probably post another release with those changes, some bug-fixes, and some lvl2+ balancing in a day or two then.
Mirion147

Post by Mirion147 »

Also, The Herbicidier image is misspelled or the image= thing is 'cause it doesn't show up in game, I had that trouble last time (I just can't spell it right..)
Take a look at the Era of the Future!
Current factions: The Welkin, The Brungar, and The Nordhris!
^This is old news lol but I don't care^
New news -> Up the River Bork Campaign!
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

k, thanks for letting me know. also, is the slaughterer's (lvl 2 advancement of the northman/snowrunner) blade attack supposed to be 3-9?
Huston

Post by Huston »

i did it on purpose, but if you think it would be better suited some other way, feel free to change it.
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

its not that i think one way would be better than the other, it just seemed out of place compared to the damage/strikes of it's other two attacks.
Huston

Post by Huston »

ah ok. i found a bug with the witch doctor.cfg so i fixed it. replace old .cfg file with this one.
Witch_Doctor.cfg
(899 Bytes) Downloaded 138 times
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

that was one of the things i changed, if anyone bothered to read my changes-for-balance purposes posts.

Could someone implement the changes i asked for for the brungar (since you don't want me to)? (page 49 of this forum) These have all been agreed upon/are needed for balance purposes.
Huston

Post by Huston »

i thought i did implement some of those changes you made wesfreak.
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

either never posted them or didn't put them on the add on list (saw a crab with pierce 8-2 before i posted that)
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

none of wesfreaks changes to the brungar were in the last release, i agree with most of them-except the herbalist changes. the 3-9 does 27 damage with a near 100% chance of poisoning-i don't think that there are any mainline poison units that have either that much total damage possible or such a high chance of poisoning the enemy. 1-20 has a similar change of poisoning the opponent, but a lower damage potential.

also, a brief description of why you think that the changes are necessary far all proposed changes besides 'they are necessary for balancing the faction' would be appreciated.

ps-i will include the other changes if no one else has an issue with that.
Huston

Post by Huston »

hmm i thought i did include some of them, o well, must have gotten lost somewhere. anyways go ahead and add the changes pent.
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

here's the new release:

balance changes:
1. most of wesfreak's changes (herbalist has 3-7 instead of 3-9 to stay consistant with the change to the practitioner. otherwise, all wesfreak's changes were added).
2. changed dire reaver's melee from 5-4 to 6-4 and range from 5-3 to 6-3 since it was essentially a lvl 2 with the attack power of a elvish fighter.
3. made the ice archer lvl 0 and the ice ranger lvl 1 both in order to make them easier to balance and to give the lvl 1 leadership a purpose. i forget exactly what changes i made besides lowering the lvl, but i did weaken them a bit so that their cost could remain low.
4. increased dragonheart's melee attack from 5-5 to 7-5 (it is a lvl 3 afterall)
5. decreased farseer's hp from 52-44, and decreased ranged attack from 7-4 marksman to 6-4 marksman because these units are supposed to be weaker, but more numerous than the enemy and the farseer's hp is still doubled at 44 from lvling up. i also changed the attack name from scouting bow to composite bow.
6. the frenetic shaman...it needs some work. there isnt really much that i can do to it to weaken it against undead enough and still be effective against the other races without a change in either the melee/ranged attack type. the problem is that the berserker special removes any inhibition to use the shaman aggressively since it wont go into a berserker rage on defense as well-so it is basically the bane on mages (adepts in particular-no melee) while the 4-4 arcane attack become 6-4 against skeletons plus they are also weak against impact-so 5-2 becomes 6-2. the impact attacks also happen to be the one type of attack that ghouls are not resistant to. and all of this costs only 11 gold.
7. changed the lionheart's melee attack from 5-4 to 6-4
8. changed northguard’s attack from 6-4 to 7-4 and the ranged attack from 4-3 to 3-3, mostly so that a lvl 2 didn’t have the same melee strength as a strong elvish fighter.
9. changed the snowrunner’s cost from 14 to 12, since it is very weak except for its high mp. Also raised mp to 9 from 8. Also increase the frostdasher and icebounder’s mp from 9 to 10.
10. increased warlord’s melee from 6-4 to 7-4
Attachments
EotF.ZIP
(771.45 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

i agree with all the changes here.

what if we gave the frenetic shamen a rage thing, so it only did 2 or 3 extra rounds of attacks instead of 30 like beserker? we could also change the arcane damage to cold damage, but that might leave the faction underpowered against undead.