Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

wesfreak

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 4.3

Post by wesfreak »

They don't follow stone rule when on villages to stop you from keeping villages during day that way.

Both arcaic era and era of magic need to be updated.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Loyalist calvary is special of useful to kill the entire Primevalist faction. That faction uses only cold, impact and blade. So not clever for a balanced faction. No pierce ..., no fire (ok some factions doesn't have fire but every faction must have pierce) and arcane (many factions doesn't have this element of atack, so it's ok)

I do this same comment to Doofus-01 in his thread era, but with more details.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

Yokia feyborn witch is bugged: charm works when used with the 7-3 magical attack as well as the 4-1 attack.
IPS

Post by IPS »

IPS wrote:I'm not sure what era made my error. But I downloaded ageless and I do not had errors, but after in a day I started to take sync errors (but never out of the sync) with the skeletons (I don't know why this did happened)
A friend found the reasson of my errors with the skeletons and he said me it's not the ageless. More info of the bug in the spoiler. I will report it to the add on what mades this error.
Spoiler:
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Ageless Era Version 4.4 Released on 1.8 add-on server.

UPDATES/NOTES:
Images folder cleaned up. All bugs fixed that were reported.

Extended Era
--Sylvans: New sprite for Wose Shaman by thespaceinvader.
--Chaos: New sprites for the entire Invader and Invoker line made by Zerovirus. No animations yet. New portrait for Blood Knight by EVILEST. Placeholder portraits from Blood Knight and Overlord.
--Dwarves: New portraits for Runemaster Line from IftU.

Archaic Era - Updated from current version on add-on server.

Era of Magic
--Ancient Dwarves: Faction name changed to Runemasters.

Feudal Era
--Aragwaithi: New portrait for Archer line.

Era of Myths
--Vampires: New Methusalem sprite by Neoskel.

Misc Factions
--Steelhive: Multiple updated made by Trans.
--Dark Legion: New sprites for the Gunner line by Zerovirus.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
alauzon

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 4.4

Post by alauzon »

Hi, I have downloaded ageless v4.4 and I have problems with the Vampries Era. It's there but when I start a game it says "unknown unit type: AE Mistress" for example.

I did loaded the extension while I was playing with that race. When I started a new game the problem arised and I then removed the ageless are, I reloaded it again then I restarted Wesnoth. I am still having the same issue.

Anyone with the same issue?
IPS

Post by IPS »

To start, the vampire faction are in the Era of Myths (EoM) and Newton1 added the sucubus line to his ageless era.

I tried to simulate your error doing the same what you done and I do not find any error in ageless era. I cant be sure if you used the development version or the stable version and what version exactly.

I checked the factions and I like the new sprites for the invader and from the invokers and for their upgarades. That was indeed a nice job! :)
SandyBeaches

Post by SandyBeaches »

I have upgraded to 4.4 and am having the same problems. Infact, it is not just vampires. None of the era of myths races are currently playable.
Redrune

Post by Redrune »

I just wanted to throw in my opinion of the yokai faction cause I really like them. Most of their units do seem to have low HP, but I think that kinda goes along well with the high terrain defense. Also, I've seen people saying that the kitsune and nine-tail attacks should be changed from blade to fire, but I think that the blade attack makes them a unique unit. It would be nice if they had a melee attack before the lv 3 form, and admittedly it probably wouldn't hurt the yokai to get a fire attack in somewhere. The spriggan and pixie lines also seem a bit weak to me. Poltergeists are a little slow, but I really like their leveled forms, especially the Onryo.

As a little side note, I think yokai should be spelled youkai, but I could be wrong. I gleaned that piece of info from watching anime, so, yeah.

Anyway, great work with the Ageless Era, hope it keeps getting better!
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Alauzon, can you tell me what add-ons you have installed? I, like IPS, am unable to replicate this problem. This will make it much harder for me to find and fix the error. Also, what extension are you talking about? There is no add-on that I am aware of that is compatible or adds on to Ageless Era. Thanks for your help and the bug report.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
SandyBeaches

Post by SandyBeaches »

I HAVE FOUND AND FIXED THE PROBLEM, HECK YEAH!
The reason EoM factions are not playable is because various _units.cfg files refer to "EOM_units" when the actual folder is named "EoM_units".

Altering these two files;
Ageless_Era/units/_units.cfg
Ageless_Era/units/EoM_units/_units.cfg

and replacing all references to EOM with EoM appears to fix all issues.

I am guessing this came about due to the renaming of the folder from myths to EoM.

You are welcome :p (only took a couple of hours lol)
Panda_

Post by Panda_ »

Good, now all it takes is people coming to the forum, correcting the error themselves or correcting the addon.
Isawa Aneko
Ishiken

"Dead ? Me ? My clan is in danger, and the Empire is falling ! I don't have time to die !"
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

EOM Elementals seem to be underpowered.
I tried them 1 v 1 against Lavinian and I was defeated with ease.
Their lack of tough and different units is a pain.
Favourite Eras: Ageless Era; Eastern Europe at War.
Favourite MP Map: Creep War.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Panda_ wrote:Good, now all it takes is people coming to the forum, correcting the error themselves or correcting the addon.
Np Panda_, I will fix this and a few other things that release version 4.4.1 to the add-on server because this causes such a big error.

Thanks a lot SandyBeaches for figuring out this error for me :D

MattDakka: Thanks, I will take a look at them.
Creator of Ageless Era
IPS

Post by IPS »

Panda_ wrote:Good, now all it takes is people coming to the forum, correcting the error themselves or correcting the addon.
Yeah that error joined us more :)

I hope the Ageless have in a future more errors like this to join us more (said as a friendly joke :))

At your service mnewton1, we all the users :)