Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

RenoOfTurks

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 2.8

Post by RenoOfTurks »

LOL!eheh :lol2: uhm..in the 2.8.0 version the gatekeeper counter work well
tarragon

Post by tarragon »

There are problems with Era of Magic, when both eras are installed, Era of MAgic doesn't work correct.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Ok. I am back. I am working on all the bugs now so there will be a 2.9.2 soon for bug fixes. I have no idea why the weapon-special.cfg folder will not be read by wesnoth. I was Huston to figure that out if he can. Thanks for all the feedback and help.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
Huston

Post by Huston »

mnewton1 wrote:Ok. I am back. I am working on all the bugs now so there will be a 2.9.2 soon for bug fixes. I have no idea why the weapon-special.cfg folder will not be read by wesnoth. I was Huston to figure that out if he can. Thanks for all the feedback and help.
i'd be happy to try and figure it out. but i can not find the weapon-special.cfg file. the only thing similar to that i was able to find was the abilities.cfg file.

EDIT: Nevermind i found it. Now just to double check it. the specials worked for you whe n you copied the coding into the abilities.cfg right pentarctagon?

EDIT of EDIT: Fixed it. and got rid of the Ageless_Era.cfg file I moved it into the Ageless_Era folder and renamed it as _main.cfg so when you copy and paste the fixed version to your userdata folder, mnewton, be sure to first delete everything about the era that you have on your computer except for the images. also delete the old Ageless_Era.cfg file the version you have on your computer is deprecated now. the images file is too big to post on the forum.

NOTE: if you don't delete the Ageless_Era.cfg and the entire era folder other than the images the fix won't fix it.

here is the entire era minus the images(copy those to your desktop before you delete the old version of the era. then copy them back into the new one)
Ageless_Era.zip
This fix is intended for mnewton only. if anyone else uses it before the bugfix is released via the add-on server your Ageless Era will not update properly(i would of put it on the add-on server already, but i don't have a copy of the .pbl file)
(1.72 MiB) Downloaded 253 times
your welcome
tvrtko

Post by tvrtko »

Hi, got some more bugs...
Primeval - Should P. Fighter be lawful?
-Hektor and Priam - In description, their race is Miscellanuous
Dark Elves -Wizard- No projectile
-mISral Wyrm - sometimes launches an projectile instead of meele, just graphics, damage is same
High Elves -Spearmann - Why 2n?
-Shieldbearer - Wrong attack animation
-Cavalier - No picture
-Sorcerres - WAY too much XP for level up
"Worms are better than me." - Homer Simpson
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

-check the vampire sprite...miss some of that...uhm for example the one of the halfblood
-check the Anakes ability,miss plague to the damned and miss the ability of 6% of istant kill in the unit who cost 17
i think nothing else
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Thanks a lot Huston. I will add that to what I have already changed. The only problem with you adding to era to the add-on server is that I have made a few updates to my current work. I have fixed few of those errors already. RenoOfTurks I fixed it!!! Lol a guess it did not work because of that little issue. I am checking it now. The next job I need done is for you to do some pretty simple things. You don;t have to do them. I just need them done... I need all the file names of the yokai units to have there spaces replaced with '_s' and I need you to make a folder called 'Female' in the vampires images folder. Then i need you to simple put the female vampire images in that folder and test if it works. I know that i am forgetting something but I don't know what... Thanks for the help :D
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
Huston

Post by Huston »

just be careful. all the _(insertname here).cfg files that were in your units folder i moved to a macros folder and renamed a couple of them and i modified your _main.cfg file. thiose were the major changes and it would be a shame if it broke because there a different files doing thew exact same thing and causing interference whith each other.

also my laptop crashed tonight so if you need me to fix stuff i'll be doing it from my 11 year old desktop(fully updated to a pentium 4, 1 GHz processor with 1 gig of ram, yes this is the max the motherboard can support.) that is running ubuntu. so it will take me longer to make fixes.

If youn know of any computer repair places that are willing to replace the piece on the motherboard you plug the cord into to charge the battery , please let me know. most places won't do it because there is a chance of frying the motherboard in the saudering process.
coded Rebellion During the Dark Age
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

I saw what you did and understand it. I am testing it now but a stupid error I have been dealing with for the last 2 days is annoying me but I almost have it. I am sad to say I do not know any repair places. My old computer died for the exact same reason... Good Luck

EDIT: I was doing a little minor remolding of the structure of everything and checking out a few glitches when I noticed the double map glitch. I have fixed this. I am not sure about making a map pack yet. I find it is more convenient to have all the maps in one place.
Creator of Ageless Era
X-Site

Post by X-Site »

Hi, nice work.
I still enjoy having all the nice fractions together.
I thing I noticed the last game: the aegis of the highelfes has no picture.

Regards X-Site
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

I believe the Aegis art was never made. I will check though.
Creator of Ageless Era
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

I have been busy if you know it or not. I was making Ageless Era Lite. Basically is is Ageless Era but with only the base frame images. I have finally finished deleting all the animations... I will release it as another add-on
Creator of Ageless Era
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

uhm..for me doesn't need uhm.... :?
X-Site

Post by X-Site »

mnewton1 wrote:I believe the Aegis art was never made. I will check though.
Well it would be helpfully too at last have SOME unit in its place ;)
Maybe I can pixel something simple from the previous level sprite.

Another small thing:
Agwaith seem to have no teamcolor.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Thanks. If you can make something that would be great. I will check out the Aragwaithi
Creator of Ageless Era