Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

-stf-

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.8

Post by -stf- »

If you want, I can send you all changed files against current version, that fix most problems under linux (not missing images, that can't be found also in original eras).
nani

Post by nani »

-stf- wrote:unit image is missing for:
[...] ME_units/blight/x3-undertow.cfg
That one is a strange fix. The appropriate image is already there, but it is called "blacktide.png", so rename it to "undertow.png" and voilà.

@-stf-: Did you already fix the following image links?
  • Ageless_Era/units/EoMa_units/Sky_Kingdom/MysticalWarrior.cfg

before

Code: Select all

image="units/enlightened/MysticWarrior*.png"
    after

image="units/enlightened/mysticwarrior*.png"
  • Ageless_Era/units/EoMa_units/Sky_Kingdom/HiddenFace.cfg

before

image="units/enlightened/HiddenFace*.png"
    after

image="units/enlightened/hiddenface*.png"
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

If you coded something then send it to me via pm. If not, post what needs to be changed. If you did that, then I should get to it eventually :)
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
jonius

Post by jonius »

Whats about the translation thing? It seems to be needed, that all strings that should be translated have underline before. Should i do so and send you the changed files?
-stf-

Post by -stf- »

nani wrote:
-stf- wrote:unit image is missing for:
[...] ME_units/blight/x3-undertow.cfg
That one is a strange fix. The appropriate image is already there, but it is called "blacktide.png", so rename it to "undertow.png" and voilà.
Not a fix but blacktide.png is for i2-blacktide.cfg so it can't be renamed, because it's another unit.
nani wrote:@-stf-: Did you already fix the following image links?
I will do it and then I will send all fixes and suggested changes to mnewton1
nani

Post by nani »

Yeah, I was mistaken the real fix is actually this:
  • Ageless_Era/units/ME_units/blight/i1-darkcurrent.cfg
    before

advances_to=AE Blight Untertow,AE Blight Fleshpool
    after

advances_to=AE Blight Blacktide,AE Blight Fleshpool
  • Ageless_Era/units/ME_units/blight/i2-blacktide.cfg
    before

advances_to=null
    after

advances_to=AE Blight Undertow
And now we are at the point of missing the image for the undertow.
AlaskanAvenger

Post by AlaskanAvenger »

no need, I've already fixed all those things and sent it to him.
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

Someone remember Crusader and Frontiersman(from the auxiliary era) in the Loyalist Extended era?Why in the AE those nice units are removed?Can be re-implemented?And why the primevals loose all that units?The old version primevals was really better(with the right balancing but with the same unit variety)

There is a ID mistake betwin Warg Stalker and Darklander Stalker, same thing with Darkblood Shaman and Highlander Shaman..

Here the fix
Attachments
ID Fix Darklander Highlander.rar
(5.19 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
AlaskanAvenger

Post by AlaskanAvenger »

just so we don't keep correcting the same thing here is what I have changed so far in my version and sent to mnewton. The balancing changes still have to be approved.

