Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

IPS

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.6

Post by IPS »

I saw yesterday when a player has a mercenaries faction, when the person recruit a unit in a faction from Mercs it reports a sync error. It's not grave because it happens only when the player recruit the unit (but not when he moves or use the units). I would like to you check the reasson of the error and a posible solution of it.

I had observed too some units in feudal era, many of them to be balanced needs energy weakness, but only some factions from feudal era has energy. Then the other faction can't use the weakness to energy from some units like the Wanderer, and the wanderer to be balanced they need to have -30% res to energy. I suggest to you decrease some hps from that units with weakness to energy; more higher is the weakness to energy the unit must suffer a penalty of hit points higher.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
TheEmptyLord

Post by TheEmptyLord »

I saw yesterday when a player has a mercenaries faction, when the person recruit a unit in a faction from Mercs it reports a sync error. It's not grave because it happens only when the player recruit the unit (but not when he moves or use the units). I would like to you check the reasson of the error and a posible solution of it.
It happened to me and others several times but after re-downloading Ageless it fixed the problem
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

Steel Bladewhirler from Steel Hive faction seems to be overpowered.
I think it should be nerfed.
In an Orocia game it survived till the end, killing a lot of enemies.
Favourite Eras: Ageless Era; Eastern Europe at War.
Favourite MP Map: Creep War.
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

A bladewhirler surviving? That's unheard of! It's a berserker, for crying out loud.

Then again I've never played Orocia, so maybe some key gameplay differences are changing its balance. I wouldn't know.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

IPS wrote:I saw yesterday when a player has a mercenaries faction, when the person recruit a unit in a faction from Mercs it reports a sync error. It's not grave because it happens only when the player recruit the unit (but not when he moves or use the units). I would like to you check the reasson of the error and a posible solution of it.
Can you give me a specific faction or a replay? It is probably because the era event at the beginning of the game might be different from yours. There are several other possibilities, but this seems the must likely.
IPS wrote:I had observed too some units in feudal era, many of them to be balanced needs energy weakness, but only some factions from feudal era has energy. Then the other faction can't use the weakness to energy from some units like the Wanderer, and the wanderer to be balanced they need to have -30% res to energy. I suggest to you decrease some hps from that units with weakness to energy; more higher is the weakness to energy the unit must suffer a penalty of hit points higher.
I have actually removed the energy type entirely and changed it to fire. Resistance have been changed slightly throughout Feudal and Imperial Era slightly to accommodate for this.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
Reepurr

Post by Reepurr »

Zerovirus wrote:A bladewhirler surviving? That's unheard of! It's a berserker, for crying out loud.
Actually, I coddle my bladewhirlers (thanks for doing them Zero, Melinath) and only really use them to massacre archers. Plus, if you look at the Steelhive version's stats, it trumps the dwarves' berserker in every way: defence, resistance (sometimes), hitpoints, experience to AMLA and total damage.
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

Bug: the unit with repair from Steelhive faction heals living units, instead of just mechanical units.
Favourite Eras: Ageless Era; Eastern Europe at War.
Favourite MP Map: Creep War.
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

Aragwaithi Archer standing frame doasn't work (look invisible)

I'm returned :whistle:
IPS

Post by IPS »

Steelhive faction is now overpowered. Overall their slashers, you have changed the stats of the steelhive faction to balance it, but now they are overpowered becuase a slasher costs less than a spearman and it's a lot better. 50% def with those weakness is better because againist the weak elemments it's right, but it has ressistance to blade, arcane and pierce but with that high defense the slashers are overpowered. A solution can be decreasing their defense to 40% in lv1 and to 50% to lv2, this is because with their ressistances they are balanced but their hp is now to high for their 13 cost ... I think a Slasher can beat 2 spearmen now.

I know the enemy player can recruit only those units what are useful againist steelhive, but their hp must compense that so they don't need that high defense. Not all the factions does have magical, so I think they need normal defense, but due their weakness to cold and fire and no traits thing does to they cost what they does cost if you accept my suggerences.

Another thing, Steel Sparkgazer is to overpowered. 11-4 fire ranged it's the offensive of a lv3 unit not the offensive of a lv2 unit and they have 7-3 mele too; it's a lv2 unit what can beat a lv3 unit like the royal guard.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Ryuuzaki52

Post by Ryuuzaki52 »

I'm really new here, so I hope I'm allowed to post this here...I modified the art for Bladewhirler (Steelhive), it just seemed...Skewed to me :<...If I post it, is there a way it could make it into Ageless?
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

If it's better than the current sprite, than it will probably be implemented. Only the quality of your work determines whether or not it will be used, not how experienced your are. :D
Ryuuzaki52

Post by Ryuuzaki52 »

I'm trying to get the animation in on my own, but I really can't script this stuff...My avatar is the idle one though! I can upload the animation, what host is preferred here?
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

There's a function called "attachments" ... I think it should be what you're looking for ;)
Just scroll a bit down in the full editor window

Crend
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
Ryuuzaki52

Post by Ryuuzaki52 »

Here's the animimation and the idle stance, does it work? :)
Attachments
Bladewhirler.zip
(36.13 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

...I'm not quite sure what's going on with that animation. A glowing circle appears and the unit flashes TC?

I had an updated version of the baseframe that I never committed into the era (which by my new art standards these days isn't much of an improvement, really), but yours seems to fit the idea of the unit a bit better, despite the obvious mirroring.