Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Reepurr

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 4.3

Post by Reepurr »

A quick question.

Why the heck doesn't the flame sprite even have a magical fireball attack in the screenie? :lol2:
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!
wall

Post by wall »

Hi,

I was wondering if adding the water nymph in the warg faction would be possible.
I really miss her ;-)

Concerning the fire sprite, i think era of myth is quite a well balanced era.
The stats of the units shouldnt thus be changed.

In my opinion, ageless era cannot be balanced anyway!
There are too many units in it.

Have a nice day all.
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

Some News??Incoming version??work in progress??
IPS

Post by IPS »

Dark Legion Suggerences.

1.- Decrease the mele dammage of the Dark Legion's archer. It has the same hp and ranged dammage than a loyalist archer, but with a better mele (6-2 instead 4-2) and with 5-2 poisonous arrow. Or increase the price of this archer.

I think, this archer must have worse mele than the loyalist archer (maybe 6-2 to 6-1) or be more expensive than it.

2.- Longbowman must have 6-2 mele because they are a Long Bowman but with an aditional 5-3 poisonous arrows.

3.- The Heavy Longbowman must have 7-3 mele dammage (instead 9-3) and 7-3 poisonous arrows (instead 5-4) but their 10-4 musn't be decreased. The Masterbowman from loyalist faction does have 8-3 mele and 10-4 ranged. In ageless era the Heavy Longbowman from Dark Legion faction is a lot better than the Masterbowman from the loyalist faction.

4.- Dark Legion's Crossbowman must have 4-3 mele (instead 7-3) and only 5 movement points (instead 6 movement points). The ranged atack from this unit is the same than an orcish crossbowman, so its balanced.

5.- Dark Legion's Crossbowman must have 7-3 blade mele (instead 9-3). This unit like the Crossbowman must have only 5 of movement and not 6. The ranged is balanced too, it's the same than a Oricsh Slurgbow, but with these changes the Orcish Slurgbow must have more mele dammage than this crossbowman, but less hp.

After, I do more suggerences :)
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

I'm told that this era now breaks default by giving strange advancement paths to the skeleton soldier (and something about the orcish grunt). Please fix as soon as you have a free minute to spend on it.
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

I think that's only in ae undead, a faction which they have alongside default undead.
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

New Aragwaithi faction has been released with new images -> http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=31599
maybe it could be included in the next Ageless' release.
Favourite Eras: Ageless Era; Eastern Europe at War.
Favourite MP Map: Creep War.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

wesfreak wrote:I think that's only in ae undead, a faction which they have alongside default undead.
No it breaks regular undead in default multiplayer.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Gambit wrote:I'm told that this era now breaks default by giving strange advancement paths to the skeleton soldier (and something about the orcish grunt). Please fix as soon as you have a free minute to spend on it.
An older version might break default, but the current does not. It may appear to if you play Ageless Era, but if you play default or look at the coding of the units, it does not. I have re-downloaded the current version on the 1.8 add-on server and checked twice to confirm this.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
Mica

Post by Mica »

The supposed break is a unit advancement, I think it was Skeleton Archer.
Mica says one who cheats, cheats himself.

You are an Elvish Shyde - Beautiful, natural, and helpful, though sometimes under-appreciated.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

I just checked the skeleton archer, there is no break there either.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
IPS

Post by IPS »

Gambit wrote:
wesfreak wrote:I think that's only in ae undead, a faction which they have alongside default undead.
No it breaks regular undead in default multiplayer.
This is true, I have a weird error with the skeleton mainline in the default era (they can advance to death baron too and this is not normal in default era)

This does not make any serius error (exeptly if I pick an skeleton to advance to Death Baron), but its anoying for other persons and sometimes they left of my rooms because "I cant continue a game with Sync Errors"
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Skeleton soldier; not archer.

IPS are you certain it is ageless era that caused our game to OOS the other day? Mnewton1 seems pretty sure, and zookeeper checked it over. :hmm:
IPS

Post by IPS »

I'm not sure what era made my error. But I downloaded ageless and I do not had errors, but after in a day I started to take sync errors (but never out of the sync) with the skeletons (I don't know why this did happened)
louis15

Post by louis15 »

it seems there is a probleme wtith the soldier statues of the despaire faction (archaic era) they do not recover life whyen in a village and do not follow the "stone" rule. i found mysezlf with a statue soldier having -26 hp after staying on a vilage.