Refugees:
This faction is currently very strong, but the sarissan, what is meant to be its main unit, is currently useless because to reach a good 10-2 melee damage, it must have 3 units adjacent to it. By doubling the effectiveness of grouping, this unit can gain a 11-2 melee with just 2 units adjacent, with the most probably damage inflicted being 15-2 for the center unit, and down to 9-2 for corner troops, thus making them very weak (7-2 melee) when spread out or alone, but very strong in tight formation. This will probably need to be altered slightly later, perhaps reduce base melee damage to 6-2, as it may be too strong atm, but the flavour change should be very nice for the faction as a whole. In addition I nerfed the damage output of the auxilary troops as they were strong enough to stand on their own before, thus ruining the point of the sarissan. Also gave the ship movement over land to prevent trapping in the keep.
- rabble: disallowed advancing to gaurd
- cleaner: reduced melee from 6-2==>4-2 & range from 8-2==>7-2
- purifier: reduced range from 11-3==>10-3
- courier: reduced melee from 7-2==>5-2
- messenger: reduced melee from 9-3==>7-3
- envoy: reduced melee from 11-3==>9-3
- rabble: reduced cost from 15==>13, reduced melee to 4-4, & reduced range to 5-2
- maceman: reduced range from 9-3==>7-3
- greeter: reduced range from 12-3 ==>10-3
- longboat: changed move cost from unreachable to 4 for castle, villiage, flat, sand, & frozen; and increased moves from 5==>6
- trireme: changed move cost from unreachable to 4 for castle, villiage, flat, sand, & frozen; and increased moves from 6==>7
- sarissan branch: doubled the effect of grouping ability (2 additional damage dealt per each adjacent unit with grouping instead of 1)
- javelineer: reduced melee damage to 8-3
- linebacker: doubled effect of "support" ability
- defender line: fixed block ability
Hive:
A good faction overall, but powerless to stop a dragon/drake spam due to overall fire weakness, especially for the swarm line which is their main source of pierce. To remedy this I gave the heavy beetle line a small resist to fire and decent resist to impact, and as this unit only has 4 moves and 10-2 pierce damage, this should not influence any other other matchup.
- beetle line (not including tick & flea): increased impact resist to 30, increased fire resist to 20, & decreased pierce resist to 10
Eventide:
Weak faction overall due to lack of hp and odd layout of bonusses. increased desperado hp to give them a unit with impact that did not have deilluminate for undead matches and increased the hp of the noct macelord for a further boost.
- desperado: increased hp from 22==>34
- madcap: increased hp from 36==>46
- noct maceman: increased hp from 32==>38
Fanatics:
- martyr: fixed once and for all by giving kamikaze (renamed this ability suicide) and precision for its suicide attack & reduced damage to 50-1 to compensate for increased success vs any unit.
- bladesman branch: fixed zeal ability (double resist on offense)
Imperialists:
- sapper: fixed sapper ability
Slavers:
- Slaveholder tree: fixed oos errors with plague attacks
Blight:
Removed skirmish for the hound because such an ability made it insanely good at chief assasination and also made it almost impossible to protect mages in the back line. Also increased xp requirements of infected as 1 kill wwould level it at 50% or less experience making it very difficult to stop a horde of them if properly used.
- hound tree: removed skirmish, increased infected hounds charge from 9-2==>10-2
- infected: increased xp requirements from 16==>24
- dark current line: fixed advancement path and threw together a sprite for the undertow
Tribalists:
No impact in this faction except for canoe melee, making it completely worthless vs undead or a similar faction because boomerang thrower did not work. According to Gambit, such an abillity is impossible.
- boomaranger: removed return weapon special & boomerang event. gave new weapon special spinning (increases chance to hit by 10%). increased melee damage from 0==>5-2 & range damage from 5-1==>7-2
- rang-er: removed return weapon special & boomerang event. gave new weapon special spinning (increases chance to hit by 10%). increased melee damage from 0==>7-2 & range damage from 7-1==>14-2
Darklanders:
- stalker: changed unit id to AE efm Stalker to stop it from appearing in Warg recruit list
Highlanders:
- shaman: changed unit id to AE efm Shaman to stop it from appearing as Darkblood level two mage
Seastates
- snapper: changed unit id to AE efm Snapper to stop it from upgrading incorrectly
Warg:
- stalker branch: changed the "blank" attack icon to blank-attack to remove the annoying "poop scooping peasant" icon
Skykingdom:
- mystical warrior & hidden face: fixed image path
Kalifa:
- ekim: fixed image route for case sensitive systems
For Era of Myths
- changed EOM to EoM at Ageless_Era/data/EoM_data/_data.cfg
For all units in EFM
- changed the unit defense image path which was incorrect in all cases
-stf-

Post by -stf- »

AlaskanAvenger wrote:no need, I've already fixed all those things and sent it to him.
I already sent it, but I will send it here as well so you can see these changes.
Attachments
Ageless_Era_fixes.zip
(49.75 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
lesy

Post by lesy »

AlaskanAvenger wrote:just so we don't keep correcting the same thing here is what I have changed so far in my version and sent to mnewton. The balancing changes still have to be approved.
hey excellent job AlaskanAvenger, i hope it gets released soon and i'm ready to test the balancing changes or even propose more throughout the era.

could you perhaps have a look at my bug-list from page 80 (http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 85#p507557) looks like you have a good chance to fix them quickly (you already did about half of them).
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

That balancing are perfect for that factions(i played a lot with AE and i support all the change ;) )
I think your fix with all the other in this topic can be the new AE 4.9(maybe with the addiscion of Varijear)

Yokai actually area really unbalanced(too weak in my opinion)Steelhive,Phantom and Despair are weak too

Ceresian League and Eltireans have something too much strong in theyr units

(sometimes my english is really bad :| )
nani

Post by nani »

RenoOfTurks wrote:Yokai actually area really unbalanced
That reminds me of something.
Although only the 2-1 love potion attack from the Feyborn Witch should have the charm ability,
for me at least charm also works with the 7-3 spectral shard attack for each attack.
Is it only me having this bug?
AlaskanAvenger

Post by AlaskanAvenger »

no, that is a known bug, although I wouldn't revert it completely back to what it is meant to be as that faction is rather weak already and that can give a nice boost, especially seeing it only applies to level 1 units.
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

In the .rar with the fix missing some things you have wrote in the post for example the Eventide modifications,the Boomerang thrower and the EFM ids correction!(and i think u have missed something else to put into the rar)

Be sure to send to mnewton1 a complete rar file!!(and please post it here!)