Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Temuchin Khan

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 2.6

Post by Temuchin Khan »

JW wrote:
Temuchin Khan wrote:I have discovered that the Ageless Era has a problem which has at times afflicted similar eras (All Factions Era, Extended Era) in the past: In some cases, a faction that has been rebalanced for the Ageless Era will prevent that faction from functioning as it was originally designed in the era it came from.

Let me give an example: when the Ageless Era is installed, the Imperial Era Lavinian Legion has the same stats as the Ageless Era Lavinian Legion. However, when the AE is uninstallled, the IE Lavinian Legion gets its original stats back.

Is there a way to fix this?
Use different unit ids than the IE. I would also recommend this for any EE and EOM factions as well.

Example: most EOM unit ids are prefixed with "EOM_". Simply change this to "AE_" and compatibility will never become an issue. :) (but it is annoying to do - though it needs only be done once)
Yes, I remembered this after making the post. Still, I'm glad I posted it, just to alert the era designer to the the problem.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

hmm... I thought I replied. Guess not. I believe that the problem is that the word Ageless comes before Imperial and so computer automatically sort files by alphabetical order. THen the game would read Ageless Era's files first and the would be the dominant files. Because Ageless Era units still have the same ids as other eras, Ageless Era units overwrite the other units. Another problem I have found is that when I had EOM installed some of the vampires sprite images disappeared. I am slowly working on changing the names of the images and the ids of the units so this does not happen. But there is 47 factions so I will take a very long time...
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

uhm...maybe in future you can add other faction,for example the Anakes,the Wood Warrior and the Elementals(the one with water,fire,air,earth golem) from the BEEM...are really cute faction ...other tip...the extended era sithe are better then the one from the imperial!
Voodoo

Post by Voodoo »

Hi Mnewton1,
I'm sorry but I have to tell you that Calydonians in Ageless era still have the same ids of BEEM.
Could you please change them? They make conflict..
Thanks
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Voodoo wrote:Hi Mnewton1,
I'm sorry but I have to tell you that Calydonians in Ageless era still have the same ids of BEEM.
Thanks
Changed.
RenoOfTurks wrote:uhm...maybe in future you can add other faction,for example the Anakes,the Wood Warrior and the Elementals(the one with water,fire,air,earth golem) from the BEEM...are really cute faction ...other tip...the extended era sithe are better then the one from the imperial!
Elementals: I am not going to add the elementals because they are basically the same as the summoners except they are changed around just a bit.

I was thinking of adding the Wood Warriors and Anakes. It would add a megabyte or two to the file size though and Ageless Era is pretty big. They would be pretty easy to add because they are already balance...

Also I am going to balance the Vampires and the Warg
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
Voodoo

Post by Voodoo »

mnewton1 wrote:
Voodoo wrote:Hi Mnewton1,
Thanks
Changed.

Thanks!
Please remember to do the same to Anakes and/or Wood Warriors if you add them!
See you!
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

please don't destroy the original vampire statistic >.< are my favourite faction
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Lol I will not destroy them. I will only modify them. :wink:

I will change the ids of the Anakes and the Wood Warriors
Creator of Ageless Era
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

for me this era is very very nice :lol2: u have a very good idea to make it...i'm not good with the wml :S but if u want i can search and tell to you the most nice faction from other eras

*edit:i found some interesting faction in the "Mystic Era" called "water creatures"(have a lot of super levelled unit :S maybe u can remove it) and "monsters"(are quite ok...maybe need some unite price change)...the other faction are not nothing to special...maybe take a look of "dark warrios" and "Fallen" but are very VERY unbalanced :S especially one unit from the "dark warriors" the black knight is really OVERPOWERED!! o.o
Another interesting era is Mercenary Era....have a huge amount of faction...there are some interessant faction like the Emperor guard or avians or fiend...etc etc..if u want take a look of this eras... ;) maybe u found something to cool (in the mercenary era the unit are quite balanced)
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

RenoOfTurks wrote:the extended era sithe are better then the one from the imperial!
As someone who helped with both the Imperial Era and the Extended Era, I wanted to add my comments here.

The differences between the IE and EE Sidhe, as far as I can remember, are:

1) The IE Sidhe are the version developed by the original creator. The EE Sidhe broke off and developed in a different direction.

2) The IE 2 Wanderer line has poison, the EE Wanderer line (as far as I can remember) does not.

3) The IE Warrior Spirit line has impact damage and regeneration, the EE Warrior Spirit line has blade damage and sylvan spark. The IE line originally had blade, but it was changed to impact for balancing.

4) The EE Sidhe have additional units: a bear, added to provide impact damage, and the hoarfroster line (I did their descriptions), added to provide cold damage.

Basically, I'm not willing to say that either version of the Sidhe is better than the other.
Barsoom

Post by Barsoom »

Temuchin Khan wrote:Basically, I'm not willing to say that either version of the Sidhe is better than the other.
I am. First, the IE Sidhe have better graphics. Second, poison works really well with their playing style. Third, I don't like bears.
JW

Post by JW »

Barsoom wrote:Third, I don't like bears.
Neither do I.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

I third that.

Also, sadly life is being annoying and giving me more work so I am going a lot slower on my work on ageless era...
So far you can expect the Warg and the Vampires balanced and there will be 2 extra factions. The Wood Warriors and the Anakes
Creator of Ageless Era
Tet

Post by Tet »

I would have a suggestion:

Please group them in specific races. Please make "sub" races. It would actually be nice if the units show up as a faction in the help menue.

Do not call all humans human.

More like

AE Human: Kharos
AE Human: Summoner
AE Elves: Sidhe
AE Elves: High Elves
AE Dwarves: Clockwork
My Temple Project: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=29800
This is "must-play" campaign! Don´t read the thread, unless you need help. http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31895
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

Temuchin Khan wrote:
RenoOfTurks wrote:the extended era sithe are better then the one from the imperial!
As someone who helped with both the Imperial Era and the Extended Era, I wanted to add my comments here.

The differences between the IE and EE Sidhe, as far as I can remember, are:

1) The IE Sidhe are the version developed by the original creator. The EE Sidhe broke off and developed in a different direction.

2) The IE 2 Wanderer line has poison, the EE Wanderer line (as far as I can remember) does not.

3) The IE Warrior Spirit line has impact damage and regeneration, the EE Warrior Spirit line has blade damage and sylvan spark. The IE line originally had blade, but it was changed to impact for balancing.

4) The EE Sidhe have additional units: a bear, added to provide impact damage, and the hoarfroster line (I did their descriptions), added to provide cold damage.

Basically, I'm not willing to say that either version of the Sidhe is better than the other.
i prefere the old sithe becouse have better graphic style(at my opinion)and have + unit...the bear and the hoarfroster are very important unit for this faction..without this unit the faction lose a lot of good thing...